The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Why would the price increase? Madrid need money to sign Mbappe and Chelsea are the only viable suitors for Morata atm so they have minimal leverage in the situation. Morata being desperate to leave does make a huge difference because it contributes to Madrid's lack of leverage.

Madrid don't need the money. Perez said in an interview that if Zidane wants Mbappé he needs to tell who has to leave to make space for him and papers have turned that to mean that Madrid need money to fund the deal. They are pretty well off and can make the deal without selling.

i just get the idea they where as hardly any of those signings got a look in and he seemed determined not to play them ... on another note conte taking over was a masterstrike when fergie retired i wanted him to take the hotseat his work at juventus is very under rated the team they have today is because of his work while chelsea was writtten off with mourinho & pep i always had the feeling he could pull a shocker

Again, which signings are you referring to?

not by the quotes from perez saying morata and his dad dont decide when he leaves they decide i think they will hold him against his will and keep him unless its a ridiculous over the top fee

Nothing more than a negotiatig stance. Madrid are not known to hold players against their will if they want to leave and a good offer arrives.

Madrid don't need the money. Perez said in an interview that if Zidane wants Mbappé he needs to tell who has to leave to make space for him and papers have turned that to mean that Madrid need money to fund the deal. They are pretty well off and can make the deal without selling.

Regardless, they need to sell for money or to make space in the squad before they can sign Mbappe.

Not sure what you are going on about now ... The 14/15 summer was terrible and I have always mainted that as well. Does not mean Marina should be sacked. The fault for that does not lie on her shoulders alone. This summer is going excellently well so far. Bakayoko and Rudiger pretty much sealed. Sandro is a very real possibility. If she spent £100m on Lukaku and got him, people would go ballistic at the fee. Since she refused to do that and let United get him, peope are going ballistic at her. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

Also for all of United's big money signings, we have won the league 2 out of 3 seasons by mostly relying on smart transfers that did not cost a lot of money and players like Rudiger and Bakayoko fit the mould perfectly. Get a grip.

We won the title based on Conte's tactical prowess. Bakayoko and Rudiger have been having their medical for weeks now, Alex Sandro is progressing very slowly and there's a real chance he extends with Juve instead. Rudiger isn't even better than literally any of our CB's anyway lmao. She literally only acted on Lukaku once United bid for them. Sanchez was there but we only made an inquiry while City have now possibly wrapped him up. Earlier there was a lot of talk about how we aren't announcing deals because of the Nike deal and should wait for July 1. All we got was a ***** Caballero announcement with no effort put in it either. Are you really going to defend all this incompetency?

We won the title based on Conte's tactical prowess. Bakayoko and Rudiger have been having their medical for weeks now, Alex Sandro is progressing very slowly and there's a real chance he extends with Juve instead. Rudiger isn't even better than literally any of our CB's anyway lmao. She literally only acted on Lukaku once United bid for them. Sanchez was there but we only made an inquiry while City have now possibly wrapped him up. Earlier there was a lot of talk about how we aren't announcing deals because of the Nike deal and should wait for July 1. All we got was a ***** Caballero announcement with no effort put in it either. Are you really going to defend all this incompetency?

So no credit to the executive team? When the league is won, all credit to the manager. When we finish 10th, **** Emeleano and Marina. If you remember correctly, she was instrumental in signing the likes of Kante, Fabregas, Costa, Hazard, Luiz and Alonso who were all instrumental in our title winning campaing (s). She secured the likes of Azpi ans Hazard to long-term contracts as well and ensured that no one left even when we finished 10th. I guess the credit for that goes to Conte and Mourinho only as well?

You need to understand that tranfers are complex involving multiple parties and not as simple as buying milk at the grocery store. Bakayoko and Rudiger deals have taken time to announce but they are essentially done. Rudiger is an excellent signing who will progress and become a very good defender. Sandro indeed might extend with Juventus but thats the nature of trying to get a world class player from an elite club. They are very difficult to sign.

As I said, get a grip. If your criteria for a good executive is simply paying any money to sign players without caring about a clubs finances or future plans then might as well appoint yourself. Seriously can't believe the OTT reaction on here simply because Chelsea refused to pay £100m for Lukaku which is a player most fans did not even want a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Chelsea made a motley crew of signings last summer... so what happened next?* | Daily Mail Online

this article explains it best begovic & pedro really the only players you'd consider mourinho kind of players even then pedro isnt what i would class a mourinho signing especially with willian being a big performer for him

Many of the names on here were not even signed for the first team squad so how does it matter if Mourinho wanted them or not? He probably woudln't even have been consulted since thats not his remit.

So no credit to the executive team? When the league is won, all credit to the manager. When we finish 10th, **** Emeleano and Marina. If you remember correctly, she was instrumental in signing the likes of Kante, Fabregas, Costa, Hazard, Luiz and Alonso who were all instrumental in our title winning campaing (s). She secured the likes of Azpi ans Hazard to long-term contracts as well and ensured that no one left even when we finished 10th. I guess the credit for that goes to Conte and Mourinho only as well?

You need to understand that tranfers are complex involving multiple parties and not as simple as buying milk at the grocery store. Bakayoko and Rudiger deals have taken time to announce but they are essentially done. Rudiger is an excellent signing who will progress and become a very good defender. Sandro indeed might extend with Juventus but thats the nature of trying to get a world class player from an elite club. They are very difficult to sign.

As I said, get a grip. If your criteria for a good executive is simply paying any money to sign players without caring about a clubs finances or future plans then might as well appoint yourself. Seriously can't believe the OTT reaction on here simply because Chelsea refused to pay £100m for Lukaku which is a player most fans did not even want a few weeks ago.

Hazard and Courtois still haven't been tied up to extensions at this moment by the way when that should've been done a while ago. Conte arriving and selling his project was what convinced Kante, who's to say the same didn't do it for Hazard and co to stop them from leaving? And even if not, I remember he himself said he didn't want to leave after such a disastrous season. Luiz and Alonso WERE panic buys. I repeat, it was because of Conte's tactical prowess he got the best out of them and we won the league with a massive 93 points. With a team that finished 10th. 14/15 summer was good, but it's easy to see she's been sloppy ever since. We used to tap up Ashley Cole. Negotiations with Monaco are going at an extremely low rate, just compare to how quickly United got Lukaku? And we even damaged our relationship with Everton ourselves when we kept adding 5m to bids below their valuation for Stones. We jet off for preseason in 10 days and the only arrival so far is a backup GK. Mourinho wanted his new striker in before preseason training and he got him, Chelsea slacking.

Also plenty of journalists saying Conte's been annoyed with our approach in the window so far, but everything's rosy eh?

Also plenty of journalists saying Conte's been annoyed with our approach in the window so far, but everything's rosy eh?
Doesn't sound good on the Sandro deal anyway. With Juve rejecting your bid. And saying they won't sell unless he asks to leave. Can't see him doing that.

Doesn't sound good on the Sandro deal anyway. With Juve rejecting your bid. And saying they won't sell unless he asks to leave. Can't see him doing that.

Yeah it's been dragging on for far too long and reminds me of the Nainggolan saga last summer in a way.

Juve did not reject the bid. They are happy to accept the offer if Sandro wants to go to Chelsea.

Hazard and Courtois still haven't been tied up to extensions at this moment by the way when that should've been done a while ago. Conte arriving and selling his project was what convinced Kante, who's to say the same didn't do it for Hazard and co to stop them from leaving? And even if not, I remember he himself said he didn't want to leave after such a disastrous season. Luiz and Alonso WERE panic buys. I repeat, it was because of Conte's tactical prowess he got the best out of them and we won the league with a massive 93 points. With a team that finished 10th. 14/15 summer was good, but it's easy to see she's been sloppy ever since. We used to tap up Ashley Cole. Negotiations with Monaco are going at an extremely low rate, just compare to how quickly United got Lukaku? And we even damaged our relationship with Everton ourselves when we kept adding 5m to bids below their valuation for Stones. We jet off for preseason in 10 days and the only arrival so far is a backup GK. Mourinho wanted his new striker in before preseason training and he got him, Chelsea slacking.

1. I was referring to Hazard's previous extendion

2. You cannot attribute a signing solely to the manager. Yes Conte played a part in convincing Kante but Marina and the executives get the deals over the line. The club functions as a unit and share credit and failure equally between them. Also I like you how you conveniently ignore most of the other player names I mentioned.

3. So now you are just speculating that Conte was the one who stopped Hazard and co. from leaving. Why can't you accept that the manager and executives function as a unit instead of intepreting events in a way that suits you?

4. Yes Alonso and Luiz came in at the end of the window but what else do you suggest we should have done? Napoli were rejecting massive offers for Koilibaly. Clubs were outright refusing to sell us all other targets such as Rudiger or Marquinhos. Again why ignore all the other player names I have mentioned? Are you going to give credit for the purchases of Costa, Fabregas and Hazard etc. or what that down to Di Matteo/Mourinho?

5. We used to tap up Ashley Cole? So what are you suggesting? We go around tapping up players blatantly like Liverpool and **** other clubs off?

6. Negotiations with Monaco are done! Yes they progressed slowly because thats what happens when you want good deals for the club. Anyone can run a major football club in your world where the only criteria is to pay silly money to get a player. So again, are you suggesting she should have paid £100m for Lukaku like United have done to get the player quickly?

This is getting real tiresome. You are conveniently ignoring parts of my argument that do not suit you and jumping from one tangent to another. I really fail to see what is getting you so worked up. We really have not put a foot wrong this window which has just started mind. If you are suggesting that we should have just paid £100m to get Lukaku then I completely disagree and do not that classify that as a mistake.

And there was a report last week saying Mourinho was annoyed. Good thing managers do not have complete autonomy over transfers because Chelsea would be bankrupt by now if Conte had his way.

I do not care who United buys. The strategy of this club last few years has been in getting value for money in all their deals. Azpi, Hazard, Moses, Costa, Fabregas, Pedro, Kante, Alonso and countless others all bear testament to that and have been instrumental in winning trophies for us. 2 league titles in the last three seasons. Club is set on a path to a sustainable future. Rudiger and Bakayoko deals fit the same mould and are done. Window has barely even begun anyways. If you are going to be ****** off that we did not spend £100m to get Lukaku thats your choice.

Papers playing this up as some sensationalist 'swoop' by United over Lukaku under Chelsea's noses and everyone falling over themselves in panic. Last week most chelsea fans did not even want Lukaku at the club. Christ Almighty ...

Papers playing this up as some sensationalist 'swoop' by United over Lukaku under Chelsea's noses and everyone falling over themselves in panic. Last week most chelsea fans did not even want Lukaku at the club. Christ Almighty ...

I still don't. Not for 100 million. My best case scenario is Costa stays and Batshuayi is given more playing time.

United bid.
Chelsea bid.
United bid more... done deal.

Either could have jumped the gun weeks ago, if he was 1st choice on the list, both we're exploring other transfers and options, in diff areas as well, prob knowing Everton/Lukaku would accept the move at any point down the line.

Hardly cloak and dagger stuff on this one.

"We got an email back on thingy yet???"
"No, but they read it"
"**** it, get me Everton on the phone"

Ruidger can play across a back three. Comfortable on the ball and great physical attributes. Also does not preclude the addition of another CB. Seems like an Alonso type signing. Not the flashiest name out there and flies under the radar a bit but has done well in a top league with a big team. Now he has finally gotten a bigger platform to really shine. Expecting a huge season from him.

If Zouma leaves can see you needing another CB. Also seen yesterday about Chritiansen going on long again also.

Back