• Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
3rd choice striker
RWB
LWB
CM
AM

Let's see if we can pull off something!

Observing some of the hysteria around the fan base, you would genuinely think we just let Messi slip through our fingers rather than Llorente/Ox.

I am not even going to bother anyone with the rumours. We will sign someone by tomorrow. Maybe it will work out or it won't. Having seen us win every trophy possible in the last five years, leave the chest beating to the other teams and we will get on with our work quietly as usual as we did last season :)

Observing some of the hysteria around the fan base, you would genuinely think we just let Messi slip through our fingers rather than Llorente/Ox.

I am not even going to bother anyone with the rumours. We will sign someone by tomorrow. Maybe it will work out or it won't. Having seen us win every trophy possible in the last five years, leave the chest beating to the other teams and we will get on with our work quietly as usual as we did last season :)

Can't say it hasn't been a disappointing window though, it was supposed to be our biggest.

All Algerian sources reporting Mahrez to Chelsea for 45mil, waiting for someone credible in England to pick up on it.

Papy Djoboldji on the move to Dijon apparently. Still time to seal the transfer of the season.

Think a lot of people wrote off Alonso when he was first bought at Chelsea. Wouldn't write Zappacosta off yet, don't know much about him personally. But yeh it is funny :P

I agree, way too early to judge but I just thought it was funny. More people should have seen Alonso succeeding in my opinion

I am guessing the same lot were laughing themselves silly when we bought Alonso on deadline day as well?

Also those who genuinely think this is a panic buy obviously have no idea how Chelsea operate.

Of course it's a panic buy. You chase Chamberlain for weeks, then suddenly target Zappacosta with about 8 hours to go.

Not sure why we keep trying to spin this idea that Chelsea have a master plan for transfers when they don't

Of course it's a panic buy. You chase Chamberlain for weeks, then suddenly target Zappacosta with about 8 hours to go.

Not sure why we keep trying to spin this idea that Chelsea have a master plan for transfers when they don't

Chelsea have a list of targets. We go down that list one by one. If this was a panic buy, it would not have gotten done so quickly. We
moved as soon as Ox was out of reach.

Also we chased Ox for weeks but the reason why any team only bid for him in the last week should be plain enough...

Conte knows italy, knows that a decent fee would see a deal done. He's not a horrible player for the little i have seen of italy recently, and he can play right back. But he's a last ditch addition because Chelsea have been beaten to Chamberlain. Otherwise you'd have done this ago

Conte knows italy, knows that a decent fee would see a deal done. He's not a horrible player for the little i have seen of italy recently, and he can play right back. But he's a last ditch addition because Chelsea have been beaten to Chamberlain. Otherwise you'd have done this ago

Of course he is not our first choice target. But just because it was done last minute does not mean he is a panic buy. Likely we had an eye on him for a long time and were prepared to move as soon as Ox was gone.

From what I have heard, he is a typical Conte player. Can run all day. Great crosser of the ball. Romano rates him as one of the best defenders in Serie A and Inter took a serious look at him earlier in the window. Conte knows him very well from Italy NT as well. Considering he has come as depth, this looks like pretty decent. Similar to the Alonso buy.

Of course he is not our first choice target. But just because it was done last minute does not mean he is a panic buy. Likely we had an eye on him for a long time and were prepared to move as soon as Ox was gone.

From what I have heard, he is a typical Conte player. Can run all day. Great crosser of the ball. Romano rates him as one of the best defenders in Serie A and Inter took a serious look at him earlier in the window. Conte knows him very well from Italy NT as well. Considering he has come as depth, this looks like pretty decent. Similar to the Alonso buy.

Not sure how well he knows him since he has 4 caps.

Back