The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
And what makes you think he wouldn't be that or worse at Liverpool? If you wanted to do a depth chart adding Lemar and Alex to what we have already?

As I said all this has come from David Ornstein. This is what Ox has been led to believe. That he is far greater chance of playing CM and getting significant minutes there than at Chelsea who only intend to use him at RWB.

I think way too much is being put on this positional/ starting thing by the media (and all you've done is extrapolated from the tweet he'd get that at Anfield) and if truth be told he just wants out of Arsenal at all costs.

And he had it reminded to him again first hand Sunday what he can be a part of.

But if you think anyone's under any guarantees on anything under Klopp well ..... Come to that any manager that guarantees any player anything is pretty darn foolish IMHO. You never know what will happen week-to-week in footie.

Not fussed about Ox really. If you want to start picking your position and refusing to play anywhere else then you are not a player for Conte. Moving on.

I think way too much is being put on this positional/ starting thing by the media (and all you've done is extrapolated from the tweet he'd get that at Anfield) and if truth be told he just wants out of Arsenal at all costs.

And he had it reminded to him again first hand Sunday what he can be a part of.

But if you think anyone's under any guarantees on anything under Klopp well ..... Come to that any manager that guarantees any player anything is pretty darn foolish IMHO. You never know what will happen week-to-week in footie.

I have extrapolated nothing. David Ornstein is the one who published an entire article on it. As I said, you can't just dismiss anything journalists say when it does not fit your narrative of why players are choosing Liverpool.

That's doubtless been a big issue for proposed targets this summer. The uncertainty over Conte's future beyond this year.

Yeah it's not about Klopp. It's about regular game time at CM . Liverpool are the only club likely to play him there. Non else will

That's doubtless been a big issue for proposed targets this summer. The uncertainty over Conte's future beyond this year.

Thats not the issue. The issue is that good players want to play regularly but we can't offer that at Chelsea because our First XI is fantastic. Only the very best in the world can actually improve it at any position bar RWB.

I have extrapolated nothing. David Ornstein is the one who published an entire article on it. As I said, you can't just dismiss anything journalists say when it does not fit your narrative of why players are choosing Liverpool.

Where has he directly said Liverpool have told him he'd definitively play the middle and get more time than at Chelsea?

You've decided to take how he worded things and extrapolate/ presume/ call it what you will, to that being the reason he'd turn down Chelsea over Liverpool.

You're 'presuming' to suit your narrative. If you want to go down that road.

Where has he directly said Liverpool have told him he'd definitively play the middle and get more time than at Chelsea?

You've decided to take how he worded things and extrapolate/ presume/ call it what you will, to that being the reason he'd turn down Chelsea over Liverpool.

You're 'presuming' to suit your narrative. If you want to go down that road.

It clearly says that he wants to play CM and Chelsea only want to play him at RWB which is why he prefers a move to Liverpool. Does anyone really need to spell it out for you further than that before you believe it?

It clearly says that he wants to play CM and Chelsea only want to play him at RWB which is why he prefers a move to Liverpool. Does anyone really need to spell it out for you further than that before you believe it?

You've inferred that. But he doesn't 'clearly' state that as regards Liverpool.

Do you want to quote it in black and white to help you understand the difference?

You know I seriously hope we sign him now. So then when he's happily a part of the squad, playing as and where needed like everyone else, people can go 'Huh? I thought he was going there as he was gonna' be a regular inside?'

I think both clubs want Ox as a rotation player. Neither Klopp, nor Conte will guarantee he will be starting eleven player week in, week out. If he wants to play on a regular basis, he should stay put.

Last edited:
I think both clubs want Ox as a rotation player. Neither Klopp, nor Conte will guarantee he will be starting eleven player ween in, week out. If he wants to play on a regular basis, he should stay put.

Not that hard is it? The only difference being from a positional standpoint he'd have more opportunity to come in inside as well as out at Anfield where as you seemingly just want him for the WB slot.

And yeah, agree on Arsenal as being a consistent starter but things are apparently that toxic there he wants out at all costs. Turning down the sky high wages let them know that in no uncertain terms.

I think both clubs want Ox as a rotation player. Neither Klopp, nor Conte will guarantee he will be starting eleven player week in, week out. If he wants to play on a regular basis, he should stay put.

Its where though. Liverpool will at least play him at CM. He'll never be anything other than rwb at Chelsea. Either he's not worth the 35m and 140 he'll get at Liverpool, let alone the 40m and 220k offered by Chelsea

He's made absolutely no secret that he wants to play CM. So there's no way people should be ignoring the one thing that is clear from him

You've inferred that. But he doesn't 'clearly' state that as regards Liverpool.

Do you want to quote it in black and white to help you understand the difference?

You know I seriously hope we sign him now. So then when he's happily a part of the squad, playing as and where needed like everyone else, people can go 'Huh? I thought he was going there as he was gonna' be a regular inside?'

And you inferred that he wants to play for Liverpool because he truly believes in whatever it is that Klopp is building. Considering that no one has come close to suggesing that as a reason, your 'inference' sure stands on far more shaky ground ain't it?

But sure go with whatever you want. Really do not care anyways.

Watching Liverpool and Chelsea fight over him is like watching two bald men fight over a comb

Its where though. Liverpool will at least play him at CM. He'll never be anything other than rwb at Chelsea. Either he's not worth the 35m and 140 he'll get at Liverpool, let alone the 40m and 220k offered by Chelsea

If playing as CM is so important to him, he should go to Liverpool, no doubt. I just hope he knows he faces competition from the team captain, a record signing in Keita, plus other players like Can, who do a solid job on the same position. Same could be said at Chelsea for that matter. Either way, he is not a star signing at any team.

Are any Chelsea fans seriously happy about the players you are targeting? Barkley, Ox, Drinkwater... just screams average.

Mike. pretty much nails it for me. A lot of ifs and buts but the one thing thats crystal clear from his that he wants to play CM and that cannot be ignored. For arguments sake, if he really did choose Liverpool over Chelsea because he is desperate to be part of whatever Klopp is building even if he does not get regular game time then more fool to him.

..... Either he's not worth the 35m and 140 he'll get at Liverpool, let alone the 40m and 220k offered by Chelsea

I don't know. I'd love to see what Klopp could do with the skill set he brings to the table within the way we play. Always really liked him. I just think he's been badly under-utilised by Wenger. Even given his injury history up until last year.

The money's certainly there to find out above and beyond any van Dijk/ Lemar double with Keita not an issue until next summer.

That said I still can't get his **** poor attitude Sunday out of my head. That needs adjusting ASAP!

Last edited:
Back