The Chelsea Thread

PROPER strange time these when I actually defended Chelsea yesterday from a bitter chatting utter wham.

He was madly trying to make the point that at least Rafa has a proper European pedigree and was stepping into a far better situation after Ancelotti than Tommy Tucker did last year at Chelsea. (Don't ask. The Ev and logic/ basic common sense never have gone hand-in-hand. 🤦🏼‍♂️).

The gobshite quickly quietened back down when it was pointed out, among other things, that love them or hate them, Chelsea has just come off the best season of any side in Europe by winning the biggest prize of all.

1626693273191.png

Simon Johnson
@SJohnsonSport
#CFC are close to losing three of their best academy players - Lewis Bate, Valentino Livramento and Myles Peart-Harris - to other Premier League clubs.

Myles Peart-Harris close to joining Brentford
Lewis Bate no interested in a contract renewal
Clubs interested: West Ham, Leeds, Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton
West Ham & Leeds are the most keen
Brighton are pushing for Livramento

Simon Johnson
@SJohnsonSport
#CFC are close to losing three of their best academy players - Lewis Bate, Valentino Livramento and Myles Peart-Harris - to other Premier League clubs.

Myles Peart-Harris close to joining Brentford
Lewis Bate no interested in a contract renewal
Clubs interested: West Ham, Leeds, Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton
West Ham & Leeds are the most keen
Brighton are pushing for Livramento
Seeing also links and talks that we are in front with Bate coming over. Would be very good catch to bolster our future midfield. Defineltly he can see more gametime and learning from Bielsa as huge oprtunity. If u work hard Bielsa will give u game time.

Seeing also links and talks that we are in front with Bate coming over. Would be very good catch to bolster our future midfield. Defineltly he can see more gametime and learning from Bielsa as huge oprtunity. If u work hard Bielsa will give u game time.
Yeah I seen that. We are linked with Liveramento who is absolute class attacking player. Chelsea losing some serious talent!

My prediction: We dont end up signing anyone in the window.

For too long, the club has splashed out money on mediocre squad players like Drinkwater, Zappacosta and Bakayoko.Hopefully, that has changed. We have quality youth talent to complement the squad.

I’m gonna’ be careful what I say here as, whatever my views on Chelseas current manager in particular, I hold the European Cup in such high regard, disrespecting the current holders would be churlish and petty. Respect where it’s due until they are no longer in that position.

I don’t know where to bracket Chelsea this year? I still think they badly need a top bracket goalie to really think about competing again. And the squad still looks unbalanced to me. So it’s interesting to me that Alc doesn’t think they’ll add, But if anyone is going to close the gap on City and L’pool, you’d fancy Chelsea being that team. I just don’t see them putring uo a 90 plus point season which is the crazy mad standard now the top 2 will doubtless be pushing themselves to again. But they are, or should be, a level above the likes of Leicester and Utd so third seems a realistic target and progression. And then see where the European Cup defence winds up.

And I’m not jealous of missing out on Belfast and the SC in a few weeks.No Sir. Not at all ….. Honest to God …..

Last edited:
The main reason I dont think we will add is because top-tier talent is just not available in this market.

We badly need a striker but there is no chance we get Haaland this summer. I am not big on Lukaku either especially for the sums being thrown around. No hope of getting Kane as well.

I think we are fine at all the other positions. Not saying everything is top quality but its good enough. Striker is where the real problem lies.

Not being up on Chelsea this summer naturally, what's the situation with Ziach (Sp?) now out of interest?