The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
At the end of the day, as much as I admire him for leaving his comfort zone at Arsenal, he really needs to drop down to a mid-tier club if he wants regular football as a CM.
Kinda agree with you but on the flipside he gets to work with a manager who going by his quotes seems to really believe in his talents. He's still 24 and has room to improve, I mean look at Lallana and the improvements he's made. 12 months before Klopp arrived he was doing Cruyff turns and spinning on the same spot 20 times a game. Emre Can, Coutinho, Firmino and even Moreno have improved tremendously under Klopp. Why not the same for AOC.

Kinda agree with you but on the flipside he gets to work with a manager who going by his quotes seems to really believe in his talents. He's still 24 and has room to improve, I mean look at Lallana and the improvements he's made. 12 months before Klopp arrived he was doing Cruyff turns and spinning on the same spot 20 times a game. Emre Can, Coutinho, Firmino and even Moreno have improved tremendously under Klopp. Why not the same for AOC.

You can only improve if you actually get onto the pitch.

With the amount of games this season plus injury he will get a chance.

Again getting onto the pitch here and there won't help. He needs to get regular game time. For the sake of Barkley's career, he should extend his contract at Everton as well.

Again getting onto the pitch here and there won't help. He needs to get regular game time. For the sake of Barkley's career, he should extend his contract at Everton as well.
Barkley needs to get away from the crowd he hangs with up north, needs a new start elsewere.

Just remembered that Kenedy is probably staying now. Our defense is well sorted in that case.

Except for the sale of Matic (which mostly ****** me of because of where we sold him to), I think we did well on the market. Squad is a bit thin, and that is a fact you can't argue against. Hopefully our medical staff keeps up their good work, and we continue the major injury-free seasons we've been getting used to lately.

He's only been speaking to you guys huh?

Hey, if you want to continue to convince yourself he's only moved North down to a positional chance then be my guest.

If we're going to start ignoring what players say in order spin what you want it to say, then then is is pointless. For two years he's made no secret of his desire for regular football and to become a centre mid. No one was trying to spin otherwise until you started. It's the same with Lemar. His options were a falling Arsenal or rising Liverpool, not a difficult choice in the matter. In the end it's irrelevant as Liverpool didn't offer enough and Arsenal decided there wasn't enough time to get a deal done

If we're going to start ignoring what players say in order spin what you want it to say, then then is is pointless. For two years he's made no secret of his desire for regular football and to become a centre mid. No one was trying to spin otherwise until you started. It's the same with Lemar. His options were a falling Arsenal or rising Liverpool, not a difficult choice in the matter. In the end it's irrelevant as Liverpool didn't offer enough and Arsenal decided there wasn't enough time to get a deal done

Have no doubt about Scouse's enthusiam for football and his knowledge of the game. But he seems ****-bent on doing everything possible to support this absurd narrative that every player who goes to Liverpool is desperate to play for Klopp and thats the sole reason they go there.

And if one actually looks at it rationally, there is very little reason for someone to be desperate to play under Klopp over other top managers in the EPL. The only few who support this narrative are all Liverpool supporting local journo's like Mel Red.

Would add Christensen also to that list.

Good shout.

Reviewing the squad again, here are my thoughts...

GK: No issues here at all. Courtois and Callabero both capable options.

Defense: Our CBs are excellent. Only a true world-class CB will improve that unit. Could do with a bit of quality at WBs unfortunately but overall, solid depth all round

Midfield: 4 very good options to have. Again, only a true world class option improves this lot.

Wide Attackers: Again could have done with a bit of quality to support Hazard. We have 3 very good options in Hazard, Willian and Pedro but need one more for depth purposes

Striker: Easily our weakest and most vulnerable position. Morata untested as first striker. Batshuayi not capable of leading the line for a CL team. We desperately need reinforcements here. I imagine we will recall Tammy Abraham if injury strikes.

Overall I would say we are 1-2 players short in the squad. I have a good feeling we will end up having to recall Tammy Abraham or RLC. The quality is there but we are looking at our medical squad having to perform another minor miracle.

Overall I would say we are 1-2 players short in the squad.

Our UCL squad:

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois, ***** Caballero, Eduardo
Defenders: Davide Zappacosta, Victor Moses, Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Jake Clarke-Salter, Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, Gary Cahill, Marcos Alonso
Midfielders: Kenedy, N'Golo Kante, Kyle Scott, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Cesc Fabregas, Danny Drinkwater, Charly Musonda, Pedro, Willian, Eden Hazard
Forwards: Michy Batshuayi, Alvaro Morata

It looks like you were on point. Other than Clarke-Salter and Kyle Scott, everyone of them can be a first team regular if the need would arise. Kenedy and Musonda are a bit untested, but they are somewhere between development squad and first team regular.

F me if I knew Morata had such a good heading ability.

Last edited:
Great goal, should've put this game to bed by now really. Gotten into some very good positions but delivery has been lacking. Would like to see Zappacosta and Hazard introduced.

Back