The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
James Rodrigues agent Mendez has said he won't leave in Jan now as his client does not have suitors. Sounds like PSG chose Draxler over him.

Here is what ****** me off. Even you don't trust Batshuayi to adequately replace Costa when needed then why the **** is he our back up striker? Why was nothing done to rectify the situation?

Stunning lack of faith there ... I am not sure this experiment will work out. Pretty sure we will have to bring on Batshuayi eventually.

Here is what ****** me off. Even you don't trust Batshuayi to adequately replace Costa when needed then why the **** is he our back up striker? Why was nothing done to rectify the situation?

At home to Bournemouth too. Who with absolutely no disrespect intended is not a team you should be being cautious over on your own patch. All the best if Costa get's injured at some point or when he inevitably goes through a dry spell.

VERY interested to see how the plays out.

Can someone just haul Willian off and end the lads' misery. ******* ****.

Bournemouth very unlucky to be behind HT.

Wilshire fantastic for them. Hazard the same for Chelsea. Brilliant goal from Pedro the difference between the two sides.

Easy on the eye game that's in the balance. Cliché alert but the next goal is vital.

Last edited:
Stonewall peno. Harsh scoreline on Bournemouth but there endeth that.

Congratulations on the club record consecutive win streak.

Well deserved goal for Hazard. Has been absolutely superb the entire game!

Heres the problem. Willian is a good player. Hard working and nice lad all round. But he simply is not at the level we need if we want to become a top-tier team. The absence of a world class RW could not be more plain.

Wilshere has been excellent. Almost like he came into the game with a point to prove. Lovely performance.

Whats the point of even bringing Michy on Conte. Pure disrespect.

Whats the point of even bringing Michy on Conte. Pure disrespect.

Probably the opposite mate. Bringing him on means he'll get his appearance and his win bonus. Not a massive deal but Bats seems like the sort of player who can cope with it.

As for why he isn't playing, Conte doesn't think he has adapted well enough to the league yet to play as a single striker. I wouldn't panic about it.

Would like to start seeing subs before the end though. Cruising at 70 minutes? Bring on Bats and Chalobah for a bit of gametime. Not so crucial this year but with Europe next year, we're going to need to rotate and sub more.

Probably the opposite mate. Bringing him on means he'll get his appearance and his win bonus. Not a massive deal but Bats seems like the sort of player who can cope with it.

As for why he isn't playing, Conte doesn't think he has adapted well enough to the league yet to play as a single striker. I wouldn't panic about it.

Would like to start seeing subs before the end though. Cruising at 70 minutes? Bring on Bats and Chalobah for a bit of gametime. Not so crucial this year but with Europe next year, we're going to need to rotate and sub more.

It just looked foolish really. I think he would have appreciated being left on the bench rather than being given a token appearance because Conte felt sorry for him. I am sure he can cope but it is disappointing especially since we were cruising at 2-0 and he could have had at least 20 odd minutes to show what he can do.

Aside from that, Hazard and Pedro were fantastic. Pedro finally showing his quality this season and I don't even blame him for last season since the entire team was dysfunctional. Willian on the other hand ... Had his moments but its his 4th season now, he needs to buck up.

James Rodrigues agent Mendez has said he won't leave in Jan now as his client does not have suitors. Sounds like PSG chose Draxler over him.

Who needs James Rodriguez when you have Pedro Rodriguez!

In all seriousness, I have nothing against James Rodriguez. Excellent player who will improve any team. But if Chelsea are spending £70-80m on a player, I rather have one who is as 'perfect' a fit as possible and that player is Griezzman.

Who needs James Rodriguez when you have Pedro Rodriguez!

In all seriousness, I have nothing against James Rodriguez. Excellent player who will improve any team. But if Chelsea are spending £70-80m on a player, I rather have one who is as 'perfect' a fit as possible and that player is Griezzman.
That will be the transfer battle of Summer. Confindent myself!

Antonio Conte is a serial winner using the secrets he learned at Juventus to turn Chelsea into a trophy machine | Daily Mail Online

This is a terrific piece on Conte and gives some wonderful insights into how he has transformed the club. This era reminds me a lot about how the club was during the Ancelloti era. Family atmosphere among players and staff, a genuine desire from the manager to connect to the fans and not a hint of controversy anywhere. Conte has just added in a ferocious work ethic to boot.

I really like Conte as a person. (Don't particularly like his brand of footy at times but that's an ongoing thing with me and Italian pragmatists.).

Right from his utterly gracious and dignified opening press conference, he's become must watch viewing. How would you NOT want someone of Contes honest, hard working character in charge of your club who just gets it? All done with an endearing charm that you can't help but like him.

Whether they openly admit it or not, there's a LOT of envious glances from fans right across the rest of the league at what the current top two have in charge and the connection they have to their respective fanbase.

Back