The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
At the end of the day, RM don't really need to sell Morata. Arsenal & United signed two of the few available top strikers out there, if Morata suddenly has a U-turn, after telling Costa he's surplus to requirements by text, this could be a messy window for the champions.

May even be forced to resort to the likes of Llorente etc.

RM don't need to sell Morata but he is desperate to leave. If anyone meets RM's asking price, he will leave.

Negotiating for months and caught with our pants down in the end so we make a futile bid in the end to make sure Conte doesn't walk out over incompetency. Marina has needed sacking for years now.

Absolutely ridiculous post

Can't help but feel Morata's heart was firmly set on OT, word has it he's upset how it's all turned out.. but I'm sure he'd be happy to team up with Conte if Chelsea strike an agreement with RM.

there is an underlying problem at chelsea they just dont seem to want to pay the big fees which is shocking for chelsea it was the same problem when mourinho was there i dunno if anyone remembers the season of chelseas downfall when jose was going mad at the lack of activity and he had players forced on him which he didnt want

Can't help but feel Morata's heart was firmly set on OT, word has it he's upset how it's all turned out.. but I'm sure he'd be happy to team up with Conte if Chelsea strike an agreement with RM.
Yeah. But think he will cost more now than what we were going to pay. Especially knowing Chelsea situation.

If you read all his interviews, he is desperate to reunite with Conte except that only United and Milan showed serious interest in him this summer.

there is an underlying problem at chelsea they just dont seem to want to pay the big fees which is shocking for chelsea it was the same problem when mourinho was there i dunno if anyone remembers the season of chelseas downfall when jose was going mad at the lack of activity and he had players forced on him which he didnt want

We are willing to pay big fees when its worth it. Everton were demanding £100m for Lukaku which is a ridiculous sum. United are willing to pay £90m and have the Rooney trump card so it works for them. We don't have Rooney and neither are we willing to pay so much to Raiola. Both factors pivotal in the transfer.

Btw which players were forced onto Jose in his second reign?

Yeah. But think he will cost more now than what we were going to pay. Especially knowing Chelsea situation.

Doubt it. Morata is desperate to leave and Perez is running short of suitors for him. As long as Chelsea are willing to pay the price, the deal will be done.

Doubt it. Morata is desperate to leave and Perez is running short of suitors for him. As long as Chelsea are willing to pay the price, the deal will be done.
Yeah if Chelsea pay the price and I'm betting its more than what we was gonna pay. Morata being desperate to leave makes no difference. Zidane and Perez will be more than happy to see him stay. Will see I guess.

We are willing to pay big fees when its worth it. Everton were demanding £100m for Lukaku which is a ridiculous sum. United are willing to pay £90m and have the Rooney trump card so it works for them. We don't have Rooney and neither are we willing to pay so much to Raiola. Both factors pivotal in the transfer.

Btw which players were forced onto Jose in his second reign?

cuardardo was one of them + others do you not remember jose being angry in the transfer window when your board wouldnt back him to buy pogba i remember it alot

cuardardo was one of them + others do you not remember jose being angry in the transfer window when your board wouldnt back him to buy pogba i remember it alot

Cuadrado was his own choice and signed in January '15. We did bid for Pogba that summer but he rejected us iirc. Other than that yeah pretty dreadful window chasing Stones for months and having no Plan B either.

Yes he was angry but no players were forced onto him. No idea where you got that from.

Do you think Marina should be retained?

She is one of the best executives in football. Too much is being made of the Lukaku transfer because the papers are all potraying this as some great hijacking by United when the reality is far different. Marina refused to pay £100m for Lukaku. United worked around that because they could offer Rooney who is a player Everton desperately wanted for whatever reason.

She is one of the best executives in football. Too much is being made of the Lukaku transfer because the papers are all potraying this as some great hijacking by United when the reality is far different. Marina refused to pay £100m for Lukaku. United worked around that because they could offer Rooney who is a player Everton desperately wanted for whatever reason.

The best executives don't go and waste months negotiating/bidding for players and end up empty handed with a Djilobodji arriving on deadline day.

i just get the idea they where as hardly any of those signings got a look in and he seemed determined not to play them ... on another note conte taking over was a masterstrike when fergie retired i wanted him to take the hotseat his work at juventus is very under rated the team they have today is because of his work while chelsea was writtten off with mourinho & pep i always had the feeling he could pull a shocker

Yeah if Chelsea pay the price and I'm betting its more than what we was gonna pay. Morata being desperate to leave makes no difference. Zidane and Perez will be more than happy to see him stay. Will see I guess.

Why would the price increase? Madrid need money to sign Mbappe and Chelsea are the only viable suitors for Morata atm so they have minimal leverage in the situation. Morata being desperate to leave does make a huge difference because it contributes to Madrid's lack of leverage.

The best executives don't go and waste months negotiating/bidding for players and end up empty handed with a Djilobodji arriving on deadline day.

Not sure what you are going on about now ... The 14/15 summer was terrible and I have always mainted that as well. Does not mean Marina should be sacked. The fault for that does not lie on her shoulders alone. This summer is going excellently well so far. Bakayoko and Rudiger pretty much sealed. Sandro is a very real possibility. If she spent £100m on Lukaku and got him, people would go ballistic at the fee. Since she refused to do that and let United get him, peope are going ballistic at her. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

Also for all of United's big money signings, we have won the league 2 out of 3 seasons by mostly relying on smart transfers that did not cost a lot of money and players like Rudiger and Bakayoko fit the mould perfectly. Get a grip.

Why would the price increase? Madrid need money to sign Mbappe and Chelsea are the only viable suitors for Morata atm so they have minimal leverage in the situation. Morata being desperate to leave does make a huge difference because it contributes to Madrid's lack of leverage.

not by the quotes from perez saying morata and his dad dont decide when he leaves they decide i think they will hold him against his will and keep him unless its a ridiculous over the top fee

Back