The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
As it's the FA Cup and I'm in the spirit today .....

??????..... No Trophy for 22 Years, Tell Yer Ma, Yer Ma ..... ??????

Looks as though Nathan Ake is being recalled from his loan spell at Bournemouth early. Hope he is being brought back to actually play some games and not just warm the bench!

Looks as though Nathan Ake is being recalled from his loan spell at Bournemouth early. Hope he is being brought back to actually play some games and not just warm the bench!

These new rules are tricky. Because loans now go window to window with no recall option, on a season long there is in January but only if you stipulate it. It had been mooted Burnley were gonna' bounce Flanagan back to us but they apparently can't as that was never put into the initial loan.

Unfortunately I was unable to see it, but I did hear that Poch matched Chelsea's formation. However it does seem that the high pressing from Kane, Alli and Eriksen unsettled Chelsea and that is something we are good at. I wouldn't expect to see Klopp alter much, but I don't necessarily think the formations need to be matched to achieve the same result. I think style is much more important than formation.

In a way you could argue that at time we would resemble a 3-4-3, with Henderson dropping between the CB's, fullbacks pushing up and wingers tucking inside. Not that I'd want Henderson man-marking Costa, even if he can stare him down

I actually don't think formations settled the game on the night just a fact of too many Chelsea players didn't turn up and Spurs won 2 major battles. They were better in the wing back areas and won the midfield battle, Kane was as quiet as i've ever seen him and aside from the goals Eriksen and Alli were very quiet too however they produced two bits of quality with a hint of poor defending.

Madness for me, actually forced his way into this Bournemouth side and will come back to sit on the bench if he's lucky.

If they fall out or Costa drops a level, and they cannot replace him in Jan, the title and top 4 is properly game on

That's some weird ****, if player says his back hurts, his back hurts.

Treat it with a pinch of salt for now, as we know what the media are like. But if he is out for the Leicester game, forgetting the amid speculation, that alone makes it interesting for the Old Trafford game on Sunday.

Treat it with a pinch of salt for now, as we know what the media are like. But if he is out for the Leicester game, forgetting the amid speculation, that alone makes it interesting for the Old Trafford game on Sunday.
Matt Law is usually spot on with Chelsea and he's confined the stories.

Articles these days are like legends. They have a grain of truth, but the rest is bullshit.
No doubt there was a discussion between them if he is injured, but everything is probably scaled out of proportion.
IF all this is true, I think I can safely say we stand by Conte. But again, it's probably a load a trash from a click-bait journalist.

Funnily enough, Costa just posted a picture on social media cheering Chelsea on...

Matt Law– Verified account ‏@Matt_Law_DT

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Chelsea and Abramovich are adamant they will not be bullied by Chinese money and they blame entire Costa bust up on the offer he's had #cfc
1:08 pm - 13 Jan 2017
424 RETWEETS340 LIKES.

Is the Belgium kid so un-PL ready right now? Conte doesn't appear to feel comfortable using him at all does he?

If they fall out or Costa drops a level, and they cannot replace him in Jan, the title and top 4 is properly game on
Costa will drop a level. Expected goals show that Costa is scoring 2.3 per xG. That in analytics terms is unsustainable. A great rate for Lionel Messi would be 2/3rds of that. It's not a question of whether Costa will drop off. It's a question of if Chelsea win it before then. The Costa situation may blow it wide open.

Depends on Hazard for me. He can go "oh no i've lost Diego" or "Well **** you i'm the star anyway, watch this"...

The thing about Chelsea, their stars are spoilt brats. So it's sorta walking on eggshells, trying to keep them happy. Could you imagine Pogba or Ibrahimovic throwing a strop and "faking" injuries, or not playing/performing for their manager? (I'm looking at last season, lads)

Don't get me wrong, they're a world class pair in Hazard and Costa, but a tantrum away from a season catastrophe.

Back