The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Can't argue with that. (Although I'm sure this will lead to a lot of Utd/ Madriid being anti-Utd hate.).

Heck of a coup indeed.

A signing that lifts the mood around the entire club. Seems like I will be the priviliged few to watch Morata in a Chelsea shirt for the first time right here in Singapore along with Rudiger. Absolutely cannot wait.

Yeah, Chelsea dropped lucky with what was probably an injury discount on the fee on Rudiger with his knees. But all in all that's three excellent additions. And by default, keeping Matic away from the PL if he has to leave is another very shrewd move.

Yeah, Chelsea dropped lucky with what was probably an injury discount on the fee on Rudiger with his knees. But all in all that's three excellent additions. And by default, keeping Matic away from the PL if he has to leave is another very shrewd move.

Have never really understood why we are so open to selling to rival clubs in any case.

Good signing. Wont score as much as Lukaku but the forwards linkup/teamplay will be miles better.

I like Chelsea better than United, therefore I'm glad you guys got Morata and them Lukaku rather than vice versa :P Morata seems like the more complete player to me

The only segment Lukaku is better than Morata is that imaginary "Premiership proven". **** that. Oh well.

The only segment Lukaku is better than Morata is that imaginary "Premiership proven". **** that. Oh well.

I know it's the way football works... but everyone is grossly overrating Morata in this thread and underrating Lukaku.

When has Morata ever scored 26 goals in a season like Lukaku done with Everton?

He hasn't ever been a no.1 striker, this is a whole new challenge for Morata, one that he'll most likely adapt to, but with Lukaku the gamble is less, it's obvious because well.. he knows the league and the country etc.

Yes I know it's vise versa in United thread, that we all hype Lukaku.

I know it's the way football works... but everyone is grossly overrating Morata in this thread and underrating Lukaku.

He hasn't ever been a no.1 striker, this is a whole new challenge for Morata, one that he'll most likely adapt to, but with Lukaku the gamble is less, it's obvious because well.. he knows the league and the country etc.

moratas link up play and all round game is better imo than lukaku.However,i dont see morata being as big a goal threat as lukaku who will score a bucket load for utd i have no doubt.i predict(yes im biased)that lukaku will score 10 more than morata in all competitions and of course having been in the PL for a number of years is an advantage

Scoring goals is scoring goals, for me the biggest challenge facing Morata will be how doe he adapt to be "the man".

moratas link up play and all round game is better imo than lukaku.However,i dont see morata being as big a goal threat as lukaku who will score a bucket load for utd i have no doubt.i predict(yes im biased)that lukaku will score 10 more than morata in all competitions and of course having been in the PL for a number of years is an advantage

Fair opinion but I still think Lukaku is underrated when it comes to link up and teamplay. Sure he's not the best in the business but there is a reason why both Mourinho and Conte wanted him as their main man.

I think Morata will do well, but might struggle with the sudden expectation and it's a big ask for him to replace Costa.

Depends how highly one rates those two. No doubt Lukaku is a great striker, I just like Morata better and I think he has some qualities over Lukaku that United could use. I'm happy with Lukaku, but I would prefer Morata.

Fair opinion but I still think Lukaku is underrated when it comes to link up and teamplay. Sure he's not the best in the business but there is a reason why both Mourinho and Conte wanted him as their main man.

I think Morata will do well, but might struggle with the sudden expectation and it's a big ask for him to replace Costa.

I am not 100% convinced that Lukaku was Conte's main choice. Interest in him always seemed more like it was driven by Emenalo and many journalists concur that Morata was Conte's top choice.

I am not 100% convinced that Lukaku was Conte's main choice. Interest in him always seemed more like it was driven by Emenalo and many journalists concur that Morata was Conte's top choice.

It all adds up though to say Lukaku was... you scramble with a last minute matched bid to try and get him. Then when you miss out suddenly you get Morata... it just sounds like you were too slow with the first target (unwilling to pay whatever you make of it) then scrambled to get Morata as the backup.

Personally I don't even see who else there even could of been other than those two, Belotti with his insane release clause but that's about it.

It all adds up though to say Lukaku was... you scramble with a last minute matched bid to try and get him. Then when you miss out suddenly you get Morata... it just sounds like you were too slow with the first target (unwilling to pay whatever you make of it) then scrambled to get Morata as the backup.

Personally I don't even see who else there even could of been other than those two, Belotti with his insane release clause but that's about it.

IF, as it appears, Lukaku was indeed Chelsea's top want they've ended up with their second choice and the one Utd wanted most.

Whilst Utd have their second choice (or third if we say Greizmanns a striker) and the one they wanted most is at Chelsea.

Interesting how that all worked out. From an opposition fan POV, Chelsea's done the better out of the two to worry you.

You could be right, but I like to think that the people in charge finally realised that splashing out huge sums of money on every big name is not viable. Those days seem to be over at Stamford Bridge. Everton's price for Lukaku for me is a bit over the top. You could argue that Morata is one of these types of signings, but options were limited, and he was the best option out of the remaining. I'd rather have Morata at 58M (could rise), than end up with a sulking Costa in the team.

IF, as it appears, Lukaku was indeed Chelsea's top want they've ended up with their second choice and the one Utd wanted most.

Whilst Utd have their second choice (or third if we say Greizmanns a striker) and the one they wanted most is at Chelsea.

Interesting how that all worked out. From an opposition fan POV, Chelsea's done the better out of the two to worry you.
Hey what. Lukaku was our first choice, he admitted himself on MUTV we had been in talks for months. Mourinho admitted our interest in Moratta but it sounded like he was a back up option if Lukaku went to Chelsea. As soon as we got a wif that Chelsea were dragging there feet and we could do a deal with Everton, while discussing Rooney we sealed it and told Madrid to do one.

Personally think both are fantastic young STRs with pro and cons. I'm certain both will score goals. Might just take Moratta a bit of time to adapt. Gonna be ***** till season starts though Lukaku vs Morata **** has already started.

Lukaku was the clubs main choice. Might not have been Conte's personal first choice. Interest in Lukaku at Chelse was always driven by Emenalo. Thats not to say Conte does not like Lukaku. He just likes Morata more. And I am extremely glad that things have worked out this way.

Back