The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Good to see Liverpool drop points. Gives us some breathing room in case we drop points against Spurs which I reckon will happen.

Good to see Liverpool drop points. Gives us some breathing room in case we drop points against Spurs which I reckon will happen.

A. Taylor Esq., Wythenshawe, South Manchester is where you need to be sending the NY bubbly.

Magnificent achievement. But alas only a mere 6 points clear after all that hard work.

Irritating bastards to shake off these Scouse twats huh? (H).

See yers the end of January la. Happy New Year.

FTC!!! ;).

Not bothered in the slightest to be honest, Klopp trying to play some mind games and Conte will not be bothered one bit. At the end of the day you were in front of us, just comfortably beat us 2-1 and not find yourself wishing us to lose 2 matches without you dropping points. Far more comfortable in our seat lad, far more.

Not mind games mate. It's slightly different now you have the three game breathing space but you win 13 straight, you'd expect to be more than 6 ahead. Had the same with City in '13/'14. You won the game and see their still on your tails. Human nature for the players to be like 'Oh FFS. Just F off will yers!'

Chelsea won't care one iota over a 5 point gap with a game in hand.

Good point.

It's still 2 games. My bad given you a 3 game lead. Getting ahead of myself sorry.

Pressures still really on then.

Not mind games mate. It's slightly different now you have the three game breathing space but you win 13 straight, you'd expect to be more than 6 ahead. Had the same with City in '13/'14. You won the game and see their still on your tails. Human nature for the players to be like 'Oh FFS. Just F off will yers!'

We personally expected to battle for top 4 lol. So being where we are and what we've done i.e 13 games won in a row we are not annoyed in the slightest.

We personally expected to battle for top 4 lol. So being where we are and what we've done i.e 13 games won in a row we are not annoyed in the slightest.

You may well not be. The team on the other hand is (probably. As nobody is actualy in the changies to say for certain either way) a different story.

But regardless, here's to you dropping tomorrow. ;).

Happily take a draw there and keep it at a very manageable 2 games.

If the pressure is on Chelsea, then it must really be on Liverpool with 4 teams within 5 points of them

You may well not be. The team on the other hand is (probably. As nobody is actual in the changies) a different story.

But regardless, here's to you dropping tomorrow. ;).

Happily take a draw there and keep it at a very manageable 2 games.

I'd bite your hand off for a draw too

If the pressure is on Chelsea, then it must really be on Liverpool with 4 teams within 5 points of them

We'll deal with that if/ when we reach top spot again.

Only looking one way and that's Chelsea. These lads are now looking firmly at the title.

Draw would be decent, keep the top 6 at bay, and keep hammering everyone else. Only 2 points dropped outside top 6 and that was Swansea

You can't have it both ways Scouse. Either Chelsea are under pressure from behind, and you're under even more, or you're not under pressure, and they are very comfortable.

Chelsea don't need to look behind themselves either, they just need to keep doing their job.

You can't have it both ways Scouse. Either Chelsea are under pressure from behind, and you're under even more, or you're not under pressure, and they are very comfortable.

Chelsea don't need to look behind themselves either, they just need to keep doing their job.

Of course you can when first is all you're interested in.

If it was the top 4 placing then you'd have a point.

Which means Chelsea comfortably hold first, wont lose ground even if they lose as they have a game in hand, can extend if they win and thus arent under pressure. So again, you can't have it both ways.

Meh, this is a fruitless discussion as you don't think they'll be feeling frustrated at a team they just can't shake whatever they do where as I can't see how they can't be.

FWIW, I wanted Arsenal to win tonight which would of left them only a point behind us to add them back in the mix. Only looking one way and that's up.

By the end of tomorrow they could be 8 points clear. At worst they will be 5 points clear.

5 points lead at 20 games is a great place to be.

And let it stay a very manageable 5, or at worst 6 points going into the game at Anfield the end the month.

i don't for one minute doubt Liverpool could close the gap however i don't expect them not to drop any points too

Oh heck everyone will drop points. That's football.

It's amusing me mooching round social media tonight seeing L'pool 'fans' going nuts over not winning yesterday. If you can't take 13 from 15 points since your last loss then something is seriously wrong and the team above you must be well clear.

The out of reality way people today lose it when their team doesn't win a game of football has to be seen to be believed. Thank the Lord someone like Paisley wasn't in the social media era as the times his great sides got walloped at places like Coventry in one off games 4 or 5 they'd be calling for his head on a stick!

But it's not dropping points or losing games that matter. It's how you respond the next game and putting another run of games together after that.

Back