The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Tbh 2 of the names there are terrible examples. Wilson has been blighted by injures for nearly a year and a half, but is still highly rated by coaches at Utd. And Blackett signed a new deal because Mourinho likes him but we are to stacked on defenders atm. Januzaj is just an wasted idiot.

I did not say they are finished, nor are all those players top clubs usually sell, because they are not considered first team material.
A lot of players are hyped from a young age, and don't end up living up to it. My point was, that just because young players don't live up to expectations, it doesn't mean the clubs are at fault, which is the usual **** excuse being thrown in the media: they didn't trust him, they didn't give him enough chances, the manager had it in for him from day one, and other ****.

He wanted to move permanently ahead of last season. He then wanted to go earlier this window before Chelsea deal breakdowns meant he was assured of a place

I have heard very different.

With every credible source pointing to him staying...

I don't know what a credible source is these days?

I always thought Law was on Chelsea but he's started running with rumours so who knows who to believe?

Despite all said, Chelsea still one of the biggest title threats to me alongside both Manchester clubs.

Only takes one or two more signings and you're arguably stronger than last year.

Where have you heard from that he might leave?

Christensen? Oh heck, I'd have to do a search.

There's been various things on and off all summer about him leaving permanently/ not fancied by Conte, then going out on loan again. Up until the season predictions after the friendlies. Inter was the recent one wasn't it? I'll look in depth when I'm home later if you like.

*Edit* BTW, not disbelieving you when you said nobody credible had it. You naturally know way more about Chelsea matters and who to believe than I'd care to know.

The recent example of Law was just a general point.

Last edited:
Christensen? Oh heck, I'd have to do a search.

There's been various things on and off all summer about him leaving permanently/ not fancied by Conte, then going out on loan again. Up until the season predictions after the friendlies. Inter was the recent one wasn't it? I'll look in depth when I'm home later if you like.

*Edit* BTW, not disbelieving you when you said nobody credible had it. You naturally know way more about Chelsea matters and who to believe than I'd care to know.

The recent example of Law was just a general point.

No credible source has him leaving either now or in previous seasons. At least none I am aware of. All point to the opposite, that he is well-liked by Conte and will be in the squad for the upcoming season.

We got a tough one so far.

EDIT: Tough but we should progress. Could have been worse.

Last edited:
Mixed draw. On and off the park. I'd be disappointed with that.

Baku is a haul and frigging expensive. And you don't want to be in Rome when the footies o. But then there is Madrid which is Madrid so there is that bonus.

Morata's playstyle completely different from Costa's. Our players keep prodding the ball into space for him to run onto and he is nowhere near them. Hopefully he adapts soon.

What an easy game this is proving to be, take away nothing from Chelsea but I don't even feel like you have had to get out of 2nd gear.

Everton are useless with this 3-5-2.

Morata's playstyle completely different from Costa's. Our players keep prodding the ball into space for him to run onto and he is nowhere near them. Hopefully he adapts soon.
Yeah agree. Think it's gonna take a little while till he and the team get use to each other and him the league. Good player though no doubt.

Yeah agree. Think it's gonna take a little while till he and the team get use to each other and him the league. Good player though no doubt.

Encouraging that he is still contributing despite all this. Can only improve from here.

Seems that first game against Burnley was just a blip, although admittedly Everton seemed reluctant to even remotely test you today.

Always thought you were serious title threat regarless so, nothing has changed my mind. Would like to see more teams actually press you high and put pressure on defence and players like Fabregas, allowing them space like Everton did is just a death note.

Amazed by the lack of first half pressing from Everton. Chelsea excelled in that space. Morata good as ever before.

Amazed by the lack of first half pressing from Everton. Chelsea excelled in that space. Morata good as ever before.

Same here, think Everton had Europa League hangover from Thursday, looked really off it today. Although I wasn't a fan of the 3-5-2 at all thwy erre using, why do they need 3 CB's to mark one striker? Seems such a waste.

Azpilicueta turns 28 today. Joined us for £7m five years ago. One of the best deals made in the history of the EPL.

Back