The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
That would be the end of Willian/Pedro, possibly both. I don't see them playing second fiddle for an entire season. Sanchez is probably better than both of them, but I kinda grew fond of Pedro, and Willian is ...well Willian. Gives his heart out every game.

I suspect its the end of Willian. His work-rate is immense but his attacking play is inconsistent and poor. Same problems every season.

Next season with more games means Pedro should have plenty of opportunities to play.

Funny the press. Been reading that Carlo will make him his No1 target in the summer from various reports in German media. Would be a good and expensive signing whoever gets him. Most probably more takers also.

Don't forget that Pedro or Sanchez could potentially play upfront as well.

Been watching some Lukaku's clips recently, and I couldn't figure out why does media compare him to Drogba. Only in common thing they have is physique. Jesus Christ, what a player Drogba was. Guy had everything.

Chelsea focus efforts on signing Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku this summer as Alvaro Morata interest fades

Regardless of whether any of these moves pan out and I highly doubt the one for Sanchez wil, the fact that these rumours are even being reported shows that the club has learnt from the mistakes of the 2015 summer where we had the chance to build a squad as strong as the top-tier elite teams like Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona but threw it away. Does not look like the board is allowing that to happen this time.

Any one of Sanchez, Morata, Van Dijk and Bakayoko would be absolutely dream signings. Christensen will be like a new signing for next season. Hazard looks set to stay. Cherry on top would be if Costa stays. At the very least, don't send him to Atletico just so they can turn around and sell Griezzman to United.

Disagreed on Morata, we need to stay as far away from him as possible. 60-70m on someone who has 33 career league goals and is a poor footballer in general, not for me.

Chelsea focus efforts on signing Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku this summer as Alvaro Morata interest fades

Regardless of whether any of these moves pan out and I highly doubt the one for Sanchez wil, the fact that these rumours are even being reported shows that the club has learnt from the mistakes of the 2015 summer where we had the chance to build a squad as strong as the top-tier elite teams like Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona but threw it away. Does not look like the board is allowing that to happen this time.

Any one of Sanchez, Morata, Van Dijk and Bakayoko would be absolutely dream signings. Christensen will be like a new signing for next season. Hazard looks set to stay. Cherry on top would be if Costa stays. At the very least, don't send him to Atletico just so they can turn around and sell Griezzman to United.
Would be good signings but would only improve yours squad not your 11 apart from Sanchez. But would have a good squad if you purchased a couple of those.

Van Dijk's a big improvement on Cahill. Gary looks frightened to receive and carry the ball at times (when I've watched Chelsea), whereas Van Dijk relishes it, which would suit their system. And a better centre half.

Would be good signings but would only improve yours squad not your 11 apart from Sanchez. But would have a good squad if you purchased a couple of those.

Van Dijk and Christensen would improve our 11 as well which is already very good.

If we're going to ***** absolutely huge money on a striker, there are much better choices than Morata.

Not sure on a Christensen he's unproven in the Prem. and I'm not sure spending 40-60m on Dijk after that injury is the best idea.

Generally, players transition well from Bundesliga to EPL. Not sure unproven in EPL is an impediment. Christensen is one of the best young defenders in Europe. If he was not a Chelsea player, clubs would be lining up to get him. Even Messi is unproven in the Prem ;)

Partly agree on van dijk

Generally, players transition well from Bundesliga to EPL. Not sure unproven in EPL is an impediment. Christensen is one of the best young defenders in Europe. If he was not a Chelsea player, clubs would be lining up to get him. Even Messi is unproven in the Prem ;)

Partly agree on van dijk
Still wouldn't say he would improve your starting 11.

Can't really complain, we've had some luck this season and we weren't good enough today. Just need to make it a blip and not a slide.

Lady Luck just wasn't on our side today. From the goals we conceded, to all the missed chances and ungiven penalty. Only saw the first half unfortunately, so I am speaking from that perspective.

Last edited:
Lady Luck just wasn't on our side today. From the goals we conceded, to all the missed chances and ungiven penalty. Only saw the first half unfortunately, so I am speaking from that perspective.

Palace parked it from the get-go, we created even more but couldn't finish. Costa missed a few more sitters and didn't bother getting on the end of some superb balls. Hazard was kind of anonymous in the second half after that magical first half display. Courtois also made a great save and Palace had their chances as well. I've calmed down a bit; all in all it was one of those days so I wouldn't say it's a crisis based on one game. City and Bournemouth are must wins.

Price freeze for all tickets next season lads. Still a bit pricey in all honesty but hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Is it me, or Kante seems a bit out of form? Made a few mistakes these last 2-3 games.

Back