The Chelsea Thread

Meh Im not worried still early days and even if he doesnt score that many this season there is still plenty of seasons left in him ;)

Yea, he needs to adopt to football in England XD

Not with all the kicks he gets from defenders, his legs won't last too long.

I also recall CJACKO saying Torres can be took out of a game by giving him a kick early on, oh how times change ;)

I think you will also remember me saying he could do with another big presence upfront with him.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

I seems that in a matter of days Chelsea fans and Liverpool fans basicly traded their opinions on Torres XD

Well i never said once that he was **** or that he was finished etc. I said Liverpool played him upfront alone with no back-up so players kicked lumps out of him. Basicly i feel Liverpool relied on him too much and over used him and he was burnt out.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

As we know Chelsea's youth side will play Man Utd in the semi finals of the FA Youth cup very shortly. One thing we do know is that Danny Pappoe who was sent off today for the reserves will face a 3 game ban and will miss the 1st leg. Its a huge blow as he is a massive part of the youth side. But on the plus side is that Utd will have 2 players missing (cant remember who) as they got 2 red cards in the 3-2 comeback win against Liverpool.

I think you will also remember me saying he could do with another big presence upfront with him.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Well i never said once that he was **** or that he was finished etc. I said Liverpool played him upfront alone with no back-up so players kicked lumps out of him. Basicly i feel Liverpool relied on him too much and over used him and he was burnt out.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

As we know Chelsea's youth side will play Man Utd in the semi finals of the FA Youth cup very shortly. One thing we do know is that Danny Pappoe who was sent off today for the reserves will face a 3 game ban and will miss the 1st leg. Its a huge blow as he is a massive part of the youth side. But on the plus side is that Utd will have 2 players missing (cant remember who) as they got 2 red cards in the 3-2 comeback win against Liverpool.
That match was such a kick in the teeth, we destroyed them for most of the match too :S Ah well, our youth team are super, we don't need gratification ;)
Coady'd **** Chelsea up single handedly ;)

That match was such a kick in the teeth, we destroyed them for most of the match too :S Ah well, our youth team are super, we don't need gratification ;)
Coady'd **** Chelsea up single handedly ;)

Haha well we will never know will we because your out now.

Morrison will rape you (K)

We'll see mate lol. Watch out for McEachran and Clifford in the middle mate.

Not necessarily. Paul Pogba is likely to serve his one match ban this weekend. Tyler Blackett though will probably miss at least one, probably both, of the 2 legs seeing as his was a straight red for violent conduct, 3 match ban.
Plus we should have one of our strikers back for this game. Will Keane missed out with a dead leg so you'd hope he'd be able to play in both legs. John cofie will probably still be out after having knee surgery. We had to play a winger and a midfielder upfront against liverpool.

Just read that both bans only take effect from the 27th of march so pogba will probably miss one leg and blackett both legs.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Paul Pogba is likely to serve his one match ban this weekend. Tyler Blackett though will probably miss at least one, probably both, of the 2 legs seeing as his was a straight red for violent conduct, 3 match ban.
Plus we should have one of our strikers back for this game. Will Keane missed out with a dead leg so you'd hope he'd be able to play in both legs. John cofie will probably still be out after having knee surgery. We had to play a winger and a midfielder upfront against liverpool.

Just read that both bans only take effect from the 27th of march so pogba will probably miss one leg and blackett both legs.

I dont know much about Blackett but i know Pogba is a big player for Utd. Looks as if both sides will miss a big name player then. Im really looking forward to the games and if the home tie was on a weekend then i would consider going as i love watching out youth team.

He was burnt out but he could actually score for us. What is he now then?

He was burnt out but he could actually score for us. What is he now then?

Last season and this season he looked like he had had enough at Pool. Now this is a new challenge and although the timing isent great a new start maybe just what he needs.

Last season and this season he looked like he had had enough at Pool. Now this is a new challenge and although the timing isent great a new start maybe just what he needs.
he is settling in, you're happy with him there. liverpool fans are supposedly happy he's gone. He'll start scoring soon enough

I don't reckon he'll start playing well until next season, and that's assuming you play him as a lone striker with balls being played into channels for him. He's one of those strikers whose requirements you have to meet to get goals out of him. If not he'll just sulk as he did under Hodgson (rightly so). What's going to happen to Drogba?

I don't reckon he'll start playing well until next season, and that's assuming you play him as a lone striker with balls being played into channels for him. He's one of those strikers whose requirements you have to meet to get goals out of him. If not he'll just sulk as he did under Hodgson (rightly so). What's going to happen to Drogba?
drogba is most likely gone, there can be only one of that kind of striker starting and he isnt one to sit on the bench for extended periods

Yer i can see us changing our system to fit Torres as from next season. One player i think who will link up really well with him is McEachran, he feeds balls through very well and im sure hima nd Torres could get a good partnership going.

You raise a good point about Drogba and im not sure mate. He is now 33 and maybe just maybe we have seen the best of him now.If Mourinho is still at Madrid next season then i can see him going their and maybe even Kaka being part of the deal playing behind Torres in a kind of 4-2-3-1 formation. But if Mourinho is not at Madrid then i can see him taking a huge pay cut in a very small deal going back to Marseille.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

he is settling in, you're happy with him there. liverpool fans are supposedly happy he's gone. He'll start scoring soon enough

Yer i think that sums it up mate, i think the deal was best for all partys i really do.

only thing i hate chelsea is spending big amounts. i do believe there are many young talented (unknown) pleayers to sign but always we do follows big names. now it is linked with KAKA. i am a chelsea fan from the last 5-6 years (before that i haven't support any team or i dont really know about English football or any club football)

i believe we have to follow the players which are in between 18-24 or max 25. we have enough experienced guys in our team. Lamp, terry, drogba, essien, alex, ... so need fresh blood. Luiz is OK. worth signing but i still cant understand why we spent 50m for torres. i dont say that torres is bad. he is bet when "HE IS IN FORM".

only thing i hate chelsea is spending big amounts. i do believe there are many young talented (unknown) pleayers to sign but always we do follows big names. now it is linked with KAKA. i am a chelsea fan from the last 5-6 years (before that i haven't support any team or i dont really know about English football or any club football)

i believe we have to follow the players which are in between 18-24 or max 25. we have enough experienced guys in our team. Lamp, terry, drogba, essien, alex, ... so need fresh blood. Luiz is OK. worth signing but i still cant understand why we spent 50m for torres. i dont say that torres is bad. he is bet when "HE IS IN FORM".

We tried to give some of the youth players first team football earlier in the season but it seemed we fast tracked them a little too early. The likes of Bruma, Van Aanholt, Kakuta etc i beleive will be big players for Chelsea but they needed first team football expirenece and they are getting that at the moment. I fully expect Chelsea to sell a few of the older player again this summer and try go with the young lads yet again next season. The difference we hope is that the young lads will have come back wiser and more expireneced and better as footballers.