The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Drawing PSG or Besiktas would be a bit meh. Barcelona draw will be something special. Hope we get them.

[video=youtube;0PxvhkfnPTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxvhkfnPTs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Morata needs to stop hitting the deck so easily and sulking whenever decisions don’t go his way! You ain’t playing in la liga anymore Alvaro!!

Considering we could have ended up only against PSG, Barcelona or Besiktas, I'd say we got the 2nd best outcome. PSG - Real is god **** final in the last 16.

Batshuayi has got to leave in January for his own sake! Can’t even get in the starting 11 when he is the only striker in the match day squad!!

Batshuayi has got to leave in January for his own sake! Can’t even get in the starting 11 when he is the only striker in the match day squad!!

Mad that. I mean I obviously haven't seen him to know just how poor or not he's been, but Conte patently hasn't really fancied him right through.

Both he and Origi are two young, seemingly over-hyped Belgium strikers probably on their respective ways back to the Continent.

Mad that. I mean I obviously haven't seen him to know just how poor or not he's been, but Conte patently hasn't really fancied him right through.

Both he and Origi are two young, seemingly over-hyped Belgium strikers probably on their respective ways back to the Continent.

Whilst he certainly hasn’t shown he should be anything more than a squad/backup striker at the club I still think it’s harsh not giving him any chances at all in the league to prove himself especially when morata isn’t in the squad and considering he has scored an ok amount of goals for the club given his limited game time.

I did tell you, Origi was good, but he never was never on Martial's level

I did tell you, Origi was good, but he never was never on Martial's level

Although he's never kicked on, talent wise they match-up. Origi has every facet a modern day forward needs. But his confidence has been shot since the blue F did him and he's never regained it. And sadly the last year or so he's regressed and not fulfilled that ability he was showing a couple of years back before the injury.

Currently just another in the long list of a waste of a naturally talented footballer.

I don’t think this Hazard or Courtois contract nonsense will lead anywhere but it does tell the club that if they continue to be penny-wise, pound-foolish in the transfer market, it will be tough for them to hang onto their best players.

Whats the story with those two? Do they want more money or is more complicated than that?

Courtois is family related if I remember correctly. Family still in Spain from his Atleti days. With Hazard, Madrid was always on the cards, probably just want a new challenge.

150M more or less from Madrid could land the pair of them.

Courtois is family related if I remember correctly. Family still in Spain from his Atleti days. With Hazard, Madrid was always on the cards, probably just want a new challenge.

150M more or less from Madrid could land the pair of them.

150m very unlikely. Will take more than £100m for Hazard as he is on contract till 2020 unless he really pushes for a move.

150m very unlikely. Will take more than £100m for Hazard as he is on contract till 2020 unless he really pushes for a move.

Give or take. Can't see it hitting 200M. Courtois 50-60, Hazard 100-120.

If Hazard was a goalscorer like a Sanchez (a non sulking one), Neymar or a Messi, he would be an unthinkable fee, as his all round game is world class. Needs to improve his output to elite levels.

Last edited:
Give or take. Can't see it hitting 200M. Courtois 50-60, Hazard 100-120.

If Hazard was a goalscorer like a Sanchez (a non sulking one), Neymar or a Messi, he would be an unthinkable fee, as his all round game is world class. Needs to improve his output to elite levels.

Agree with this completely. Hazard needs to improve his output for sure and thats been a running theme for a while.

Looking back on 2017, it has truly been an incredible year. No chelsea fan genuinely thought we had a shot at the title. Most were more than happy with a Top 4 place. But one man came in and single-handedly united the club and fan-base. He brought back the joy to Stamford Bridge and made us fall in love with the players once again.

The bond between our fans and Conte is truly something special. The only other big English club where I see such a bond is Liverpool as much as it pains me to say it. Would not substitute him for any manager in the world.

Back