The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
If playing as CM is so important to him, he should go to Liverpool, no doubt. I just hope he knows he faces competition from the team captain, a record signing in Keita, plus other players like Can, who do a solid job on the same position. Same could be said at Chelsea for that matter. Either way, he is not a star signing at any team.

Agreed on all fronts. Only Arsenal will play him as much he wants. But they are falling apart, and it won't be in central midfield

Are any Chelsea fans seriously happy about the players you are targeting? Barkley, Ox, Drinkwater... just screams average.

We are buying players to fill out the squad. Only the very best in the world can improve our starting XI at this point bar Moses at RWB.

Still can't get over some Chelsea fans mocking United over Matic, only to replace him with Drinkwater. You've essentially weakened that position

On the plus side, Llorente should be done by today. Good deal for an experienced third choice striker who is also already familiar with Conte and Morata. Reminds me of when Mourinho purchased Drogba to play the same role when we won the title in 14/15 season.

Is Chamberlain actually any good as a CM? I've only really seen him out wide from what I can remember

Still can't get over some Chelsea fans mocking United over Matic, only to replace him with Drinkwater. You've essentially weakened that position

We replaced him with Bakayoko ... A younger player who wants to be at Chelsea and fits Conte's system better. A player United tried for as well before they got Matic.

Drinkwater is coming in as 4th choice CM.

Scouse, all Alc is saying is that at Chelsea Ox would get zero games at CM, they'd all be at RWB, whereas at Liverpool he might get some games at CM, some games elsewhere. He would prefer to play CM, and has a better chance of doing so at Liverpool than at Chelsea.

Strangely enough, Chelsea need a 4th choice CM and are chasing Barkley and Drinkwater, hypothetically they could sign Ox for that role instead, and he'd cover wing backs as well

We replaced him with Bakayoko ... A younger player who wants to be at Chelsea and fits Conte's system better. A player United tried for as well before they got Matic.

Drinkwater is coming in as 4th choice CM.

Except United never tried for Bakayoko. Weirdly Dier was first choice and then he went for Matic once he wanted out.

Bakayoko and Matic are nothing alike really, really happy you gave us Matic though and replacing him with Drinkwater is kind of funny.

But anyway, Bakayoko will be good for you probably and Matic is turning out good for United. We kind of really needed that experience he can offer, for the spine of our team.

Bakayoko and Matic are nothing alike really, really happy you gave us Matic though and replacing him with Drinkwater is kind of funny.

But anyway, Bakayoko will be good for you probably and Matic is turning out good for United. We kind of really needed that experience he can offer, for the spine of our team.

We are replacing Matic with Bakayoko.

Except United never tried for Bakayoko. Weirdly Dier was first choice and then he went for Matic once he wanted out.

They did try and were told he was very close to Chelsea. They only bought Matic because Spurs refused to budge on Dier and Chelsea were open to selling Matic allowing them to switch targets. If not, United would have bought Matic far sooner as he was always available this window.

We are replacing Matic with Bakayoko.

Theoretically, but you could of had: -

Bakayoko, Kante, Matic, Fabregas..... quality for quality.

Instead it's

Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater

---

Tbh I still don't get why you get Drinkwater when you loan so many talented players and sell the likes of Chalobah.

Theoretically, but you could of had: -

Bakayoko, Kante, Matic, Fabregas..... quality for quality.

Instead it's

Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater

---

Tbh I still don't get why you get Drinkwater when you loan so many talented players and sell the likes of Chalobah.

Because Matic wanted out of Chelsea as soon as he realized he would lost his first team place as we were negotiating for Bakayoko. This was way back in June. Thats the same for likes of Chalobah, RLC and Ake. They all want to play regularly but will never get to do so at Chelsea. Drinkwater is happy to sit on the bench.

Are any Chelsea fans seriously happy about the players you are targeting? Barkley, Ox, Drinkwater... just screams average.

All the London clubs going the wrong way. Whilst the North West strides forward.

The times they are a changing.

All the London clubs going the wrong way. Whilst the North West strides forward.

The times they are a changing.

Wouldn't go that far! :P

Well the majority of London I'd agree, but Chelsea for me still a massive threat this season. Still as good as any first team 11 and Conte is a great manager.

I'll be very surprised if they are not there or there abouts come the end of the season still.

They did try and were told he was very close to Chelsea. They only bought Matic because Spurs refused to budge on Dier and Chelsea were open to selling Matic allowing them to switch targets. If not, United would have bought Matic far sooner as he was always available this window.

Except this isn't true. United were stuck on Dier for weeks. The only place who tried to claim this was the mail. Which was then rerun by the usual **** papers.

Back