The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I was going to mention his temperament. He seems to throw these childish strops every so often when taken off and when i seen that game him and Moyes where arguing on the touchline, i was surprised to see him in the team the next week! This kid Vellios looks sharp, but again not a 15-20 goal a season striker - yet. But as we are seeing, Moyes can no longer work his magic and bring someone cheap up from the Championship or lower leagues (Jagielka, Cahill, Arteta - and even Baines) with them al having a hefty price tag. For example, we bought Mikel Arteta for 2m about 5 years back, Anthony Pilkington transfered from Huddersfield (League 1) to QPR for 2m this season. Prices are continuing to rise which is a big problem for us.

As demonstrated by Man Utd's £16.5 million for Phil Jones. Pretty much set a precedent for the transfer window unfortunately. However he'll be a quality player so they're pretty much investing for a player with huge potential

As demonstrated by Man Utd's £16.5 million for Phil Jones. Pretty much set a precedent for the transfer window unfortunately. However he'll be a quality player so they're pretty much investing for a player with huge potential

Exactly, its tough to get a coup these days with the money flying around. That said, 16.5 for him will turn out to be a great and adequate price tag because like you said, he will be a star. But again, you need money to invest, money we don't have. If we spent 16.5 on a player and god-forbid he flopped, we would be in deep trouble, we have no back-up plans.

Which makes me wonder, why a club like Arsenal didn't come across players like Arteta, Jagielka and Cahill before we did-and Baines? If we have the ability to come across these sort of players, surely Arsenal would to. If they had picked them before we did, they would be in a very different situation to what they are now. Sadly, so would we

new to this, actually joined a while ago but have never been on the forums
big bluenose go to as much games as i can home&away living in bootle.

Which makes me wonder, why a club like Arsenal didn't come across players like Arteta, Jagielka and Cahill before we did-and Baines? If we have the ability to come across these sort of players, surely Arsenal would to. If they had picked them before we did, they would be in a very different situation to what they are now. Sadly, so would we

true mate, but wenger always goes for younger players or players that have already good enough as it is , nasri - van persie
heard of a couple of friends arsenals lining up a 9m bid, surely moyes wont accept? id be gutted to lose baines even for 15 m
he'd take atleast 10 to replace at the least then the rest would probably go towards covering debuts, having no deecent cover at lb makes it even worse plus baines is a massive way to our play BIG no from me at any price less than 15 + and even 15 wouldnt be much help to us.

cant wait until we start the season, high hopes for me but im like that every year just hope we get of to a good start
quality team on paper.

Howard , Baines, Jags, Distan , Coleman , Fellaini , arteta , rodwell , Cahill, Saha

that barkleys showing good signs too looks like hes going to be a top class player just hope
his progress isnt as slow as rodwells who we all had high hopes for although he still is good just not
reaching what was expected. COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS

Last edited:
Kenwright just comes across arrogant from that.

Snipits

Mark, “We’ve heard nothing since Bill…James Vaughan left, that’s it, no other news, no transfers.” Bill responded, “We’ve got no money” ---------- Never of guessed that! :p

“Okay Bill, how do we get out of this trouble?” Bill replied that didn’t he just say how do we get out of this? Bill, “Look, we have just done a document to the bank which says you can’t stop the football club from trading…do you not think the bank doesn’t ask me every week how we’re doing with the sale? They’re ******* desperate. So what I’ve told them is ‘don’t kill us this season’…no I will not sell Jagielka, just as last year I was hung drawn and quartered for not selling Arteta. You know the four players we don’t dare sell. Baines, Jagielka, Fellaini and Tim Howard; In simple arithmetic, if you want me show you, £5m a year for 9 years is £45m…The Pienaar money has gone to the bank.”Mark, “Okay Bill, there you go, that’s an answer we haven’t had from you before.”

Snipits

Mark, “We’ve heard nothing since Bill…James Vaughan left, that’s it, no other news, no transfers.” Bill responded, “We’ve got no money” ---------- Never of guessed that! :p

“Okay Bill, how do we get out of this trouble?” Bill replied that didn’t he just say how do we get out of this? Bill, “Look, we have just done a document to the bank which says you can’t stop the football club from trading…do you not think the bank doesn’t ask me every week how we’re doing with the sale? They’re ******* desperate. So what I’ve told them is ‘don’t kill us this season’…no I will not sell Jagielka, just as last year I was hung drawn and quartered for not selling Arteta. You know the four players we don’t dare sell. Baines, Jagielka, Fellaini and Tim Howard; In simple arithmetic, if you want me show you, £5m a year for 9 years is £45m…The Pienaar money has gone to the bank.”Mark, “Okay Bill, there you go, that’s an answer we haven’t had from you before.”

Maybe yeah. Biggest surprise to me though was the fact that he actually communicated. Although I now don't expect those players to leave now, I have a feeling other players-either back-up or first team, will be sacrificed to raise cash-not including Yobo and Yakubu, as I expect them to be leaving anyway.

However, if things don't get sorted this season, this time I will expect bad things to happen next year.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

For example, if Jagielka was sold for £18 million, Moyes would only get £8 million, the rest of the money going to balance the books, wages, loan re-payments. So if Yakubu and Yobo were sold for a combined value of £5-6 milion for example, well you can imagine where that would go straight away. It's a situation that needs resolving ASAP. Have a feeling if gets worse (which is highly likely), we could possibly see a major ovehaul of players and maybe staff next season. And it will be a very painful process too.

And I've just read it again, properly word for word, and....it actually confirms things. Things are a lot worse than acknowledged, and he's condradicted himself a fair few times. And some of it feels insulting, especially to the people he was talking to, calling them "son" and interrupting. But I found the statement "every club wants to be like Everton" startling. I'm sure every club would love to be in our financial mess, forcing the manager to spend next to nothing, unable to sort out the mess, facing the fact that the club could now recieve no more help from the banks.....jesus wept. One of the rare occassions where I'm lost for words.......

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

The Everton board are reportedly taking legal action against various people regarding the release of the above information. Erm.....why? I'm sorry, but if the board aren't prepared to give fans the information we need to hear regarding the future of the club, then for it to be released is bound to happen. Deal with it. If they were honest and upfront from the beginning, this wouldn't have happened.

On the other hand, would be additional money coming in now lol

Last edited:

Snipits

To be 100% fair to Bill, id be ****** off having to answer the same questions week-after-week. We don't have money, i dont see why so called "fans" keep asking that, i think its obvious.. no transfer activity, hmm, what could that mean. Doesn't take a genius. I think he has good intentions, he doesn't want to sell to a "millionaire" who will make a few signings then bankrupt the club, he's looking for stability. I heard him at the end of last season saying that they have had around 4 or 5 offers for the club, but none have given a serious or secure plan of how they will run the club. He loves the club and will always look for the best.

Read in the Mail today that Kenwright had previously received death threats because he continued backing Moyes. What ******* numpty's! He's the only man keeping this club from the dreaded lower leagues.

I seen the players he wouldn't dare sell, and im a little worried. Usually you would see your Arteta's and Rodwell's on that list, but from all the indications and hints Moyes has given about being prepared to sell if the right offer comes in, it seems like these 2, he'd be willing to part with. If you offered around 20 for Rodwell, id ****** your hand off at it, i think injuries have taken their toll and he won't reach his "england centre-back" potential. Arteta in the other hand is a gem, and a player we would seriously struggle without. Wouldn't consider offers for him, but if one around the 12m mark came in, i think the board would consider it.

Except for Barkley. Looked the most likely to score. Apart from that no invention whatsoever.

Indeed Barkley was more than impressive. Loving the kid. But the rest of team seemed lost.

Except for Barkley. Looked the most likely to score. Apart from that no invention whatsoever.

Barkley was the only positive player taking attempts. How much chances did we miss though!? Felli and Cahill should have both scored jesus christ, the team was so poor. Even the ever reliable Baines and Jags weren't up to standard.

WHY CAN'T WE START A SEASON WELL!?

I have a feeling the press interview that Kenwright did has clearly affected the players. He effectively said Arteta and Rodwell can be sold, and didn't even guarantee Nevilles future. Releasing that interview will backfire I feel

I have a feeling the press interview that Kenwright did has clearly affected the players. He effectively said Arteta and Rodwell can be sold, and didn't even guarantee Nevilles future. Releasing that interview will backfire I feel

Yep. Couldn't have came at a worse time. Eve of our season, everyones feeling optimistic despite the lack of transfer activity, many players given the verdicts and spuring the team and fans to victory then some ******* jackass posts something that's like a knife in the heart of all Evertonians.

Sad times, im fearful for us this season.

Yep. Couldn't have came at a worse time. Eve of our season, everyones feeling optimistic despite the lack of transfer activity, many players given the verdicts and spuring the team and fans to victory then some ******* jackass posts something that's like a knife in the heart of all Evertonians.

Sad times, im fearful for us this season.

Well we won't go down that much is for sure, but on that performance can hardly see top 10. Picked us to finish 13th and looking likely. But only be first game, but it's incredibly obvious it's a dire situation. No player is impervious to a clubs bleak situation

The game today was not because of the manager, not the players the board and before you say aw another post about finding a scapegoat Everton have not spent over 10m on a player since we signed Yakubu which is a disgrace signing about 1 player a season and as other teams spend money on players they will all get better and they are leaving us behind and unless something changes soon Everton will be in the championship in the next few years, yes another doom and gloom post but who honestly thinks we are getting better as a club

Lost 7 of 9 opening games. Says it all really.

Still, we'll be guaranteed a win in November

Last edited:
The game today was not because of the manager, not the players the board and before you say aw another post about finding a scapegoat Everton have not spent over 10m on a player since we signed Yakubu which is a disgrace signing about 1 player a season and as other teams spend money on players they will all get better and they are leaving us behind and unless something changes soon Everton will be in the championship in the next few years, yes another doom and gloom post but who honestly thinks we are getting better as a club

Actually we signed both Bilyaletdinov and Feallaini for over 10m after Yakubu.

Both really, there are no excuses for that performance. I think its clear we need to sell a few to bring in a decent striker. If we could get 5 for Beckford, make 7 or 8 back for Bily then that would give us 13. And we would have around 6 to spend, which isn't alot but it would give us something to work with.

Back