The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
You might want to listen to the fella' himself on why he had his heart set on Liverpool.

That is just a real small part of it.

That is literally it Scouse. Every player would say something different when they first join a club. Apparently Chelsea was Morata's first choice all along according to him. Do I go into the United thread and start waving that around to spout **** and ignore what really happened in the window?

Regardless, its real stupid arguing over what Ox wanted and did not want. You can believe what you want. Really could not care less.

So with all that said and done...

1. Morata
2. Antonio Rudiger
3. Bakayoko
4. ***** Callabereo
5. Zappacosta
6. Danny Drinkwater (hopefully :P)

Not a bad window on the face of it but then you factor in the losses of Diego Costa, Terry and Matic and we have strengthened only incrementally. Very disappointing window and could have been a proper disaster as Mike pointed out. Not to mention the fact that our size of squad is pathetically small. We better have some recall clauses built into the contracts of our 2000 loan players.

I did. He wants to be a CM, Gerrard is his idol. We did the interview with him!

He's only been speaking to you guys huh?

Hey, if you want to continue to convince yourself he's only moved North down to a positional chance then be my guest.

He's only been speaking to you guys huh?

Hey, if you want to continue to convince yourself he's only moved North down to a positional chance then be my guest.

Out of interest, what other choice did he have? He wants regular football, he doesn't want to be a RWB (Chelsea ☒) - 100% wants out of his current situation (Arsenal ☒)- Nobody else is interested, what's he gonna do?

Yes, I'm sure he likes Klopp's work/Liverpools attacking mentality or whatever, which is a bonus... but it was the the only logical move for him, based on the boxes he wanted ticked. He doesn't get into any other top 6 midfield, I wouldn't have had him in yours either but it is what it is.

Last edited:
He's only had one logical move for 7 months or so to play regular football?

Poor fella'. What a bad situation to be in.

I didn't see any other suitors banging Arsenal's door down for him. His profile is bigger than his ability.

Would've been a solid RWB option in Chelsea's defensively sound system, would provide more attacking threat than Moses.

However, as a CM, he's behind everything you've got (yes, even Wijnaldum, that's a lot coming from me). Especially now that Coutinho stays. Henderson, Gigi, Lallana, Coutinho, Can. He'd be my 6th choice CM for you lot, £35M and 120K P/W for a player that doesn't improve you in his favourite and 'promised' position is just very 'meh' for me. Will hold my hand up at the end of the season if I'm wrong.

If by the end of the season he plays more games in areas other than CM, I will hold my hand up - but at the moment, I very much believe the whispers that he was told he would get plenty of games in his fav CM role. I'm not buying him moving cities, taking a pay cut, without that positional incentive. Like most players, he has an ego. He wants to be a CM, he wants to leave some sort of legacy to his name. Tomorrow he may well want to be an astronaut, but today, he wants to be a CM.

Last edited:
Naturally. He's got more opportunity to play the middle which he favours. But he's not been 'promised' anything. He's another quality addition to the squad and will play where and when needed.

Which will be plentiful as it will for them all as a first choice XI is becoming less and less and heavy rotation already readily apparent. I think that's the main thing that shook him and what he's learned from last year this league being completely like no other added to the physical demands he places on his players. The need for quality depth.

*Edit* Without 'positional incentive?' How about career progress incentive and fulfilling his ability? Having seen up close what the managers done for the likes of Lallana? He improves as a player, he'll earn the bigger financial rewards. Ther's his incentive. To go to what he feels is the best place and person to help him achieve that. He get's to play more inside, that's a bonus within that aim.

Last edited:
Naturally. He's got more opportunity to play the middle which he favours. But he's not been 'promised' anything. He's another quality addition to the squad and will play where and when needed.

Which will be plentiful as it will for them all as a first choice XI is becoming less and less and heavy rotation already readily apparent. I think that's the main thing that shook him and what he's learned from last year this league being completely like no other added to the physical demands he places on his players. The need for quality depth.

Maybe not a 'promised' starter, but I'm certain he was promised to be used predominantly in his favourite role. With plenty of football.

What is it with footballers and there need to play in their so called favoured position. You play wherever the manager sees you fit, and most of the time the manager knows best. Anyway I doubt Klopp made specific promises, he probaly told AOC I wont stick you as a wingback, something Chelsea were planning on doing. If I was AOC it would be an easy decision to make.

What is it with footballers and there need to play in their so called favoured position. You play wherever the manager sees you fit, and most of the time the manager knows best. Anyway I doubt Klopp made specific promises, he probaly told AOC I wont stick you as a wingback, something Chelsea were planning on doing. If I was AOC it would be an easy decision to make.
If I was him I would be in China ATM if possible wondering how big a yacht I can buy with my signing bonus, or the middle east for the tax breaks

For me, he's a winger tbh. What you guys think? Pacey, good dribbler, beats men, just don't see what he offers in the middle of the park that bullies any of the other 5 out of it.

Edit: Come to think of it, probably not the thread to even debate this. But that's my opinion anyway ^

For me, he's a winger tbh. What you guys think? Pacey, good dribbler, beats men, just don't see what he offers in the middle of the park that bullies any of the other 5 out of it.
Dont start otherwise you will have 10 pages of me and Scouse arguing lol.

Unbelievable that we are actually spending so many pages arguing over Ox who is a bang average football atm regardless of his future potential.

At the end of the day, as much as I admire him for leaving his comfort zone at Arsenal, he really needs to drop down to a mid-tier club if he wants regular football as a CM.

Back