The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
First De Bruyne and now Salah both putting in fantastic performances against us this season. Cheers Jose.

First De Bruyne and now Salah both putting in fantastic performances against us this season. Cheers Jose.

How is it Jose's fault? He's a completely different player now. Even Chelsea fans weren't bothered about him leaving, heck, I think a one or two of you on here had a little snigger at the the fact Liverpool brought him back to England.

You could always thank Jose for signing Cesc, who came on and changed the game?

wpid-photo-20150804001125738.jpg

How is it Jose's fault? He's a completely different player now. Even Chelsea fans weren't bothered about him leaving, heck, I think a one or two of you on here had a little snigger at the the fact Liverpool brought him back to England.

You could always thank Jose for signing Cesc, who came on and changed the game?

wpid-photo-20150804001125738.jpg

Another idiotic post. Are we the ones paid millions of dollars a year to churn out accurate assessments of football players for professional clubs?

Jose brought in Fabregas, Costa and Filipe Luis who were all established players. In the process, he let go of KDB, Salah and Lukaku who are all £90m players now. He is justly criticized for that. You can say all you want about how Chelsea fans supported him in those decisions at the time but we are not the ones being paid big bucks to get these sort of decisions right.

Jose brought in Fabregas, Costa and Filipe Luis who were all established players. In the process, he let go of KDB, Salah and Lukaku who are all £90m players now. He is justly criticized for that. You can say all you want about how Chelsea fans supported him in those decisions at the time but we are not the ones being paid big bucks to get these sort of decisions right.

Lampard even completely dismissed the idea that Jose got it wrong with Salah post match yesterday, saying he simply went away, worked hard, and is 10x the player now than the one that reported to Cobham every few days.

If you don't take it from a guy who actually played & trained with him behind the scenes, then I don't know.

As much as we throw the "well they're the ones paid thousands to do so" line, they're still humans, they don't have a mystic ball. Salah didn't show enough at his time at Chelsea, wanted a loan, and wanted a perm.

Last edited:
As much as you deny it, I can feel a little bit of frustration with Chelsea's policy to let young players go. It's inevitable that a club with this type of policy, one or two will come back to bite you, so it's a touch of double standards to be fine with the sales of Ake, Traore, Bamford, Perica, McEachran, Kakuta, T. Hazard, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Mancienne, Rajkovic, Jack Cork, Stoch, Di Santo, Sahar, Alcides, Diarra etc etc. (all of these young lads who were let go by Chelsea over last decade or so) and justify it with "well that's how we roll, and we win trophies, problem?", but God forbid if one of these players develops into what they're supposed to, hence why they're at Chelsea in the first place (i.e. De Bruyne or Salah).... "WTF JOSE?! WHY DID YOU SELL HIM?! ******* MUG."

It should be the same tune, you won trophies without them. You're either with it or against it.

Like I said, with a policy like this, it's pretty much nailed on that one or two will come back to make you look silly, so instead of fingerpointing at the particular manager who sold X, Y or Z, maybe there's a bigger picture.

Last edited:
..... As much as we throw the "well they're the ones paid thousands to do so" line, they're still humans, they don't have a mystic ball. Salah didn't show enough at his time at Chelsea, wanted a loan, and wanted a perm.

More to the point they bought Salah at the time to lessen the competition. He was never going to get a chance to play regularly, but they were in the phase of buying for the sake of buying, particularly when a rival wanted a player, to just hoard them and stop them playing elsewhere as they could.

Lampard even completely dismissed the idea that Jose got it wrong with Salah post match yesterday, saying he simply went away, worked hard, and is 10x the player now than the one that reported to Cobham every few days.

If you don't take it from a guy who actually played & trained with him behind the scenes, then I don't know.

As much as we throw the "well they're the ones paid thousands to do so" line, they're still humans, they don't have a mystic ball. Salah didn't show enough at his time at Chelsea, wanted a loan, and wanted a perm.

Yes they don't have a mystic ball but that does not excuse them from criticism when they do make mistakes. Also you might like to go educate yourself properly on the Salah situation and especially what Jose said before he left instead of just going off one Lampars interview.

Also you conveniently left out KDB and Lukaku. I imagine they did not show enough in training as well? Surprisingly though, all of them became £90m players within 2-3 seasons of leaving Chelsea so I guess they must have all really gone through an overnight change from the players they were at Chelsea.

As much as you deny it, I can feel a little bit of frustration with Chelsea's policy to let young players go. It's inevitable that a club with this type of policy, one or two will come back to bite you, so it's a touch of double standards to be fine with the sales of Ake, Traore, Bamford, Perica, McEachran, Kakuta, T. Hazard, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Mancienne, Rajkovic, Jack Cork, Stoch, Di Santo, Sahar, Alcides, Diarra etc etc. (all of these young lads who were let go by Chelsea over last decade or so) and justify it with "well that's how we roll, and we win trophies, problem?", but God forbid if one of these players develops into what they're supposed to, hence why they're at Chelsea in the first place (i.e. De Bruyne or Salah).... "WTF JOSE?! WHY DID YOU SELL HIM?! ******* MUG."

It should be the same tune, you won trophies without them. You're either with it or against it.

Like I said, with a policy like this, it's pretty much nailed on that one or two will come back to make you look silly, so instead of fingerpointing at the particular manager who sold X, Y or Z, maybe there's a bigger picture.

And its the managers job to ensure that players who are potentially world-class are not sold. Yes a mistake here and there is fine but we just let go of three £90m players in three seasons. If that does not warrant criticism of the manager and the rest of the support staff then I am not sure what does.

I am not even going to begin on the false generalizations you have gone ahead and asserted to make your point.

I know it's early, but for some reason I have the impression that this is how the top 4 will look at the end of the season too.

If we integrate our new signings into the team, plus a signing or two in some areas, I think we can challenge City next year.

Lucky that **** was a goal, or else Courtois would have probably been sent off.

Friend's having another shocker. (NO surprise there.).

Moratta's goal should never have stood. But then the Newcastle 'keeper should have conceded a stonewall penalty on him. Along with a free kick the edge the box the end the half that could of lead to a third.

Good game but you can only see one team scoring any more sadly.

Absolutely bang on. This has been Chelsea's policy for the last decade.

Absolutely bang on. This has been Chelsea's policy for the last decade.

The reason for the recent uproar ( last few years) at least in my case, is because I've had enough of it. We had plenty of players who are good enough to do well at Chelsea, and yet, they are still sold.
Just look at Christensen. If Conte and Luiz hadn't fallen out, he would still be warming the bench, for absolutely no reason at all, other than he is a young academy product, not a big name.
We live in the age of "looking for young people, with 20 years of experience".

The reason for the recent uproar ( last few years) at least in my case, is because I've had enough of it. We had plenty of players who are good enough to do well at Chelsea, and yet, they are still sold.
Just look at Christensen. If Conte and Luiz hadn't fallen out, he would still be warming the bench, for absolutely no reason at all, other than he is a young academy product, not a big name.
We live in the age of "looking for young people, with 20 years of experience".

Indeed. Chelsea can create good young players. They just don't trust them.

Hazard will ofcourse get all the plaudits today but I was really impressed with Drinkwaters performance too. I’m going to be completely honest and admit in the summer I was against his signing and the fee we paid but I liked the way he just kept it simple today really. He also put in a decent performance at anfield last weekend and I am more than happy for him to make me eat my words if he keeps on performing well.

As much as you deny it, I can feel a little bit of frustration with Chelsea's policy to let young players go .....

Just seen this post due to it being quoted above.

' ..... a little bit ?' You think you understated that irony enough? XD XD

Back