The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Hodgson isn't a bad manager?!!!!!

Now I need alcohol. LOTS of alcohol! to try reason with that statement.

Don't get me wrong he's terribly limited as a manager but he undoubtedly can get a team organised and structured.

He's an odd case of being terrible for bigger clubs, but his limited coaching style he has fits a club like Palace perfectly at this time.

Hodgson isn't a bad manager?!!!!!

Now I need alcohol. LOTS of alcohol! to try reason with that statement.

Don't get me wrong he's terribly limited as a manager but he undoubtedly can get a team organised and structured.

He's an odd case of being terrible for bigger clubs, but his limited coaching style he has fits a club like Palace perfectly at this time.

Spot on. He was awful with more demanding jobs, but his record with smaller teams is actually pretty impressive. And you know, the guy is 70 year old. ******* Pele was probably still an active player when Hodgson started working as manager, and the grandpa is still around and keeps landing lucrative top flight jobs. If nothing else, you have to respect that kind of career longevity.

This post may end up being unpopular with fellow Chelsea fans but I'm just wondering when is Eden Hazard going to start stepping up in games like yesterday's instead of ghosting? Of course the man has world class ability and is without doubt one of the best players I've had the pleasure of watching in a Chelsea shirt but whenever we put in a poor performance he rarely seems to step up and grab the game by the scruff of its neck and get us out of **** like a lot of other top class players seem to do for their clubs.

Hazard going missing after winning the league? Doesn't ring a bell.

Joking aside, Kante & Morata are huge misses, and you ran into Crystal Palace at the wrong time; right after an Int break when they've had weeks with Roy to plan and prepare + deprogramme De Boer's work. They hit you hard yesterday.

Is that an excuse to lose to Crystal Palace? No. But all things considered, the meltdowns I've seen are way O.T.T

Absolutely adore Conte but he has got to start learning from some of his mistakes!

So, miss Matic yet?

Surprisingly not been impressed with Bakayoko at all tbh.

So, miss Matic yet?

Surprisingly not been impressed with Bakayoko at all tbh.

He's a very good player, but for all the jibes pointed at Matic for being inconsistent, Bakayoko has been the far more inconsistent of the two

With Real Madrid seemingly on the decline and with Hazard/Courtois both yet to sign new deals I can't be the only Chelsea fan getting worried this may be their final season at the club.

Through adversity to the stars. Real proud to be supporting this football club on nights like these. Together!

Hah. 0 tackles won the entire game, dominated by Bakayoko.

At least add some context to your meaningless stat. Matic is a percentages player, rarely commits to a rash challenge; it's one of his best qualities. In fact, in this particular moment of the game, doing exactly that saved us conceding:

hXjUpWc.jpg

If he commits to Hazard, Hazard slips it to Morata, 2-0, curtains.

q3KRGM3.jpg

Ended up a tame shot from Hazard, seen all the way from De Gea. All thanks to Matic's terrific positioning/covering, and the intelligence to know not to commit to a tackle. Stats need context.

But if we are playing the "lets choose a stat to help my case" game...

- Only 2 players in the entire Chelsea 11 had more passes than Matic, interestingly, none of which Bakayoko (Fabregas and Alonso by just 1), and only one in the United team (Valencia).

- Nemanja had the second most touches of all 22 players on the pitch, only Cesc, Chelsea's go-to-playmaker, had more.

- Barring defenders, Matic had as many interceptions as anyone in the Chelsea side.

- 4 successful aerial duels, only Fellaini, our target man for the equalizer, had more.

Also interesting how you say Bakayoko dominated Matic, even though it was Matic v Kante & Herrera v Bakayoko for large parts. Both played the left side of their midfield partner.

WtFu1ti.png

plVPgLZ.png

But whatever fits your narrative.

Congrats on the victory, but don't talk ****. Not saying he was amazing, but he was probably the pick of the red shirts out there, and definitely wasn't "dominated by Bakayoko".

Last edited:
Back