The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Ox will be a great signing for us if it happens.

Well documented I really like him but for your sake if you sign him, I hope his attitude is 100% better than the absolute disgrace he showed for Arsenal yesterday. That highlight of the opener with him meandering away, head down, completely oblivious to Gomez winning the ball back is beyond disgraceful and summed up his day.

Well documented I really like him but for your sake if you sign him, I hope his attitude is 100% better than the absolute disgrace he showed for Arsenal yesterday. That highlight of the opener with him meandering away, head down, completely oblivious to Gomez winning the ball back is beyond disgraceful and summed up his day.

Indeed, but wasnt that the approach from pretty much the whole team anyway? It seems to me like they all couldn't really give a **** about that game and all of their attitude was appalling. They have most likely give up on Wenger a long time ago like all of us, but that doesn't excuse their performance yesterday.

Indeed, but wasnt that the approach from pretty much the whole team anyway? It seems to me like they all couldn't really give a **** about that game and all of their attitude was appalling. They have most likely give up on Wenger a long time ago like all of us, but that doesn't excuse their performance yesterday.

Pretty much but as you said, it still doesn't any of them as individuals.

They might not like Wenger. They might not like the toxic situation around the club. But you're paid to be professional and at least give everything you have. Not least to the 2.700 or so who paid their hard earned money to travel up to Anfield yesterday.

I'm not naive enough to know that it doesn't happen all the time. The players have all the power now. L'pool players were an absolute disgrace when they stopped playing for Hodgson. As much as he needed to go. Same Utd under van Gaal. The carrot of Cup glory aside. As much as he needed gone too. But it still doesn't make it right or the individuals any less of a disgrace.

I won't do a 180 now that it is pretty sure we will sign him, so I'll just say it: I don't think he is as good as people claim he is. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have my doubts about Ox. When we signed Cole from Arsenal, everyone knew he was class, but the Ox, for me is far too inconsistent, and I seriously have no idea what the **** is his position. Jack of all trades, master of none.

I won't do a 180 now that it is pretty sure we will sign him, so I'll just say it: I don't think he is as good as people claim he is. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have my doubts about Ox. When we signed Cole from Arsenal, everyone knew he was class, but the Ox, for me is far too inconsistent, and I seriously have no idea what the **** is his position. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Tbf, Moses wasn't anything special until Conte got his hands on him. This could be the revitalization Ox needs to step up and get his career on track

Tbf, Moses wasn't anything special until Conte got his hands on him. This could be the revitalization Ox needs to step up and get his career on track

I sure as **** won't mind that. 35M is a big investment.

Tbf, Moses wasn't anything special until Conte got his hands on him.

He was a good squad player in the DiMateo/Rafa season, with obvious potential for more. I never understood why his career stalled, just another one of Mourinho's weird personnel decisions during his 2nd time in Chelsea.

Ox wants to play as a midfielder and get regular game time. Will definitely have a better chance of doing so at Liverpool than at Chelsea.

Here's the thing. We can't and wouldn't offer him that.

Nor could we match the wages Chelsea would go to.

If, and it's still a big if, he came to L'pool, he'd be coming because he's bought into the manager and what's he's building.

Here's the thing. We can't and wouldn't offer him that.

Nor could we match the wages Chelsea would go to.

If, and it's still a big if, he came to L'pool, he'd be coming because he's bought into the manager and what's he's building.

At this point, its not about the wages for Ox. Its about regular game time. He has been led to believe that he will get that at Liverpool at CM whereas Chelsea want to play him at RWB only. This all comes from David Ornstein whose tweet you yourself posted on here.

If Ox was really just looking for bigger wages, he would have stayed at Arsenal. Its about game time.

At this point, its not about the wages for Ox. Its about regular game time. He has been led to believe that he will get that at Liverpool at CM whereas Chelsea want to play him at RWB only. This all comes from David Ornstein whose tweet you yourself posted on here.

I know what the media line is mate but anyone that thinks any player is either guaranteed a position or a regular spot the first XI under Klopp is, let's be kind and say 'naive.'

He'd get his games as we have a slew of them. But he'd in competition with everyone else and would play where he was needed.

I know what the media line is mate but anyone that thinks any player is either guaranteed a position or a regular spot the first XI under Klopp is, let's be kind and say 'naive.'

He'd get his games as we have a slew of them. But he'd in competition with everyone else and would play where he was needed.

Thats great but he has been led to believe that he has a real chance playing CM under Klopp. This has all come from Ornstein whose tweet you posted. You can't dismiss what does not suit your narrative and only push stuff that does.

I'm not dismissing or pushing anything.

We don't play with a WB system. You do and apparently, want him solely for that role.

He would prefer to play the middle. There's far more opportunity at Anfield being as, per what you keep referencing, you only want him to play RWB.

But he won't be 'guaranteed' a specific position or amount of time on the pitch.

Where do you think Lemar is going to fit into all this? Aside from what's there already? Would Alex start ahead of him inside?

Oxlade-Chamberlain would add great versatility to the squad. Nottin' more. Nottin' less.

And I wasn't suggesting he was money orientated. I merely said L'pool wouldn't be paying him anything like Arsenal or Chelsea could.

I'm not dismissing or pushing anything.

We don't play with a WB system. You do and apparently, want him solely for that role.

He would prefer to play the middle. There's far more opportunity at Anfield being as, per what you keep referencing, you only want him to play RWB.

But he won't be 'guaranteed' a specific position or amount of time on the pitch.

Where do you think Lemar is going to fit into all this? Aside from what's there already? Would Alex start ahead of him inside?

Oxlade-Chamberlain would add great versatility to the squad. Nottin' more. Nottin' less.

And I wasn't suggesting he was money orientated. I merely said L'pool wouldn't be paying him anything like Arsenal or Chelsea could.

Which is exactly why he wants the move to Liverpool. You folks want to play him at CM and he will get more game time there. At Chelsea, he would be 4th or 5th choice CM. Nothin' more to it.

And what makes you think he wouldn't be that or worse at Liverpool? If you wanted to do a depth chart adding Lemar and Alex to what we have already?

Back