The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
DM admitted earlier he expects at least two players to leave before transfer window closes. Guessing that would be Yakubu and Yobo. But he says at least. Would prefer to hear the words "at most"

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

DM interview with Sky Sports post matchMoyes bemoans poor start | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Clearly lost the sparkle and grin he used to have. The pressure is clearly getting to him now which is unsurprising.

Yakubu could still do a job no?

No. He can be good in some games, and poor in others. And he's definately lost strength, and just too inconsistent. Think he's more of a player for the big occassions but too streaky in the rest. Real shame as he used to be really good and cause hassle for opponents. Don't dislike him or anything-just lost it at players eventually do. More of a championship player

If theres one golden oldie from the past we could use right now it would be Kevin Campbell. **** even Marcus Bent. Tried their socks off for the club

If we were putting Vela on loan WTH did we send him to Spain :S

Should have sent him to you lot and gave him first team prem football for a season lol

If we were putting Vela on loan WTH did we send him to Spain :S

Should have sent him to you lot and gave him first team prem football for a season lol

I'm sorry but we need good players not other club's deadwood!

Joking aside, he could've been useful, but we've got a few youngsters of our own that could use a few games, like Vellios or McAleny.

If there's one thing that astounds me most of all about the young players, its the remarkable mental capacity to cope with the pressure of playing on the biggest stage of league football in the world. It really is incredible. Don't know if it's the man management of the coaches, DM, or what...never ceases to amaze me.

If there's one thing that astounds me most of all about the young players, its the remarkable mental capacity to cope with the pressure of playing on the biggest stage of league football in the world. It really is incredible. Don't know if it's the man management of the coaches, DM, or what...never ceases to amaze me.

A lot of it is due to the kids themselves. When Lamela played for relegation-threatened River he was easily the best player on the pitch, and a few other kids also put some good performances. But others just couldn't take the pressure, like Funes Mori, for instance (Who isn't nearly as good as Lamela in the first place).

If theres one golden oldie from the past we could use right now it would be Kevin Campbell. **** even Marcus Bent. Tried their socks off for the club

Or Duncan Fergusson, someone with a bit of bite and wears their heart on their sleeve. Big Dunc had the 'never say die' attitude.

Im all for givin' the youngsters more games. IN fact, i would drop some of the senior players and let the younger lads show them what it means to them, they sure as **** would give 110% to the club unlike some of the players at Everton of late.

I noticed today also, i don't know if it was because he was a little rusty or if he is getting old or whatever, but Distin didn't look his usually self. Last season he turned attackers constantly whilst on the ball, today when he tried it it failed and he had to go back. At 34 we have got to have a replacement in mind and i would like Heitinga there. I don't think the club realizes we have got a central defender at the club who got to the World Cup final! He is obviously good in that position yet we play him CM.

Or Duncan Fergusson, someone with a bit of bite and wears their heart on their sleeve. Big Dunc had the 'never say die' attitude.

Im all for givin' the youngsters more games. IN fact, i would drop some of the senior players and let the younger lads show them what it means to them, they sure as **** would give 110% to the club unlike some of the players at Everton of late.

I noticed today also, i don't know if it was because he was a little rusty or if he is getting old or whatever, but Distin didn't look his usually self. Last season he turned attackers constantly whilst on the ball, today when he tried it it failed and he had to go back. At 34 we have got to have a replacement in mind and i would like Heitinga there. I don't think the club realizes we have got a central defender at the club who got to the World Cup final! He is obviously good in that position yet we play him CM.

thing with distin also, he was forced to cover other areas of the pitch where other players made mistake, so he was all over the place and just wore him down-plus other managers would've realised his main strength from last season too so will take advantage. And it showed today.

We need Heigtinga to cover DM duties until Fellaini is fully fit. Neville could do it but we need him at RB. The entire squad is right now stretched to breaking point. And tbh I can see Heitinga leaving as he's publicly stated he wants CL football. So that'll be another player we need soon either in this or the next transfer window.

watching MoTD Barkley? looks a great player and has a good shot on him ! :)

Great talent you have there.

watching MoTD Barkley? looks a great player and has a good shot on him ! :)

Great talent you have there.

Going to be quality. But I really don't want to watch the match. In a happy mood right now and really don't want to go to bed unhappy after FT.

Going a bit off topic here, but it's been a while since I last played an Everton save, and I hardly ever go long term (Starts to feel unrealistic when you're in the CL), but has anyone tried developing Barkley? His attributes improve nicely but the longest save I had was 2 seasons long so I don't know how he turns out in the long term. He's got nice PA so he should be good.

Going a bit off topic here, but it's been a while since I last played an Everton save, and I hardly ever go long term (Starts to feel unrealistic when you're in the CL), but has anyone tried developing Barkley? His attributes improve nicely but the longest save I had was 2 seasons long so I don't know how he turns out in the long term. He's got nice PA so he should be good.

He didn't develop as well as I hoped. So gonna wait til FM 12, then start a proper Everton save. His stats will be a lot more realistic after how he's played recently. Well, I hope they'll be improved.

He didn't develop as well as I hoped. So gonna wait til FM 12, then start a proper Everton save. His stats will be a lot more realistic after how he's played recently. Well, I hope they'll be improved.

He's defo getting a CA boost, I can tell you that much. Thought he'd turn out good considering he's -8.

He's defo getting a CA boost, I can tell you that much. Thought he'd turn out good considering he's -8.

Me too. Might have been doing something wrong-can't say. Got him a tutor, gave him some game time, put him out on loan for a bit for more experience.....but nothing significant. didn't dare sell him though-hate selling EFC players. Only thing I can think of was maybe should've got better coaches. Couldn't improve the training facilities because of poor finance (how I lolled at that) though which didn't help.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Great news for Everton fans:
Neville signs new Everton deal | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Much :wub: to ya Phil. You've been inspirational and great for the club.

Me too. Might have been doing something wrong-can't say. Got him a tutor, gave him some game time, put him out on loan for a bit for more experience.....but nothing significant. didn't dare sell him though-hate selling EFC players. Only thing I can think of was maybe should've got better coaches. Couldn't improve the training facilities because of poor finance (how I lolled at that) though which didn't help.

Training facilities aren't that big a deal, though. I had a lot of saves with Arles-Avignon in France and they have the worst facilities ever, yet I turned little Hazard into a French version of 'big' Hazard. Sometimes players with good PA have such a ****** CA that they never get to fulfill their potential.

On a more Everton-related note, I don't sell the core of my team under any circumstances, but a few players always leave to improve finances - Bily for 7m and Osman for 6 is the best call. I love trying to improve the financial misfortunes of the club, even at the cost of player quality.

Re: Phil - Truly great news. Commitment is precisely what we need.

Training facilities aren't that big a deal, though. I had a lot of saves with Arles-Avignon in France and they have the worst facilities ever, yet I turned little Hazard into a French version of 'big' Hazard. Sometimes players with good PA have such a ****** CA that they never get to fulfill their potential.

On a more Everton-related note, I don't sell the core of my team under any circumstances, but a few players always leave to improve finances - Bily for 7m and Osman for 6 is the best call. I love trying to improve the financial misfortunes of the club, even at the cost of player quality.

Can bring myself to sell Osman-he's come up trumps at times and just can't part with him lol. Same with Hibbert. Had offers but rejected them all. They were their hearts on their sleeves-they stay lol. I also make thim coaches too

Back