The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Traore has been awful for Ajax whole season and I have no clue why Bosz prefers him over El Ghazi. He sold a prospect to keep Traore in the team. Traore is very predictable. Against Kobenhagen you could even see that wingbacks would defend 3m away from him because he always goes inside.

El Ghazi went to France in the Jan window.

Excellent read from ChelseaYouth on youth development. Kane and Linegaard prime examples of how club should develop youth. Give them tough and varied loans and bring them back at age 20-23 to give them a real look in the first team or sell them. Important thing is to not look too closely at their performances on loan. As long as you are confident in their talent, thats good enough to bring them back unless of course they display attitude problems or are truly catastrophic during their loan spells.

Once in a while you will get your Harry Kane, the world class player who makes it all worthwhile. Most of the time you get Linegaard, solid squad players who can give you 20-25 games a season in a title winning season. You then invest your money in truly world class signings to complete the squad.

We have a bunch of youth coming through on whom decisions need to be made soon. I believe the likes of Ake, Chalobah, RLC, Betrand Traore and Lewis Baker can become solid squad players as early as next season whereas someone like Christensen will become a truly world class player. Time will tell though.

Point is that we have an academy that is still not paying dividends to us in terms of adding to the first team squad. We need to improve because our youth is talented but at the same time not miss out on world class players in the market. Its a difficult balance but one we need to find.

I think we are starting to find that balance, Conte himself was a 16 year old who got given his chance so he knows what it means and what it takes to make that step up. I do agree with you though a 16-20 year old unless coming through with a Rooney type ability at that age will never make it at Chelsea but ages between 20-23 who have proven themselves on loan could well do. I agree with you the players you mentioned who could be good squad players for us but is that what they want? Ake in my opinion could replace Cahill at the left centre back role i think he's definitely good enough. Definitely agree regarding Christensen however i could also see the club selling him if they receive a massive bid for him though i hope they dont because he could take Terry's place in the squad as i believe he will leave/retire this summer.

Traore has been awful for Ajax whole season and I have no clue why Bosz prefers him over El Ghazi. He sold a prospect to keep Traore in the team. Traore is very predictable. Against Kobenhagen you could even see that wingbacks would defend 3m away from him because he always goes inside.

I never liked Traore wide right because as you stated he is very easy to read, when Hiddink gave him a run in the Chelsea side it was up front and he scored a handful of goals i personally see him as a striker .

What do you guys think of all this Bakayoko talk. Offer been excepted, personnel terms agreed? Various sources posted a couple in transfer thread. It seems to be picking up speed.

What do you guys think of all this Bakayoko talk. Offer been excepted, personnel terms agreed? Various sources posted a couple in transfer thread. It seems to be picking up speed.

Odd signing for me, if anything would of thought they needed more of a creative mid considering they have Kante/Matic already.

Odd signing for me, if anything would of thought they needed more of a creative mid considering they have Kante/Matic already.
Suppose he would be a good replacement for either of those depth wise. Plus he is more creative than those 2. Would be good BTB signing for them especially at the quoted price in today's market.

What's the one defining factor at Chelsea this season has separated them from the pack? Lack of any injuries. Not least key ones.

Even if they bought him and kept the other two, that's serious strength in a key area to be able to rotate and lesson/ cover the chances of any injury there.

Fantastic signing if it happens, Kante - Bakayoko would be dynamite, also gives us a good 3 man midfield if we do switch to a 3-5-2 with Cesc coming in alongside those two. The only downside I suppose is lesser opportunities for the academy lads like Chalobah and maybe Baker.

Fantastic signing if it happens, Kante - Bakayoko would be dynamite, also gives us a good 3 man midfield if we do switch to a 3-5-2 with Cesc coming in alongside those two. The only downside I suppose is lesser opportunities for the academy lads like Chalobah and maybe Baker.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NAINGGOLAN: "Datemi il sole e verrò in Premier League. Contattato da Conte, ne riparleremo in estate" » LaRoma24.it – Tutte le News, Notizie, Approfondimenti Live sulla As Roma

As happy as I'd be with Radja, if Veratti is moving, we should move heaven and earth to get him.

I honestly expect him to go to Barca but that makes far too much sense for their board.
Can they afford his wages without having to clear a few players off the books first? I read a piece yesterday that they struggled to give the front 3 the new contracts and stay in line with FFP. Can't see them affording another 200k + a week player. Add to that most likely 100m close transfer fee then agent fees on top. Can defo see him costing more than Pogba if PSG do sell.

Last edited:
Back