The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
What are your thoughts on Lukaku? I know you do not like him but his goalscoring record is very impressive.

Hated his attitude and think if he brings that back with him then he would be very ill suited. Can you see Conte working well with someone who wants a virtually guaranteed place, especially a fairly streaky young striker? If he's fixed it though, would have no objections: everyone deserves a second chance.

Not going to give up on Diego until he is gone though. I seem to remember another Chelsea striker in recent years being a bit of a drama queen and trying to force his way out at one point. He turned out alright in the end ;)

Hated his attitude and think if he brings that back with him then he would be very ill suited. Can you see Conte working well with someone who wants a virtually guaranteed place, especially a fairly streaky young striker? If he's fixed it though, would have no objections: everyone deserves a second chance.

Not going to give up on Diego until he is gone though. I seem to remember another Chelsea striker in recent years being a bit of a drama queen and trying to force his way out at one point. He turned out alright in the end ;)

China would be such a ridiculous move for Diego. Think about it. The guy who has struggled to settle down in London, which is one of the most cosmpolitan cities in the world with a large spanish speaking contingent, and still has not learned English, relatively easier to other languages, wants to go and try to live in freaking China and learn Chinese!!

Not to mention that with his competitive instincts on the pitch, he will probably hate how easy it will be for him in the Chinese Super League.

China would be such a ridiculous move for Diego. Think about it. The guy who has struggled to settle down in London, which is one of the most cosmpolitan cities in the world with a large spanish speaking contingent, and still has not learned English, relatively easier to other languages, wants to go and try to live in freaking China and learn Chinese!!

Not to mention that with his competitive instincts on the pitch, he will probably hate how easy it will be for him in the Chinese Super League.
But Money '_'

Legitimate penalty turned down and a Costa goal that probably should have stood. Not looking like our day atm.

Legitimate penalty turned down and a Costa goal that probably should have stood. Not looking like our day atm.

'Champions' always find a way. It's what United are lacking, ruthlessness when potential frustrating days are in front of us, whereas Chelsea find a way to get the ball over the line. We've seen glimpses of this, against Hull early doors in the league, and against 'Boro and Palace, but we've found ourselves in this situation too often.

Can't give Chelsea enough credit this season, they've won every type of way, and when little things are going against them like it today might've been, they still find a way.

Last edited:

The officiating is **** poor both ways it would appear.

Costa was defo onside. No problem with his later goal. Hernandez has to be stronger there. But that was a stonewall penalty on Hernandez from Alonso.

Tell yer what, regardless of how this game ends up, Silva is really living up to his great pedigree in the early games at Hull

Second time I've seen them now against both Utd and Chelsea away. And they've performed great both games whilst losing men at a rate like they've just got off the boats at Normandy. Were it not for poor officiating they'd have more to go at against Utd Thursday and today he's subtle in game changes adapting to misfortune have been superb.

Hull lack the quality on the field but they look to have a real bright coaching mind off it.

I think it's more down to the Lyon owner, Aulas, continuenly upping the price to exorbitant sums than anything.
We wanted Lacazette this summer and Aulas tried to milk every penny they could out of us. He won't come cheap. We were discussing a £30-40 Million deal and he doubles his asking price.

Wow that was tough wasn't it. Massive kudos to Hull today making it very tough for us, that performance from them and Swansea's win at Liverpool on Saturday (LOL) just shows that this is the most competitive league in the world. For me because we were very average today yet still managed to win 2-0 shows to me why we will win the league. i believe we are the only side who FINDS a way to win.

Just a quick word on Costa i think its easy to see what he's all about. He's a very emotional footballer and 100% leaves everything out on that field no matter what shirt he's wearing but...... He has absolutely zero ties to that shirt whatever shirt it may be. I don't think he should be slated for this because that's his prerogative and all we should care about is if he can keep performing for us on the pitch. If he goes in the summer so be it he'll be replaced but he'll go as one of the best strikers to wear this clubs crest.

Another love-in regarding our gaffer, he just keeps getting everything so right i'm not sure as a fan base we've connected with a manager as much as quickly as we have him. A few weeks ago i said we seem to have a manager who see's what we see and mentioned on numerous occasions iv'e called his subs minutes before he does them and the same happened today. "Hull playing some nice stuff here, feel we need fabregas and willian on the pitch" was my Tweet, and then 5 minutes later a double sub happened. I'm not blowing my own trumpet here it's all Mr Conte in seeing the real picture. He is one **** of a manager we are blessed.

I'll leave with some very good reading for you all .

We have now conceded 6 goals in 16 games since switching to this new formation (one every 4 hours).

Chelsea have now kept 1,500 cleansheets in our history.

We also have now won over 1,000 points in our Premier League history (only Arsenal and Man Utd have more).

And the best one saved until last. 55 points at this stage of the season has only ever been achieved 4 times before, 3 of them being Chelsea and we went on to win the league in all 3 of them.

Happy 8 points clear day and UTC!!!

I also want to say best wishes to Ryan Mason and hope he has a speedy recovery.

We wanted Lacazette this summer and Aulas tried to milk every penny they could out of us. He won't come cheap. We were discussing a £30-40 Million deal and he doubles his asking price.

Financial bit aside, he'd be absolutely perfect for Arsenal. Still can't believe when I brought him up on the Arsenal thread a few months back, I was told he wouldn't be an improvement of what Arsenal already had and would just be another option (was it you Damola?).

Huge win for us. Not easy at all going into a game knowing all your rivals have dropped points and this is the opportunity to capitalize. Gives us some much needed breathing room before the double header to Liverpool and Arsenal.

We will probably lose to Liverpool who usually play at another level in the big games plus its at Anfield but I think we can get a result against Arsenal at home.

Financial bit aside, he'd be absolutely perfect for Arsenal. Still can't believe when I brought him up on the Arsenal thread a few months back, I was told he wouldn't be an improvement of what Arsenal already had and would just be another option (was it you Damola?).
I wanted him badly.

Chelsea FC– Verified account ‏@ChelseaFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Conte says Asmir Begovic will be allowed to leave if we can find a suitable replacement, but if not, he will stay at the club. #CFC
5:11 am - 27 Jan 2017
360 RETWEETS488 LIKES.

The way these things are ... pretty sure Liverpool will destroy us at Anfield. No better game for Klopp to use to try and hype up the players and restore confidence.

The way these things are ... pretty sure Liverpool will destroy us at Anfield. No better game for Klopp to use to try and hype up the players and restore confidence.

Maybe but if it continues the way it as think you will easy beat them, bet many pool fans will be supporting Cameroon!

Maybe but if it continues the way it as think you will easy beat them, bet many pool fans will be supporting Cameroon!

Not very happy with the result today because it means they can focus solely on the league. Plus they will come flying off the blocks on tuesday to try and make amends. First 30 minutes or so will be very crucial.

Not very happy with the result today because it means they can focus solely on the league. Plus they will come flying off the blocks on tuesday to try and make amends. First 30 minutes or so will be very crucial.

Yeah I get what you mean, will be an interesting one, would you take a point?

Back