The Deal or No Deal thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 453K
I have just been offered Leighton Baines for £9.9m in March 2012 as Tottenham manager, I asked the board to negotiate as I don't have the cash at the moment and for once am using Bale as left winger and only really have a weak LB in Sime Vraskjlo...

Has anyone had this before, the reason why I am asking is that:

1) Do the board overpay for Baines (as I could arrange the £9.9m in a few weeks)
2) What salary do they put him on?
3) I have never asked the board to sign a player for me, ever, do I have the final say in accepting or rejecting it or not or do the board just agree everything behind the scenes?

cheers!

I have just been offered Leighton Baines for £9.9m in March 2012 as Tottenham manager, I asked the board to negotiate as I don't have the cash at the moment and for once am using Bale as left winger and only really have a weak LB in Sime Vraskjlo... Has anyone had this before, the reason why I am asking is that: 1) Do the board overpay for Baines (as I could arrange the £9.9m in a few weeks) 2) What salary do they put him on? 3) I have never asked the board to sign a player for me, ever, do I have the final say in accepting or rejecting it or not or do the board just agree everything behind the scenes? cheers!
I think they probably overpay (Spurs's board paid £40m for Hummels once when Chelsea had had a £30m bid accepted). salary wise I'm not sure but might be double current wage And finally,no,I don't think you do get a final say,the board just do everything. Oh,yeah I do think you should allow it to go through.

Last edited:
cheers pal :)

will let you know, Sime just scored an OG vs Utd in the 6th round FA cup vs United... made 4 ccc's to their 0 and 1:1 at the moment! lol

I have just been offered Leighton Baines for £9.9m in March 2012 as Tottenham manager, I asked the board to negotiate as I don't have the cash at the moment and for once am using Bale as left winger and only really have a weak LB in Sime Vraskjlo...

Has anyone had this before, the reason why I am asking is that:

1) Do the board overpay for Baines (as I could arrange the £9.9m in a few weeks)
2) What salary do they put him on?
3) I have never asked the board to sign a player for me, ever, do I have the final say in accepting or rejecting it or not or do the board just agree everything behind the scenes?

cheers!

U wont be asked anything after the board accepts your request to sign him.The chairman will decide the contact offer and you wont have any say. If other teams are not going for him which would be suprising you should wait for your new budget because chairman generally give crazy wages to players.

well I hope he does not with him, about 68k is enough for him as he is on 35k at the moment, I expect it to go through for around £12m and wages at most, 80k a week which is alright...

lets see

No Deal! Keep him, Probably should sell Leandro ! Your Regens are better than Him.

How are you lining up?

4-3-1-2 or sometimes I use 3cb, 2cm, 1 winger, 1 inside fw, 1 am, 2 poachers.
2 regens are at loan at arsenal and porto, and 1 of them is a new signing so he's at u21 team at the moment and rarely I use as subtitute.

Its gone through, £10m on the dot! not bad! just have to wait to see his salary!

cheers! not a bad deal for the board interaction there :)

4-3-1-2 or sometimes I use 3cb, 2cm, 1 winger, 1 inside fw, 1 am, 2 poachers.
2 regens are at loan at arsenal and porto, and 1 of them is a new signing so he's at u21 team at the moment and rarely I use as subtitute.

If you don't need the money, Than why sell him. If you send him on loan at City, He won't get a game. If you want to sell him, get at least 20m!

I'm playing as Southampton, Currently in January of the first season and in a strong position to become champions.

I've managed to get Sunderland to bid £6.5 Million for Jack Cork. Currently valued at £2.2Million.

I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1 with him playing as a DM but he is not a natural DM, but he is playing very well so far he has a avenge rating of 7.47 in 20 games with a MOM in the last match with a 8.8 rating.

Should a sell him at that price? Or should I keep him as he a decent Premier league player?

If I do sell him any tips on who I should buy to replace him? I have already brought Hendry Thomas,

I'm playing as Southampton, Currently in January of the first season and in a strong position to become champions.

I've managed to get Sunderland to bid £6.5 Million for Jack Cork. Currently valued at £2.2Million.

I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1 with him playing as a DM but he is not a natural DM, but he is playing very well so far he has a avenge rating of 7.47 in 20 games with a MOM in the last match with a 8.8 rating.

Should a sell him at that price? Or should I keep him as he a decent Premier league player?

If I do sell him any tips on who I should buy to replace him? I have already brought Hendry Thomas,

If he is playing that well for you out of position, I would be tempted with keeping him

Player: Marvin Martin
Team you are managing: Newcastle
Team who are selling: Sochaux Montbe
Offer: 15M
Year: He is 25 years old, 2013/2014
I have Christien Erickson, Feilipe Anderson, cabye, gydif sig, ruben jensson and Jali as CM's and at least one of them will moan if I sign another, but its my first season in the champ league, so will probably have to sell one of them , but who? Erickson was injured a lot last season hence all the extras!

I'm playing Southampton, a couple of weeks before 2. season (date: 24. July 2012). I play fast-paced attacking football in a 4-4-1-1 formation. So, some months ago, when the new youth players came in, I got some GREAT talents!

Good players for various positions, but the best being striker. I got a 16 year old, fast decent overall rating, and I got a 15 year old, with some very good heading stats, Leon Crupi. He has a 5 star potential (Being the same type of player as Marouane Chamakh - who is great in the game - Leon has the potential tu surpass that)!

As I don't really utilize that kind of striker (and have another great young striker), I considered selling him when Man Utd made an offer. They offered 1.5 mio. GBP. I asked for 3.5 mio., and 40% of profit from next sale. And they accepted!

This is the guy:

View attachment 241864View attachment 241865

So, as I can't ask for more since I suggested the current offer, should I sell or not? :)

Btw, his contract isn't running out until 2016, so it's not like I have to sell!

- Sorry for the long post :P felt I needed to explain a bit, since he is a newgen...

Player: Marvin Martin
Team you are managing: Newcastle
Team who are selling: Sochaux Montbe
Offer: 15M
Year: He is 25 years old, 2013/2014
I have Christien Erickson, Feilipe Anderson, cabye, gydif sig, ruben jensson and Jali as CM's and at least one of them will moan if I sign another, but its my first season in the champ league, so will probably have to sell one of them , but who? Erickson was injured a lot last season hence all the extras!

Deal! i'd get rid of felipe anderson and jali.

I'm playing Southampton, a couple of weeks before 2. season (date: 24. July 2012). I play fast-paced attacking football in a 4-4-1-1 formation. So, some months ago, when the new youth players came in, I got some GREAT talents!

Good players for various positions, but the best being striker. I got a 16 year old, fast decent overall rating, and I got a 15 year old, with some very good heading stats, Leon Crupi. He has a 5 star potential (Being the same type of player as Marouane Chamakh - who is great in the game - Leon has the potential tu surpass that)!

As I don't really utilize that kind of striker (and have another great young striker), I considered selling him when Man Utd made an offer. They offered 1.5 mio. GBP. I asked for 3.5 mio., and 40% of profit from next sale. And they accepted!

This is the guy:

View attachment 241864View attachment 241865

So, as I can't ask for more since I suggested the current offer, should I sell or not? :)

Btw, his contract isn't running out until 2016, so it's not like I have to sell!

- Sorry for the long post :P felt I needed to explain a bit, since he is a newgen...

Deal mate

Player: Anderson
Team you are managing: Man United
Team who are buying/selling: Real Madrid
Offer: £18m
Year: 2011/12
Other Info: I try to speed this team up, so Anderson fits for me, but I think that's quite a lot for him.

Player: Anderson
Team you are managing: Man United
Team who are buying/selling: Real Madrid
Offer: £18m
Year: 2011/12
Other Info: I try to speed this team up, so Anderson fits for me, but I think that's quite a lot for him.

Andersons **** and for that money you can nearly buy Hamsik, DEAL.

should i sell

player:View attachment 242046

team i am managing: Coventry

team who are buying hsv

offer: 8,000,000

other info: need money as there is an awesome Brazilian regen on the market for about 6 million. but afraid that this guy might turn out world class and move to one of the big teams for triple that price

player:View attachment 242046

team i am managing: Coventry

team who are buying hsv

offer: 8,000,000

other info: need money as there is an awesome Brazilian regen on the market for about 6 million. but afraid that this guy might turn out world class and move to one of the big teams for triple that price
Deal,he's an average CM

Back