The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Well this is rather unexpected 3-0 down to Burnley who were awful away from home last season

Still think Sean Dyche has done fantastically with burnley to keep them up in PL this long. Plus they play decent football in this game.

Still think Sean Dyche has done fantastically with burnley to keep them up in PL this long. Plus they play decent football in this game.
They've looked very good, annoyingly think I picked them to go down but don't think they will be on this form

What I like about Dyche is his realistic approach in the market. Filled his side with work rate, purchased a balanced midfield, has aerial presence so instead of signing any old left winger/versatile player, he signs Robbie Brady who has as good a dead ball delivery in the league to try and utilize that advantage.

Simplistic, honest approach, and he deserves the plaudits. Hopefully establishes Burnley as a PL club for many years to come.

Was bound to be a difficult season imo. Take out 3 major key players from that title winning side and was only gonna go one way.

Chelsea on the other hand, it's hard to judge as it was a brainless decision from Cahill. However, that's no excuse to fall apart like that. The lack of signings and starting with Morata on the bench is only going to annoy the fans even more.

Don't get me started on Matic. Who in their right mind thinks he is old, burned out, and other stupid **** they said about him after leaving.
I have a feeling the atmosphere at the club is tense at the moment, and you could see that so far in the game. We need to sort this **** out until Conte decides to pack his bags and leave us.

Conte has form too. It's exactly why he left Juventus after winning yet another title.

Morata changed the game tbh. Looks tailor-made for that lone striker role, not sure why Conte's so hesitant to throw up him in from the off

Chelsea made a good fight of it, but truth be told Burnley were the better team even before Chelsea had players sent off. They were pretty much the better team right up until Morata came on. Which is why it is baffling why it took Conte so long for Morata to come on?

Anyway, credit to Chelsea for making a fight of it.

But what a result for Burnley, this is their biggest ever result in the PL away from home. It's almost Iceland-esque.

Conte has form too. It's exactly why he left Juventus after winning yet another title.

I will not argue the first part since I agree, but I don't think it's the case of form here. It's a clusterfuck of decisions made by the club regarding signing Conte's targets, and Conte shipping out players before having a clear picture of how the squad will shape out for the current season.

Don't get me started on Matic. Who in their right mind thinks he is old, burned out, and other stupid **** they said about him after leaving.
I have a feeling the atmosphere at the club is tense at the moment, and you could see that so far in the game. We need to sort this **** out until Conte decides to pack his bags and leave us.

Matic wanted to leave. Club did not want him to go.

People need to calm down and assess the situation at the end of the window. We started slowly last season as well. I expect 4 more players to come in. Hazard and Bakayoko still getting back to fitness as well.

I feel there is signings needed urgently for Chelsea, especially when you consider the players you now have unavailable due to unjuries and suspension. Considering your next fixtures are: -

Tottenham - Away

Everton - Home

Leicester - Away

Arsenal - Home

Stoke City - Away

Tricky next 5 fixtures that, your season could be a big struggle if you don't get players in.

I feel there is signings needed urgently for Chelsea, especially when you consider the players you now have unavailable due to unjuries and suspension. Considering your next fixtures are: -

Tottenham - Away

Everton - Home

Leicester - Away

Arsenal - Home

Stoke City - Away

Tricky next 5 fixtures that, your season could be a big struggle if you don't get players in.

Signings are needed but thats no reason to panic. The best deals are always found at the end of the transfer window. Alonso and Luiz came on transfer deadline day last summer and won us the league. Thankfully clubs are run by executives who don't completely panic after one game.

Back