The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Woeful from Cahill. If Walters jumps for the header, he takes out Courtois and we get an easy foul.

Anthony Taylor is a complete and utterly ******* who isn't fit to be a referee.

But the players aren't helping him here at all. This is getting gnarly and narky!

Hard to watch, and somewhat dirty game, but 3 points is all that matters. Job well done.

Deserved win. Stoke showed nothing in the second half. Worst part was how they gave up on the basics when Cahill scored the winner. Terrible mentality.

Current mood:

WvINqG3.png

^^^^^ Lot of talk in Italy that Inter are gonna' make a hard play for him being as Simeone looks set to stay another year the new stadium at least in Madrid.

Now I don't believe a God **** thing that comes out of either Italy or Spain, they have SO much copy to fill. But that's the buzz in Milan FWIW.

^^^^^ Lot of talk in Italy that Inter are gonna' make a hard play for him being as Simeone looks set to stay another year the new stadium at least in Madrid.

Now I don't believe a God **** thing that comes out of either Italy or Spain, they have SO much copy to fill. But that's the buzz in Milan FWIW.

Can't see him leaving to go back to Italy tbh. He has achieved all he can there.

Costa already in China mentally perhaps, another awful game where he brought back the old antics again and basically dived for the 90 minutes.

Today was the performance/result of Champions. Stoke made is so tough for us so physical its vile to watch but ****** **** its effective! However we showed we are made of sterner stuff today by not playing brilliantly and taking all three points and all this without our best player. You could see by the players and Conte's reaction at the final whistle that they all knew how significant that win was today, for me that seals the title mentally for us.

UTC!!!!

P.S, Bardsley is a disgraceful "footballer!"

Costa already in China mentally perhaps, another awful game where he brought back the old antics again and basically dived for the 90 minutes.

He was foolishly back to his old antics (not like Stoke were exactly innocent) but I really don't see how you can say his performance was awful.

He was foolishly back to his old antics (not like Stoke were exactly innocent) but I really don't see how you can say his performance was awful.

He really hasn't had a great game at all in the second half of the season. Swear it's like watching a completely different player. He's been as bad as he was good in the first half, like every time he touches the ball the attack dies. He gives the ball away too many times either by simply going to ground or because of his passing which has also been awful lately. It's baffling because he also used to be a good dribbler.

Pioli is doing a great job at Inter, their medium to long term target is Simeone so I can't see them going for Conte any time soon. Even if they did, I doubt he'd leave

Excellent read from ChelseaYouth on youth development. Kane and Linegaard prime examples of how club should develop youth. Give them tough and varied loans and bring them back at age 20-23 to give them a real look in the first team or sell them. Important thing is to not look too closely at their performances on loan. As long as you are confident in their talent, thats good enough to bring them back unless of course they display attitude problems or are truly catastrophic during their loan spells.

Once in a while you will get your Harry Kane, the world class player who makes it all worthwhile. Most of the time you get Linegaard, solid squad players who can give you 20-25 games a season in a title winning season. You then invest your money in truly world class signings to complete the squad.

We have a bunch of youth coming through on whom decisions need to be made soon. I believe the likes of Ake, Chalobah, RLC, Betrand Traore and Lewis Baker can become solid squad players as early as next season whereas someone like Christensen will become a truly world class player. Time will tell though.

Point is that we have an academy that is still not paying dividends to us in terms of adding to the first team squad. We need to improve because our youth is talented but at the same time not miss out on world class players in the market. Its a difficult balance but one we need to find.

Pioli is doing a great job at Inter, their medium to long term target is Simeone so I can't see them going for Conte any time soon. Even if they did, I doubt he'd leave

Pioli's made Kondogbia look like a proper footballer, deserves respect for that :D

Excellent read from ChelseaYouth on youth development. Kane and Linegaard prime examples of how club should develop youth. Give them tough and varied loans and bring them back at age 20-23 to give them a real look in the first team or sell them. Important thing is to not look too closely at their performances on loan. As long as you are confident in their talent, thats good enough to bring them back unless of course they display attitude problems or are truly catastrophic during their loan spells.

Once in a while you will get your Harry Kane, the world class player who makes it all worthwhile. Most of the time you get Linegaard, solid squad players who can give you 20-25 games a season in a title winning season. You then invest your money in truly world class signings to complete the squad.

We have a bunch of youth coming through on whom decisions need to be made soon. I believe the likes of Ake, Chalobah, RLC, Betrand Traore and Lewis Baker can become solid squad players as early as next season whereas someone like Christensen will become a truly world class player. Time will tell though.

Point is that we have an academy that is still not paying dividends to us in terms of adding to the first team squad. We need to improve because our youth is talented but at the same time not miss out on world class players in the market. Its a difficult balance but one we need to find.

Yeah exactly. But I think the key thing is that when the 'youth' player is just ever going to be a solid squad option, that he recognises it (of course not settle for it, strive to get into the first team as much as you can, but recognise that there are likely to be better options than you over the course of the season at the bigger clubs so don't kick up any fuss if you don't). Lingard for example, he divides opinion, and he's even frustrated me at times, but there's very little to complain about when you step back and just look at the bigger picture; he's a solid homegrown player who is happy to be at the club in his current squad-player role... practically a win-win all 'round.

You'd pay £25+ million for a replacement player of his profile nowadays, so what's the point pushing him out the door when as said, he's a very decent, hard working squad player, who adds up the homegrown numbers, and is happy to be here.

Traore has been awful for Ajax whole season and I have no clue why Bosz prefers him over El Ghazi. He sold a prospect to keep Traore in the team. Traore is very predictable. Against Kobenhagen you could even see that wingbacks would defend 3m away from him because he always goes inside.

Back