The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Satisfied with the result. 1 more point added to the lead.
Thank you Spurs and Arsenal. The real stars of the night :D

СЭ Зенит– ‏@zenit_se

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Первое фото Ивановича в футболке "Зенита" [url]http://www.sport-express.ru/football/rfpl/clubs/news/ivanovich-sfotografirovalsya-v-futbolke-zenita-1212226/ …[/URL]

Ivanovic to Zenit confirmed

More than happy with a point against the toughest side to play in big games. Penalty was soft so probably deserved that Costa missed it in the end. Onwards and upwards.

Very quick one from me tonight as i'm up at 4. Very much take a point and get out of there type performance tonight. I think its mad saying we were lucky to get a point when we missed a penalty too but that was the truth. Yes Liverpool didn't create many good opportunities but that's because of our defensive shape which was absolutely world class tonight that is what sets us apart from the rest of the league.

However going forward and ball retention wise it was one of our worst performances of the season. Hazard spent half the game on the floor and he's in a real bad patch of form right now. Some praise now for Luiz and Kante who i felt were both absolutely exceptional arguably both their best games for this football club.

Now i don't want to say it was all negative because far more positives came out of today for sure. We went 1 more point clear of Arsenal and we didn't lose any ground on Liverpool and Spurs either so no harm done what so ever in my eyes. All that happened is we went to one of the hardest away trips of the season and came away with a very hard earned point. One thing is for sure, Liverpool needed to win that far more than we did.

So all is not lost at all, we are just 1 more game closer to the title.

UTC!!!

Was at work tonight, missed the game :(

Worth a watch lads or was just a tidy draw?

You were shithouses, but lacked a cutting edge up front. Exactly how you should approach a game like this

You're going to win the league

It is scary when your defense is so good and world class caliber when Gahill is in it. Dont get me wrong he is not bad, he knows what to do and suits Conte stile, but still you have so big improvements incoming: Zouma and Christensen (Who I think will be one of the best defenders). Your defense will just be so much better next year, only if you dont lose Courtois.

Zouma is rotation quality at most imo.

Serious?
Zouma would be improvement on Gahill in almost every way. Gahill has only huge advantage in experience.
Without that horrific injury to Zouma he would start for sure. Guy is 22 years old, missing almost a season, give him a small break.
He isn't much better than Cahill. Zouma isn't good enough on the ball and makes last ditch challenges after getting caught out of position. Christensen is the real deal. Intelligent defender and exactly what Chelsea need.

Frank Lampard officially retired. Hopefully we shall see him at the club in a coaching role real soon.
His statement in the spoiler.

After 21 incredible years, I have decided that now is the right time to finish my career as a professional footballer. Whilst I have received a number of exciting offers to continue playing at home and abroad, at 38 I feel now is the time to begin the next chapter in my life. I’m immensely proud of the trophies I’ve won, of representing my country over 100 times and of scoring more than 300 career goals.I have many people to thank. I thank my parents for instilling in me the values of hard work, dedication and professionalism, values which I have carried with me in everything that I do. I am forever grateful for the support of my family, my wife Christine and my two daughters Luna and Isla. What you have given me off the pitch has always been my strength on it. I love you all very much. Also, my friends and my own team that have always been there for me. I would like to thank the amazing team-mates, coaches, managers and backroom staff that I was privileged to work with. I’d also like to pay tribute to the clubs that I have represented. Firstly, West Ham United who gave me my debut in 1996. Thanks to the people there that believed in me at that young age. More recently Manchester City and New York City FC. I greatly enjoyed my last playing years at these two clubs and really appreciate the support I received from City Football Group and both clubs’ fans.
Of course, the largest part of my heart belongs to Chelsea Football Club, a club which has given me so many great memories. I will never forget the opportunity they gave me and the success that we managed to achieve together. It is impossible to give thanks individually to all the people that helped and supported me in my 13 years playing there. All I can say is from the day I signed until now and going forward, I'm eternally grateful for everything and to everyone. Chelsea fans gave myself and my teammates such incredible support. Their passion and hunger drove me on personally to give my best year after year. I couldn't have done it without them.

Looking forward, I'm grateful to the FA for the opportunity to study for my coaching qualifications and I look forward to pursuing the off-field opportunities that this decision opens.

Chelsea's greatest ever player?

I know Drogba won the popularity award a few years back, and Zola also being a fan favourite, but for me personally it's Frank and J.T. I will not go on about older club legends, because I haven't seen them play, but for like 15 or so years since I started watching football, I cannot thing of anyone better than these two at Chelsea.
For me, when you say Chelsea, i think of Lampard and Terry.

Drogba just pips it for me. Frank is an absolute legend but Drogba was the epitome of that winning Chelsea spirit. You could be 2-1 down at 85 minutes and still believe you'd win 3-2 because of players like him. He was the hero, the X-Factor, whenever you needed someone to step up in the big game and win it for you, there he was. Watching him come back from 2008 to win it for us in Munich was perfect too, nerves of ******* steel.

If you can't beat us, talk **** to destabilize the team. Working like a charm I see.

Back