The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
But we've got ..... GWAHHDIOLAHH

Mans an absolute genius and probably the best manager in the world but he comes across as snobbish and arrogant. Having his team blast music after victories. Talking down to journalists last season when things weren’t going well etc.

If Chelsea players blasted music halfway through the season despite being top of the table, Conte would have blasted them to Mars and back. Even when we were winning games left, right and centre last season, you never heard an arrogant word out of his mouth. Proper gent on and off the pitch.

Never a pen

Far be it from me to agree with something on a rent boy but I disagree mate.

Bellerin kicks his foot. Doesn't matter if it's deemed 'soft.' It's a foul outside the box. It's a foul in the box. No need at all to make that challenge. Braindead.

Moratta's have a shocking game finishing wise. Deary me.

Three sitters Morata's missed now. Man, Arsenal almost handed it straight back.

Belter game.

Feels like a defeat given the fact we took the lead so late on only to throw it away and also because of Morata ffs

Love Morata but that's shocking, and he's been at that a lot this season, but because he's not the bulky 6'3 black fella up in Manchester, it goes under the radar and isn't good enough to make silly memes or vines.. (no subconscious racism at all)

You haven't seriously brought race into that surely?

Have a think and alter that la. That's a shocking post whatever the frustration and aim.

You haven't seriously brought race into that surely?

Have a think and alter that la. That's a shocking post whatever the frustration and aim.

I have no doubt about it, this isn't a reactionary post either as I've been saying it for so long. Black players are often harshly/inaccurately analysed, or seen as some laughing stocks. How many pieces of ***** have there been over the years up top for England, could argue Crouch (not saying he's *****, but he's well respected despite his unusual appearance and average level), but he never received that laughing stock label that someone like Heskey seem to have stuck with him.

Morata's been missing 1on1's all season (whilst scoring a fair share of goals) but the fact you're probably surprised to see him miss those chances, probably indicates you didn't associate him with that. And why would you, as it's completely went under the radar as opposed to Lukaku's misses. Why is Lukaku, one of the best strikers in England (proven in consecutive years), a laughing stock while a handsome Caucasian Spanish striker who misses as many, if not more clearer cut chances, get's a free pass? That's not saying all white players get a free pass (i.e. Torres) but there's definitely trends.

If Pogba skims a man or two and carries it through the pitch, man it's never "lovely technique & turn of pace from Pogba" it's "wow, what a powerful piece of play from Pogba". If Coutinho or Ozil does it, it's wonderful feet.

Not saying it's purposeful, or even by everyone, but British pundits and a majority of these internet nerds have definitely showed signs of subconscious racism.

For what it's worth, I love Morata; all strikers miss chances, he's not immune (even if he has missed too many 1on1's), this is just my ongoing issue with subconscious racism, which deep down, I believe it to be a factor in situations like this.

Just seen someone say "Got to see the Spanish Danny Welbeck, French Danny Welbeck and original Danny Welbeck in one game" ffssss

Really don't know where to start with that.

3 days into 2018. Just ..... wow.

You might want to see how Lukaku has been covered. Rather than say wow, have a look at media watch, who are very good at noticing.

Nothing ****** black folk off more than white people telling us there's no problem FWIW

For what it's worth, I love Morata; all strikers miss chances, he's not immune (even if he has missed too many 1on1's), this is just my ongoing issue with subconscious racism, which deep down, I believe it to be a factor in situations like this.

Agree completely

Conversion rates of Morata and Lukaku this season

Morata 16.5%
Lukaku 16.4%

Almost everything about these players is identical. Only one has frequently been lambasted, and called unintelligent

You might want to see how Lukaku has been covered. Rather than say wow, have a look at media watch, who are very good at noticing.

Nothing ****** black folk off more than white people telling us there's no problem FWIW

Oh, there's undoubtedly still big racial problems in this Country. Black and white. That's a society issue as much as we've made massive strides forward. But the suggestion that black footballers are being judged/ treated differently by the media because of the colour of their skin ....

I said 'wow' as that was the simplest and politest response I could give without getting into the same overt bigotry and racism being thrown around from those trying to make a point of condoning it.

That kind of underlying agenda, which it is for it to come out like that, ****** any decent person off. Regardless of colour or creed. The suggestion that black athletes are treated differently by the mainstream media down to the colour of their skin ..... Yeah, I find that abhorrent in 2018 that anyone would even try run with that outdated stereotype. That's as much part of any problem as anything else.

F-me, Carragher and Neville lead a F-ing media witchhunt against Karius last year that was beyond disgraceful and lead to the manager, surprisingly for him, caving when he never should have and taking him out of the limelight after a mere 10 games. Uncannily, the very LAST thing anyone thought of was that it was because he was a White Northern European. Or Lovren getting scandalously pulled from pillar to post the media when he's had a couple of years of personal **** to deal with off the park. Should we go equate that to a colored counter-part maybe going through just as poor run of form but not getting the same press? No, because that would absolutely batshit ludicrous.

But I'm not getting into an argument on race. As that's what it will fast become. An argument as people, naturally, with such emotion at play, get heated. So I'm walking away from this leaving you all to it. As eye-opening as it's been .

PSG have been in contact with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte for several months, board is entirely convinced of his qualities as a replacement for Unai Emery, according to @DiMarzio.

Back