The Chelsea Thread

Not being up on Chelsea this summer naturally, what's the situation with Ziach (Sp?) now out of interest?
Seen a few reports Tuchel doesn’t fancy him and he won’t be first choice. Think the Athletic did a piece about a month ago that he had words with Tuchel and was becoming frustrated as his mins were getting less on the pitch as the season went on.

Seen a few reports Tuchel doesn’t fancy him and he won’t be first choice. Think the Athletic did a piece about a month ago that he had words with Tuchel and was becoming frustrated as his mins were getting less on the pitch as the season went on.

That’s what I’d read too which just seems all the madder after a year and plays into my view that as individually talented as Chelsea’s squad is, its an unbalanced one. Like just buying named, albeit quality, talent without considering the fit yer know?

Interesting to see how their approach changes going forward if they’re all in on Tuchel.

That’s what I’d read too which just seems all the madder after a year and plays into my view that as individually talented as Chelsea’s squad is, its an unbalanced one. Like just buying named, albeit quality, talent without considering the fit yer know?

Interesting to see how their approach changes going forward if they’re all in on Tuchel.
With there unbalanced squad. No top STR and GK and potentially no signings add to that Tuchel being known to rub some players up wrong. It could all go pairshaped after a great CL win.

Defense situation is more than good for Chelsea only in year or two CB is a must. But for now class ST would elevate them so much. I dont see the unbalance that people are saying. Only thing in midfield u are missing is Kante backup and i dont really rate Kovacic.

Oh yeah he’s been solid mate. Wasn’t saying he’s ***** lol 😋
It is maddening how they got fluked with Kepa. Dudes market value is also made huge drop to 13mil :D + his wages and impossible to movie him somewhere withtout making a bit less back.

Although it gives me no pleasure to say it, congratulations on doubling down on being the best side in Europe last year by adding the Super Cup.

Which all now pulls you level with Utd as Englands second most successful club in UEFA/ International competition history and gives Chelsea a nice cushion as the clear second most successful English club in UEFA competition history. Along with being England's second most successful club in European Super Cup wins.

Which is all; the madder as 7 of Chelsea's 8 European successes' has come in the last 23-years!

No better way to start the European season than doing the European double.

This Chelsea feels like a later Mourinho Chelsea. Pragmatic and not very fun to watch. While not conceding many never really look like scoring either.

Look like a great cup side but can’t see it translating into a title push. Unless Lukaku goes up a level. And some of last years signings seriously improve.

He left a boy and now comes back a man. Welcome back Big Rom! Now lets give City and Liverpool the fight of their lives for the title.

This Chelsea feels like a later Mourinho Chelsea. Pragmatic and not very fun to watch. While not conceding many never really look like scoring either.

Look like a great cup side but can’t see it translating into a title push. Unless Lukaku goes up a level. And some of last years signings seriously improve.

Lukaku does not need to go up a level. If he can score 20 goals in the season (which he has already done in the EPL), we can compete for the title.

Agreed that last years signings need to improve though. Both Havertz and Werner need to become more consistent.

He left a boy and now comes back a man. Welcome back Big Rom! Now lets give City and Liverpool the fight of their lives for the title.

The third game of the season is fixing to be a belter.

Not sure what Chelsea’s first two games are without checking but I’d imagine both teams will be 100%. And Anfield will be wild for a Sat’day tea-time game.

Can’t wait for that one.

Lukaku does not need to go up a level. If he can score 20 goals in the season (which he has already done in the EPL), we can compete for the title.

Agreed that last years signings need to improve though. Both Havertz and Werner need to become more consistent.
That’s a big if with the amount of chances Chelsea have created under Tuchel so far. Admittedly a small sample size till now. Lukaku getting 20 gls won’t make you challengers either. You will need a fair few gls from the rest to challenge City and Pool.

That’s a big if with the amount of chances Chelsea have created under Tuchel so far. Admittedly a small sample size till now. Lukaku getting 20 gls won’t make you challengers either. You will need a fair few gls from the rest to challenge City and Pool.

Mate, Man City won the league last season with Gundogan as their top scorer with 13 goals. They had a fair few others who hit 9/10 goals like Foden and Mahrez.

Lukaku needs to deliver 20 goals. Everyone else like Werner, Havertz, Mount and Pulisic need to hit 6-10 each.

Mate, Man City won the league last season with Gundogan as their top scorer with 13 goals. They had a fair few others who hit 9/10 goals like Foden and Mahrez.

Lukaku needs to deliver 20 goals. Everyone else like Werner, Havertz, Mount and Pulisic need to hit 6-10 each.
Last season isn’t really what to judge on. City normally have multiple players in double figures. Pool were blighted with injuries. Chelsea were lucky to get top 4. There needs to be a big jump from Chelsea this year to think about challenging. Lukaku getting 20 gls and the rest around the 6-10 mark won’t cut it to close a 20 point gap.

We had 2 players with 20 gls and 3 with 10 and a few just below that and still finished 12 points behind. Our problem was conceding stupid set pieces and dropping to many draws at OT. You guys look absolute brick walls defensively but can’t see where the gls are coming from.

Last season isn’t really what to judge on. City normally have multiple players in double figures. Pool were blighted with injuries. Chelsea were lucky to get top 4. There needs to be a big jump from Chelsea this year to think about challenging. Lukaku getting 20 gls and the rest around the 6-10 mark won’t cut it to close a 20 point gap.

We had 2 players with 20 gls and 3 with 10 and a few just below that and still finished 12 points behind. Our problem was conceding stupid set pieces and dropping to many draws at OT. You guys look absolute brick walls defensively but can’t see where the gls are coming from.

See I see defence as an issue. 5 at the back I’ve never been a big fan of the English game. ( I know. Conte won the league. But he’s an exception to the norm.). And I just don’t think the goalie is upto much better than a Lloris/ Mignolet type. Capable of belter saves. But also capable of howlers. But I appreciate I’m in the minority there with their backline

The ridiculous package aside, I really like Lukaku and he should be among the leagues top scorers.

Completely with you on last season not being much of a barometer of anything. And the honeymoon was wearing off for Tuchel the run-in. As you alluded to, if Rodgers side had any sort of a backbone, they miss out on the top 4 completely. Which should NEVER have been the case with 10 to go when L’pool were double figures behind them I think? Something mad.

But then he’s doubled down in Europe again this week so it’d be churlish of me to really slate him.

I think Chelsea will be comfortable top 4. But I don’t see them having a 90 plus point season. A really talented but unbalanced squad to me. A bit like what you lads often nark about with Utd. Put together under different managers with different styles. A lot of which doesn’t fitTuchel.

Which madly, is probably what its going to take again to even be in the conversation for the league.