The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
If Zouma leaves can see you needing another CB. Also seen yesterday about Chritiansen going on long again also.

Christensen will attend pre-season and be assessed by Conte. Then a decision will be made. Anything else is just paper talk. Yes Chelsea still exploring other CB options, all depends on what Conte decides to do with Zouma and Christensen.

For me, Christensen is well capable of playing a big role next season.

Christensen will attend pre-season and be assessed by Conte. Then a decision will be made. Anything else is just paper talk. Yes Chelsea still exploring other CB options, all depends on what Conte decides to do with Zouma and Christensen.

For me, Christensen is well capable of playing a big role next season.
Think both will end up on loan. Even though I think the same as you on Christensen. Zouma needs to prove himself and get some regular footy.

Ruidger can play across a back three. Comfortable on the ball and great physical attributes. Also does not preclude the addition of another CB. Seems like an Alonso type signing. Not the flashiest name out there and flies under the radar a bit but has done well in a top league with a big team. Now he has finally gotten a bigger platform to really shine. Expecting a huge season from him.

not to mention in this crazy market where a certain saints defender is being touted for 60+m represents a bit of coup.

I still don't. Not for 100 million. My best case scenario is Costa stays and Batshuayi is given more playing time.

How can that scenario even be expected to happen considering how badly Conte has handled the situation with Costa? He's a goner no matter what now and he deserves it.

You're in a situation where you need to buy a striker, no matter how you look at it.

29 is great price for him, can play anywhere across the 3 allowing for a switch up anytime in the game to a 4 (unlikely but options), wont be anywhere exposed in a 3 either. Conte could easy coach him to be much better than he is. Easy chance to take on 30mil in this market.

Yep good price same for Linderlöf. Can't believe VVD could go for 60-70m when he's no better than the said 2.
I had forgot about that guy too, yep agreed. even if somwone was to argue he was better certainly not 30-40m pounds better could have had the pair for that haha

How can that scenario even be expected to happen considering how badly Conte has handled the situation with Costa? He's a goner no matter what now and he deserves it.

You're in a situation where you need to buy a striker, no matter how you look at it.

Worse things happened in football between managers and players, and they still managed to get along in the end. It's not the end of the world, and it's certainly not irreparable. Costa will probably leave, but it's not a certainty.

You can't treat any situation with Costa like you would with a normal player. The man is extremely tempermental. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up staying.

I really hope Chelsea aren't interested in this: https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/885059580685934592

Speaking personally, Lukaku wouldn't have bothered me had they bagged him. Just don't see how he'd of fit under Conte. (The same way I don't see how he does under Mourinho or how he improves Utd to any significant degree.). Moratta I wouldn't have liked being as he's a far better footballer (not goalscorer) and fit than the Belgium IMHO. Although that would have been less worrying as, right now, his goals output would have been a drop from Costa and they hardly spread them around. Similar to how I feel on Arsenal and Lacazette. On the face of it looks a great fit and he's a real good footballer. And his goals output has been ridiculous the past three years. But that's always tinged with it happening in the lesser French league and how he'll adapt to the step up in every respect over here. But Aubamayang would be a sickener for everyone not a Chelsea fan. By far and away the best seemingly available striker this summer for me who's just getting better and better. And he's just about to enter his prime.

I currently have Chelsea slipping back into the pack up the top but adding him would be a complete game changer again.

For the sake of the rest of the league, I hope there's little interest from Chelsea.

I really hope Chelsea aren't interested in this: https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/885059580685934592

For the sake of the rest of the league, I hope there's little interest from Chelsea.

Multiple sources from the UK and abroad are claiming Chelsea made an offer today.

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I am aware of the fact that last season he was among the top 3 strikers in the world, in my opinion, but the sums being thrown around for players this summer is absolutely batshit crazy. He would cost about 1/5 (more or less) of the stadium Chelsea is building. How crazy is that.

It's not my money, but with age, you start thinking more like Football Manager and less like FIFA, it that makes any sense :D

About time Ruben has headed out on loan to hopefully get some regular game time! Ruben is three months older than Dele Alli and has gone on to make 32 senior appearances in his career so far compared to Alli's 184! Alli has just shown everyone what young English talent can produce when given a proper chance!!

Chalobah and Ake both sold, seems a real shame as given a chance I'm convinced either of them could have turned into first team players at Chelsea. In two or three years they'll probably be moving to a bigger club for double the fee

Personally, I have always found it ridiculous that Chelsea are willing to sell players to rival clubs when clubs such as United vehemently refuse to do so regardless of who the player is and what he wants. It looks like that is finally changing in regards to Matic. Happy if thats the case.

Back