The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
We still need another striker. Personally I am hoping that Everton are complete dicks and refuse to budge from their £100m asking price. Would much rather have Morata and think we can beat United to his signing. He really appreciates the faith Conte has always shown in him.

Looks like we have beaten United to Bakayoko. Would be excellent if we end up selling Matic to then as well. Matic is a good player but has just not managed to reach his 14/15 level consistently enough. Bakayoko is younger, coming off a wonderful season and an ideal foil to Kante and Fabregas in a midfield 3.

Looks like we have beaten United to Bakayoko. Would be excellent if we end up selling Matic to then as well. Matic is a good player but has just not managed to reach his 14/15 level consistently enough. Bakayoko is younger, coming off a wonderful season and an ideal foil to Kante and Fabregas in a midfield 3.
Would love it if you sold Matic to us also. Still one of the best defensive blocks in the league. Not that there have been any credible links for Matic to us. But CM options of Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Fellaini, TFM and if we did sign Fabinho and Matic would be terrible for the rest of the league.

Would love it if you sold Matic to us also. Still one of the best defensive blocks in the league. Not that there have been any credible links for Matic to us. But CM options of Pogba, Herrera, Carrick, Fellaini, TFM and if we did sign Fabinho and Matic would be terrible for the rest of the league.

Nope he isn't. He is a very good player but has quite a few bad games and just isn't at his 14/15 level. He was helped a lot by having Kante alongside him. All things considered, would much prefer Bakayoko. Looks like a far more complete player. Reaction from nearly every Chelsea fan sums it up. No one is really unhappy if Matic goes to Utd.

Think its a case of either Fabinho or Matic. No idea why you would buy both.

Nope he isn't. He is a very good player but has quite a few bad games and just isn't at his 14/15 level. He was helped a lot by having Kante alongside him. All things considered, would much prefer Bakayoko. Looks like a far more complete player. Reaction from nearly every Chelsea fan sums it up. No one is really unhappy if Matic goes to Utd.

Think its a case of either Fabinho or Matic. No idea why you would buy both.
Its Fabinho. And glad to defo getting the better CM from Monaco. Think Matic was very good for you guys last season. Maybe underrated now with Kante being there. Think Bakayoko could go either way having watched most of Monaco games.

Last edited:
Its Fabinho. And glad to defo getting the better CM from Monaco. Think Matic was very good for you guys last season. Maybe underrated now with Kante being there. Think Bakayoko could go either way having watched most of Monaco games.

Not even confirmed you are getting hin. A bit hard to see Monaco selling both Bakayoko and Fabinho. Not underrated at all. Matic is a limited player who was good last season but nowhere near 14/15 levels. He has his good games but some truly horrific ones as well like the FA Cup Final. Bakayoko has top potential. No idea why you say he can go either way.

If we buy Bakayoko and sell Matic to you, thats an excellent bit of business as United would essentially buy Bakayoko for us. Also he was one of your top targets before he chose Chelsea.

Not even confirmed you are getting hin. A bit hard to see Monaco selling both Bakayoko and Fabinho. Not underrated at all. Matic is a limited player who was good last season but nowhere near 14/15 levels. He has his good games but some truly horrific ones as well like the FA Cup Final. Bakayoko has top potential. No idea why you say he can go either way.

If we buy Bakayoko and sell Matic to you, thats an excellent bit of business as United would essentially buy Bakayoko for us. Also he was one of your top targets before he chose Chelsea.
Dont think anyone knows if Bakayoko was even our target. Tbh think Bakayoko has a few holes in his game, but does have potential. Bakayoko ain't confirmed yet either unless Chelsea have announced it. I said it's Fabinho because it's been reported by a good journalist that we've bid. Guess time will tell on all points discussed :) just wish the season would come around.

Jeez, you an insider and have all the tomato sauces to know all this information??

Sorry to disappoint you Alc, but why on earth would United want Bakoyoko when we are after Fabinho? Bakoyoko isn't even a midfielder we need, we need a DM like Fabinho.

If it makes you feel happier I'll say well done (if) you sign Bakoyoko, you got him over United.

Then I'll say well done to United for signing Morata (if) he signs, getting him over Chelsea

Of course I'm not even knowing if Chelsea ever really wanted him. But this is how this game works.

I'm intrigued how everyones who our top targets are tbh, especially since no one actually knows our targets are in general (we've been linked to 80 players FFS)

Players we have actually tried for:
Morata
Griezmann
Lukaku
Lindelof
Perisic
Fabinho

Still not convinced we've actually made an approach for Matic tbh

If it makes you feel happier I'll say well done (if) you sign Bakoyoko, you got him over United.

Then I'll say well done to United for signing Morata (if) he signs, getting him over Chelsea

Of course I'm not even knowing if Chelsea ever really wanted him. But this is how this game works.

Not sure where all this is coming from?? All I said was that it would be excellent business getting Bakayoko and selling Matic to Utd. Beating Utd to Bakayoko was not even my original point. Also reliable journos reporting that Utd tried for Bakayoko but his heart was set on Chelsea. No special tomato sauce about it. I am getting my info the same way you are getting yours so no need to be so smug.

Jeez, you an insider and have all the tomato sauces to know all this information??

Sorry to disappoint you Alc, but why on earth would United want Bakoyoko when we are after Fabinho? Bakoyoko isn't even a midfielder we need, we need a DM like Fabinho.

I wonder, are you going to say the same to Mike because he knows or claims to know who Utd tried for? Or because he is posting only positive things about United, then its fine with you while the the rest of us have all the tomato sauces or whatever that is.

Well I for one would be ****** if we sell Matic to United, or anywhere else for that matter. There is a reason he was ahead of Fabregas in the pecking order last season, and that is not because he is an average player. He would only strengthen United, and do we seriously want to do that?

I wonder, are you going to say the same to Mike because he knows or claims to know who Utd tried for? Or because he is posting only positive things about United, then its fine with you while the the rest of us have all the tomato sauces or whatever that is.

They are the only people I can find multiple sources that most would consider credible. And I'm still not sure about Fabinho as there is only one source

They are the only people I can find multiple sources that most would consider credible. And I'm still not sure about Fabinho as there is only one source

I have no problem with that Mike. What I was posting came from credible sources as well. The Matic link is tenuos agreed which is why I said 'I would love it IF it happened' and never implied that their was strong interest from United.

Frustrating to see Betrand Traore being sold to Lyon. Always felt the lad had everything to be a top-class forward. The desire and hunger was terrific as well. Hope we inserted a buy-back clause at the very least because he may well be another one who got away...

Are Chelsea really going to sell Ake for 20mill to Bournmouth?? What a steal at that price. Kid looks a natural in whatever position he plays at.

Are Chelsea really going to sell Ake for 20mill to Bournmouth?? What a steal at that price. Kid looks a natural in whatever position he plays at.

Kid wants to play regularly which we can never guarentee at Chelsea. Still hoping Conte convinces him that he will be given a fair shot to fight for his place and enough games to develop even if he remains as a mere squad member. Nevertheless, I believe we are very firm on inserting a buy-back clause which is fantastic. Not doing so in the Lukaku deal has really haunted the executives it seems ...

Back