The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
The thing about Chelsea, their stars are spoilt brats. So it's sorta walking on eggshells, trying to keep them happy. Could you imagine Pogba or Ibrahimovic throwing a strop and "faking" injuries, or not playing/performing for their manager? (I'm looking at last season, lads)

Don't get me wrong, they're a world class pair in Hazard and Costa, but a tantrum away from a season catastrophe.

Well, yeah both have done it.. the faking injuries is a **** move though if true, no professional should be trying that one

I've never once seen nor heard of Pogba or Zlatan taking things to the level that Hazard and Diego have in the past, and the latter currently rumoured to be taking.

I think players not giving 100% for their team, for their manager, is just as low as anything in the game, including faking an injury, as at least when they're "injured" they're being replaced on the pitch by someone who's giving 100%. Especially when you're taking crazy money off the club. That's just my 10 cents.

But I couldn't be half arsed getting into it.

Imagine? They've both done it.

Give me an example in which both or either player have not played for their manager with an agenda of getting the manager relieved of his duties, or rumoured to have "faked" an injury?

Note "throwing a strop and faking an injury" is one point, I'm not looking for examples of a player showing frustration on a pitch, in which case it'd be quicker easier finding me all the players who haven't.

Last edited:
Give me an example in which both or either player have not played for their manager with an agenda of getting the manager relieved of his duties, or rumoured to have "faked" an injury?

Note "throwing a strop and faking an injury" is one point, I'm not looking for examples of a player showing frustration on a pitch, in which case it'd be quicker easier finding me all the players who haven't.

Pep on his time at Barcelona could help you out there.

BTW, very impressive initial response.

Getting repetitive but it's not losing games that matter. It's how you respond.

BTW, very impressive initial response.

Getting repetitive but it's not losing games that matter. It's how you respond.

It's amazing how many people don't get this. Every team loses sometimes, it just happens. Champions make it a blip, other teams *cough*Arsenal, let it derail their momentum entirely.

Matt Law– Verified account ‏@Matt_Law_DT

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Chelsea and Abramovich are adamant they will not be bullied by Chinese money and they blame entire Costa bust up on the offer he's had #cfc
1:08 pm - 13 Jan 2017
424 RETWEETS340 LIKES.

Hmmm, must be the only journalist to have Roman on speed dial............... I smell something here........

Just a few words on yesterdays win and Costa "issue", yesterday was a massive result for us because it showed character and a desire to win the title. For me the biggest plus yesterday was the fact we shut the media up massively, the media want and need a title race so much but we just continue to not let them have one and its exceptionally pleasing.

I want to praise our left wing back if i may, he's gotten a lot of stick this season mostly from his own corner which i think has been harsh. Yes he's a little rough around the edges, suspect defensively at times but he has not been that bad at all. He has a wicked left foot which he can cross with brilliantly, he wins a lot of headers and him marauding forward gives the likes of Hazard the spare and freedom to go wherever he wants. All i saw last week was and even when the line-ups where announced "Ake should replace Alonso" its just not going to happen. Quickly on Ake i unfortunately believe it will be a poor decision for Ake, he's behind so many players he'll be lucky to make the bench its very harsh.

On a positive note again i'm glad match of the day highlighted our front 3 last night, they were exceptional in creating space for each other and others with their quick inter play. I want to pick out one of them front 3 and that is Pedro, many wrote him off because of his slow season last year however he's settled very well into Chelsea now. And if Costa is to leave this window or sulk and is frozen out then this front 3 could very well lead us to the title. Playing this strikerless formation is Pedro's bread and butter, its the way he was trained at La Masia and he carried that on with over 350 appearances for Barcelona and Spain playing this way.

Now on Costa none of us genuinely know what happened, we all have our opinions and mine is that something did happen but maybe not as much as the media are making out. I think there was a row between Costa and fitness staff regarding his fitness and i think he copped because he wanted to play. Threw his toys out the pram and we all know he can continue on an argument. But now i suspect his agent and cancer of the game in my eyes Jorge Mendes wants to test the water, how much do Chelsea want my client. I have an offer of nearly 600k a week so you show me Chelsea how important my man is to you. Now i don't mind him getting a pay rise however only on the fact that all parties have resolved issues. On the other hand we are being offered an alleged 80 million for a 28 year old, now i know replacing Costa in January is impossible but that is why i mentioned the 3 who played up top yesterday because i think they could do the job. Them 3 up front with Batshuayi (or Llorente if that's what Conte wants) and Solanke as back up. In fact there's even another option, Fabregas played as a false 9 with quite a bit of success with both Barca and Spain so we have options so for me if Costa stays then excellent we keep hold of a world class striker but if he goes then i'm not worried.

UTC!!!

Conte's approach with Costa may cost us the title but as Matt Law pointed out, it means that there is no chance of player power rising again at Chelsea. Thats a trade-off I am happy to make.

if Costa and his agent Mended have even half a brain cell, they would have realized by now that Chelsea are not going to even give up an inch. Either Costa just stews on his own and lets the club, fans and his teammates down or he can get his head down, finish out this season strongly and get his big money move in the summer.

If he does go, which I am very doubtful of, can we sign Lacazette? Please? I genuinely cannot get my head around the fact that he still isn't at a big club. He's got 78 goals in 118 games in the last 4 years and that includes a shaky spell for a few months at one point. Dude is banging them at a ******* goal at a game this season (15 in 15) and is only 25. If Diego does go, would much rather see a player like him given a chance then someone like Morata.

If he does go, which I am very doubtful of, can we sign Lacazette? Please? I genuinely cannot get my head around the fact that he still isn't at a big club.....

I think it's more down to the Lyon owner, Aulas, continuenly upping the price to exorbitant sums than anything.

If he does go, which I am very doubtful of, can we sign Lacazette? Please? I genuinely cannot get my head around the fact that he still isn't at a big club. He's got 78 goals in 118 games in the last 4 years and that includes a shaky spell for a few months at one point. Dude is banging them at a ******* goal at a game this season (15 in 15) and is only 25. If Diego does go, would much rather see a player like him given a chance then someone like Morata.

What are your thoughts on Lukaku? I know you do not like him but his goalscoring record is very impressive.

Anyways good to see a truce has been called. Would have been such an idiotic way to ruin our season. Lets revisit this in the summer.

Back