The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Out of interest, did Chelsea tinker around with other shapes/systems in pre-season?

So Conte has called Matic a top player and a huge loss. He was an importantl player for him

So why in gods name was he sold to a rival?! Sounds like it wasn't Conte's call

His 30th birthday is coming sooner than later... And we all know Chelsea's policy about older players.

Yeah, but 40-something mill offer for player that age don't come every day

So Conte has called Matic a top player and a huge loss. He was an importantl player for him

So why in gods name was he sold to a rival?! Sounds like it wasn't Conte's call

1) He demanded to leave. Club never wanted to sell him.

2) He really wanted to go to United. Abramovich gave him his wish to thank him for the two titles he helped Chelsea win. I think thats being way too benevolent especially as United will never return the favour but there is something to admire about a club that treat its former players this way. Did the same with Cech by letting him go to Arsenal.

Don't see why people are so negative on signing Drinkwater. Homegrown. 4th choice CM at best. Old enough not to block a potential return for Chalobah or RLC. Will be cheap as well. Ideal signing tbh.

Just one game boys, hold your horses.
I'd call it the Gary Cahill manual of how to start every f***king season.

Just one game boys, hold your horses.
I'd call it the Gary Cahill manual of how to start every f***king season.

Very true, although it's scary how thin your squad is. Looking at that bench.. it's literally nothing apart from Morata of note.

You need a few signings badly, can't believe you let Matic go and leave Conte with this in prep for a new season.

Very true, although it's scary how thin your squad is. Looking at that bench.. it's literally nothing apart from Morata of note.

You need a few signings badly, can't believe you let Matic go and leave Conte with this in prep for a new season.

Don't get me started on Matic. Who in their right mind thinks he is old, burned out, and other stupid **** they said about him after leaving.
I have a feeling the atmosphere at the club is tense at the moment, and you could see that so far in the game. We need to sort this **** out until Conte decides to pack his bags and leave us.

Well this is rather unexpected 3-0 down to Burnley who were awful away from home last season

Back