The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I really like Conte as a person. (Don't particularly like his brand of footy at times but that's an ongoing thing with me and Italian pragmatists.).

Right from his utterly gracious and dignified opening press conference, he's become must watch viewing. How would you NOT want someone of Contes honest, hard working character in charge of your club who just gets it? All done with an endearing charm that you can't help but like him.

Whether they openly admit it or not, there's a LOT of envious glances from fans right across the rest of the league at what the current top two have in charge and the connection they have to their respective fanbase.

Very annoying you lot having Klopp, makes me long for the recent past of Suarez t-shirts and F A C T S when it was easier to hate you buggers.

13 in a row, congrats. People keep doubting, Chelsea keep winning.

Is this really the same, labouring bunch of players that got Jose sacked last season?Credit to Conte for galvanising them and motivating them to play as they are.

Think the game vs Spurs will be a real cracker. No doubt they want revenge for the way we so cruelly denied them the title last season. Regardless of whether we break the record or not, this has been a truly monumental streak that I never ever expected in a million years.

Unlucky for some 13, but not unlucky for us at all. Little did we know a humiliating defeat to Arsenal would be a blessing in disguise. Conte hasn't just stumbled on this formation he was working on it in pre-season and when media asked him about 3-5-2 he quickly said "no, we cannot play that at Chelsea it would have to be 3-4-3 because of the attacking players we have.

I'll quickly say on the game today just how exceptional Diego Costa was, the type of goals, his link-up play, his hold up play and his physical presence right now is up there with what we saw from Drogba. I could praise others but tonight i want to look at one man and that is Antonio Conte. Lets go back to when Louis Van Gaal was appointed manager of Man Utd, he was coming off the back of playing a 3 maned defence formation with Holland at the World Cup with some excellent results. So appointed Utd manager he a very well known disciplinarian said before he got his feet under the desk "Utd will play with 3 at the back" before he knew his players the league etc etc and he failed miserably.

Mr Conte on the other hand also came in to this league off the back of playing a 3 maned defence in an international tournament with good results went for a different approach. Being Italian the tactical masters of the game he obviously worked on multiple formations in pre-season but when the first whistle went against West Ham he said "okay lads we play the system your used to". Okay it was one which we stuck with during last seasons debacle but it was also the one which won us the double the season before. We got mixed results early on, won 2 games last on whilst changing to 4-2-4 (bringing Batshuayi on in both wins vs West Ham and Watford) but there wasn't a massive improvement in general. But after being outplayed and deservedly beaten at home by Liverpool and then one of the most shocking first halves of football i've seen from Chelsea at Arsenal a week later he had saw enough. He'd let the players revert to type and that wasn't working, now it was HIS way. Even aside from the system change and 13 wins in a row the thing i love most about Conte is that he seems to see what us fans see. I predicted the 1st and 2nd sub today man on and man off literally 2 minutes before they both happened.

There is just something about Italian managers and Chelsea that fits but potentially he could go on to be the best one yet and not just because of results but because he's changed the clubs formation and he's not scared to use academy players

13 and not out!

UTC!!!

14 EPL goals for Costa and he has not scored more than one in any game. Thats terrifically consistent!

13 and not out!

UTC!!!

Magnificent achievement. But alas only a mere 6 points clear after all that hard work.

Irritating bastards to shake off these Scouse twats huh? (H).

See yers the end of January la. Happy New Year.

FTC!!! ;).

Last edited:
Magnificent achievement. But alas only a mere 6 points clear after all that hard work.

Irritating bastards to shake off these Scouse twats huh? (H).

See yers the end of January la. Happy New Year.

FTC!!! ;).

And we were 7/8 points behind when we first started.

And we were 7/8 points behind when we first started.

Behind City who'd won their first 6. Yers were only 3 behind L'pool.

Has to be so frustratingly demoralising to your lads to go on such a run as this and be only 6 clear. 13 straight wins you'd expect to have a nice little gap.

We had the same in '13/'14 when we reeled off 11 straight the run-in but couldn't shake City whatever we did.

Has to be so frustratingly demoralising to your lads to go on such a run as this and be only 6 clear. 13 straight wins you'd expect to have a nice little gap.

We had the same in '13/'14 when we reeled off 11 straight the run-in but couldn't shake City whatever we did.

Not really. Liverpool had to get into a great run of form as well to keep pace with us so ultimately we are both due to drop points soon. Its only halfway into the season anyways. Even a gap of 10 points at this stage would have been inconsequential.

Also important to note that every time Chelsea were top at Xmas, we have won the title. **** we were joint top with City in 14/15 season at this stage. So really I can't be arsed how big the gap is at this stage as long as we are firmly in the hunt.

Not really. Liverpool had to get into a great run of form as well to keep pace with us so ultimately we are both due to drop points soon. Its only halfway into the season anyways. Even a gap of 10 points at this stage would have been inconsequential.

10 points isn't 'inconsequential' mate. That's a massive deficit at half way for City to face. They're not only relying on themselves going on a run but Chelsea dropping 4 games. And with each passing game the window to do that get's slimmer.

We have been dropping points. 9 of them through 4 games your current run. Has to exasperate you when you're on such a run, and you can't shake off a team that isn't.

10 points isn't 'inconsequential' mate. That's a massive deficit at half way for City to face. They're not only relying on themselves going on a run but Chelsea dropping 4 games. And with each passing game the window to do that get's slimmer.

We have been dropping points. 9 of them through 4 games your current run. Has to exasperate you when you're on such a run, and you can't shake off a team that isn't.

And you had 4 straight wins so your due to drop points in the next 3-4 games as well unless you go on a worldly run as well. 4 games is not a lot when you have an entire half of season left to play. Look you said it exasperates us, it really doesn't. We were joint top with City in 14/15 at this stage and still won the title. Every time we were top at Xmas where it be by GD or 10 points, we won the title. Its a long way till the end of the season, lots of ups and downs for both teams. Lets revisit this in April :P

Back