The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So Costa is going. I must admit I'm rather surprised. I didn't see Diego leaving this summer after Atletico saw their transfer ban upheld, and the Chinese FA introduced their new foreign player tax. But I can understand why the club and Conte want rid of him.

I'm kind of annoyed with Costa that he made this all public though. It wasn't necessary. It's just put us in a weaker position when it comes to selling him and in the negotiations with Everton for Lukaku.

(Post from January) .... The thing about Chelsea, their stars are spoilt brats. So it's sorta walking on eggshells, trying to keep them happy....

...Don't get me wrong, they're a world class pair in Hazard and Costa, but a tantrum away from a season catastrophe...

I admire Conte for his balls with Costa. Great player, but a temperamental ticking time bomb. Overall, the correct decision for the well-being of the club. Lukaku isn't a big drop off if at all imo

So Costa is going. I must admit I'm rather surprised. I didn't see Diego leaving this summer after Atletico saw their transfer ban upheld, and the Chinese FA introduced their new foreign player tax. But I can understand why the club and Conte want rid of him.

I'm kind of annoyed with Costa that he made this all public though. It wasn't necessary. It's just put us in a weaker position when it comes to selling him and in the negotiations with Everton for Lukaku.

I think Lukaku deal is pretty much done. Conte would not have send that text before being sure of it I think.

With Costa you were already in weak position as he has said that he only wants Atletico return. I think likely scenario for him is now a loan deal until january/next summer and then sell to Atleti.

I think Lukaku deal is pretty much done. Conte would not have send that text before being sure of it I think.

With Costa you were already in weak position as he has said that he only wants Atletico return. I think likely scenario for him is now a loan deal until january/next summer and then sell to Atleti.

Oh no doubt Lukaku is close to being done (I just hope we get him in before Diego leaves). But I can't see us loaning Costa. Chelsea will want to cut ties and sell him. Talks of Milan being interested, which I could see happening. The only problem with them is no CL football.

Oh no doubt Lukaku is close to being done (I just hope we get him in before Diego leaves). But I can't see us loaning Costa. Chelsea will want to cut ties and sell him. Talks of Milan being interested, which I could see happening. The only problem with them is no CL football.

Yeah Milan are interested and according to reports are talking with Mendes about him along with James Rodriguez and Andre Silva. Why I think Milan might sign him on loan is because with Costa there is too much uncertainty and unlike the other players Milan have signed this summer no real resale value as he only wants Athletico and will likely go there next summer latest.

Not the most exciting bit of transfer news but this would be good business...

Chelsea transfer news: ***** Caballero targeted as back-up goalkeeper to Thibaut Courtois | London Evening Standard

Experienced, professional, competent and free. It's a no-brainer.

What a strange rumour about Conte threatening to leave, any you guys worried. Cant see it myself but stranger things have happened I guess

Not that surprising, board has undermined the manager countless times with Mourinho, Di Matteo, Ranieri etc. List goes on and on, for various issues not just on transfers.

Be stupid to let Conte go. But this is Chelsea with the big Russian in charge, anything can happen. Should just let Conte get the players he wants and continue to build.

Wait are we talking about that report which first came from that Mourinho mouthpiece, Duncan Castles? Carry on as per normal boys.

Wait are we talking about that report which first came from that Mourinho mouthpiece, Duncan Castles? Carry on as per normal boys.

But.... speculating is per-normal on here.

Bakayoko, Sandro, Lukaku then one of VVD or Bonucci would be s great window for Chelsea. Shame you will likely lose Costa though, Lukaku is a defo downgrade on him.

Maybe overall play, but he'll return just as many if not more goals, which is what strikers are paid to do I suppose.

That would be an insane window for them, you'd be talking near £250mil. Roman been a little stingy by his own standards in recent years, he's due a mega window. Bound to have learned a few years ago that standing still after a title triumph gets you nowhere (the way things are now)

Maybe overall play, but he'll return just as many if not more goals, which is what strikers are paid to do I suppose.

That would be an insane window for them, you'd be talking near £250mil. Roman been a little stingy by his own standards in recent years, he's due a mega window. Bound to have learned a few years ago that standing still after a title triumph gets you nowhere (the way things are now)
Yeah was thinking the same RE Lukaku and Rom. Lukaku will bag a hat load and even if he does his usual big game hide and seek, they still have Hazard. Defo looks like Rom gonna back Conte fully this window. Can see at least 3 teams spending 200m

Back