The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
City signing Silva, Mendy and Walker while we'll announce a 17 year old from Gremio and hand Willian an extension, all the while no reliable links to any top player so far. All going quite well.

City signing Silva, Mendy and Walker while we'll announce a 17 year old from Gremio and hand Willian an extension, all the while no reliable links to any top player so far. All going quite well.

While I see where you're coming from, I'd rather we do our business in silence, and when we're done, it's too late for other teams (looking at you Jose :D ) to ****** them from our grasp.

Lmao. Summer has barely started mate. Its going to be hugely important but lets wait a while before starting to get the knickers in a twist.

Lmao. Summer has barely started mate. Its going to be hugely important but lets wait a while before starting to get the knickers in a twist.

What sort of budge do you think you guys will have Alc? Will the new stadium put a strain on things or do you think it will be a typical over 100m window?

What sort of budge do you think you guys will have Alc? Will the new stadium put a strain on things or do you think it will be a typical over 100m window?

Champions League money + New TV Deal + Sale of Oscar means that Conte will have a very healthy budget to work with. Any money he raises from the sale of players will also be his to spend. All journalists are indicating up to £200m worth of signings this summer although that would be considerably lower if Costa stays.

Club seems to have learnt its lesson from the 2015 summer when we only bought Falcao and Begovic after winning the league and paid the price. Can't afford to stand still in this league

Worst half of football I have ever seen under Conte. We look hung over and should be at least 3-0 down. Matic and Moses been absolutely terrible.

Thought Solanke was suppose to be really highly rated. Looked quality when I watched him.

If they spend big on a vet. centre half, you have to wonder if the similar highly touted Christensen will go the same way?

A zillion players out on loan and no clear pathway through the first team. Strange approach.

If they spend big on a vet. centre half, you have to wonder if the similar highly touted Christensen will go the same way?

A zillion players out on loan and no clear pathway through the first team. Strange approach.
It makes them a profit which helps with FFP and gives them money to spend without having to use abramovichs money

He is more than good enough to be ready. Read Chelsea faves for VVD.

And ultimately does little for their own long-term infrastructure.

Strange approach to youth 'development.'
It's the exact same approach as Juventus take you basically don't bother with it and use the money generated from it to buy first team ready players who can help them sooner with a portion of it re-invested into a new batch of youngsters who they will develop a bit loan out and then sell for a profit

I know what they're doing mate. And I find it a strange approach for minimal gain the majority of the time.

I know what they're doing mate. And I find it a strange approach for minimal gain the majority of the time.

It's hard to argue with results, they've been the most successful English team post-Abromovich takeover, alongside uber-rich United anyway, who have stumbled since SAF left

It's hard to argue with results, they've been the most successful English team post-Abromovich takeover, alongside uber-rich United anyway, who have stumbled since SAF left

I mean, if there's a case where you CAN argue with the results, it's Chelsea. Trophy cabinet is certainly full, but do they actually have a winning formula of how to run a successful club? Two of their biggest successes during Roman era were won by interim managers, and out of 5 Premier League titles, 3 times the manager who's won it ended up being fired a year later.

Seriously, you can't tell me this is excellent planning.

Back