The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Wrong thread but it's on my mind and related .....

..... I wonder when (presuming L'pool sign him) van Dijk will be ready to play being as he's not played and barely trained since January? Klopp's shown he'll hold anyone back until he feel's they're fit enough for what's required to start with before the 7 months of pretty much nothing.

I 'spose he's a centre half like which lessons it slightly but still I'd venture he'd be a few months before he was playing the PL.

If he signs for Chelsea then he will be brought back slowly, get him ready for the crunch point of the European group stage

Liverpool would want him back before then tbh. It's gonna be a while. The big issue isnt necessarily fitness, but fitting into the system. Liverpool especially want him to be the 1st defender,so its harder for him to lead the line while coming to fitness and learning to fit with his squad mates

Apart from Chelsea never being on his agenda, I'd make you right. It's gonna' be a slow process on the face of it as quickly as you'd like to get him out there.

So long as Matip and Lovren stay fit it's not as pressing an issue. But to press they've both been as injury prone as anything.

Still won't stop the reactionary fans from going off on one like when all that money isn't on the park. Social media. Sighs.

Conte's got his work cut out, they do say the second season is a true test of your managerial ability so lets see how he does.

European football to contend with and a seemingly more fragile squad with players he needs to get fit in time for the start of PL season such as Morata.

Apart from Chelsea never being on his agenda, I'd make you right. It's gonna' be a slow process on the face of it as quickly as you'd like to get him out there.

So long as Matip and Lovren stay fit it's not as pressing an issue. But to press they've both been as injury prone as anything.

Still won't stop the reactionary fans from going off on one like when all that money isn't on the park. Social media. Sighs.

Liverpool is his preference, but he will be happy playing for any major European club. And I can see Saints not selling to Liverpool

Liverpool is his preference, but he will be happy playing for any major European club. And I can see Saints not selling to Liverpool

I could see Southampton not wanting to sell to Liverpool either. But if they do they'll be cutting their nose off to spite their face because he's not signing anywhere else. I'm not sure on much that happens in this mad game but I'm sure as I've ever been that van Dijk will not sign anywhere but Anfield. They could agree with City, Chelsea whomever. The player would stop the deal.

If Southampton want to keep an unhappy veteran leader, as they start out under a new regime, more fool them. It's a heck of a gamble on his 'professionalism' this year. And if they don't get, his fee plumits and they've done themselves out of a ridiculous profit.

Last edited:
I could see Southampton not wanting to sell to Liverpool either. But if they do they'll be cutting their nose off to spite their face because he's not signing anywhere else. I'm not sure on much that happens in this mad game but I'm sure as I've ever been that van Dijk will not sign anywhere but Anfield. They could agree with City, Chelsea whomever. The player would stop the deal.

If Southampton want to keep an unhappy veteran leader, as they start out under a new regime, more fool them. It's a heck of a gamble on his 'professionalism' this year. And if they don't get, his fee plumits and they've done themselves out of a ridiculous profit.

Saints are pretty cash rich though and the way the market is they wont lose that much. If I am not mistaken he is on a long contract too (2022?).

His preference may well be Liverpool but would not rule out other teams because ultimately money talks. Given how unprofessional Van Dijk has been his word is not his bond one bit so to claim that he wont go elsewhere is daft. If he wants out like Mike says any team in Europe will do paying him 100k plus a week, or sit on the bench at saints not a hard choice

I'd bet easy money he'd move to a major CL side

You'll be waiting for a summer at least for that but fill your boots. Where the analogy comes in when Phil hasn't once said he wanted out as opposed to the other two I don't know but that's your bag.

What have they done wrong again outside of overstepping the mark and flaunting it to Southampton before a bid was even in? Southampton wasn't arsed about the tapping up. That just is what it is. Rightly or wrongly, acceptable practice. And at that there wasn't enough for the FA to punish them. It was L'pool taking the **** and overstepping that accepted line that rightly narked them the **** off or he'd be at Anfield now.

Leipzig? If you honestly think they've not had clear indication from within that club that Keita had a price for them to bid twice to press then you must think they're naive beyond the extreme. Which I'd say anyone thinking that would themselves be.

*Edit* That's presuming there have even been 2 bids. There's been that much misinformation, not least from RBL, over this that you could find anyone saying they've bid anywhere from 2- 4 times.

Last edited:
You'll be waiting for a summer at least for that but fill your boots. Where the analogy comes in when Phil hasn't once said he wanted out as opposed to the other two I don't know but that's your bag.

What have they done wrong again outside of overstepping the mark and flaunting it to Southampton before a bid was even in? Southampton wasn't arsed about the tapping up. That just is what it is. Rightly or wrongly, acceptable practice. And at that there wasn't enough for the FA to punish them.

Leipzig? If you honestly think they've not had clear indication from within that club that Keita had a price for them to bid twice to press then you must think they're naive beyond the extreme. Which I'd say anyone thinking that would themselves be.

The message from RBL all summer has been he is not for sale and will be part of their team, not sure how clearer they can make it. Saints was quite clearly arsed as they made a complaint to the premier league. Which Liverpool had to make a grovelling apology over.

As for Coutinho you are deluded if you think he doesn't want to go. Rumours gathering pace every day that he has asked to leave or do you choose not to believe them because it suits your narrative?

See this is one of them times when you go in other threads "there is no changing your mind because you believe x, y or z - so have at it"

You seem to think that football logic doesn't apply to Liverpool everything in football barring 0.01% is about money, money talks Liverpool included. You telling me Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus et al tip up and pay the fee saints want he won't go? do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Like I say this is one of those times so to use your words scouse " have at it" because I am out of base for the day

If you think L'pool's 'apology' wasn't written by Southampton add that to the naivety.

Uhmmm, have you listened to Coutinho speaking on this himself? Recently. From the German camp. Reiterating he's more than happy at Anfield and has had zero contact with Barcelona?

Or are you just going off the twitter B/S to suit your narrative?

And I don't give a flying F how ridiculous you think it sounds. I know I wouldn't of said in the Utd thread to RhQQ the day the season ended that van Dijk was L'pool bound as soon as the CL qualification was secured as they had that assurance from him he wanted to play for Klopp and nobody else if I didn't wholeheartedly trust where and who that info came from. And nottin's changed to date on that. Believe that or not. No biggie to me. But you're WELL off base if you think he's got any interest in signing elsewhere. It's not Southampton per se he wants out of. It's the club he's sold on playing for driving him.

That's not something I'm going to throw about lightly.

*Edit* And again, I have zero doubt Phil will end up in Barcelona in a year or two's time. There's no way of stopping that whoever you are. It's just part of a top South American's career plan. But that ain't happening this summer no matter how much money they may throw L'pool's way. The club and the player aren't interested.

Last edited:
I'll happily take that. With respect your dead wrong on this. Liverpool would be long gone from this deal if that was ever an option.

Not wrong on this at all. If Liverpool get taken out the equation and someone moves in for him, he'll go

Conte looked unhappy for couple weeks now. Something clearly bothering him.
Been hearing different things; he didn't want to sell Matic to United, that he's not happy with the club not securing his targets, and generally unhappy with the club undermining his decisions.

Roman not the easiest man to work for, to say the very LEAST.

Back