The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Thing is I would very much rather have long-term financial stability than short-term success. I can see a few of our youngsters becoming first-teamers and I think we have a good enough squad to survive, for now.

Thing is I would very much rather have long-term financial stability than short-term success. I can see a few of our youngsters becoming first-teamers and I think we have a good enough squad to survive, for now.

Definately will survive yeah. That is one bright silver lining to a big black cloud-quality of the youngsters.

Actually we signed both Bilyaletdinov and Feallaini for over 10m after Yakubu.

Both really, there are no excuses for that performance. I think its clear we need to sell a few to bring in a decent striker. If we could get 5 for Beckford, make 7 or 8 back for Bily then that would give us 13. And we would have around 6 to spend, which isn't alot but it would give us something to work with.

Bilyaletdinov wasnt checked wikipedia but Fellaini was but if you look at teams like Sunderland buying players like Larsson and Gyan why dont we buy those types of players it wasnt that long ago we came in the top 4 and I bet Sunderland who werent in this league until a few years ago and they will coe above due to the money there board spend

Bilyaletdinov wasnt checked wikipedia but Fellaini was but if you look at teams like Sunderland buying players like Larsson and Gyan why dont we buy those types of players it wasnt that long ago we came in the top 4 and I bet Sunderland who werent in this league until a few years ago and they will coe above due to the money there board spend

Last time I checked I wasn't ******** banknotes. Odds are Kenwright isn't ******** them, either...

so we need a new owner simple as that

No that simple. Kenwright wants someone who will not lumber the club with debt-there's been a few who were not prepared to release financial information and just left-they're the kind I don't want taking over. We need a new stadium as well. Which we can't afford. And if there was a take over, would they be as patient with David as BK has been? That's why Kenwrights being careful. If we were taken over, and they didn't want David there-I swear I'd hit the dam roof with anger

it worked for Man City

And for Chelsea, and it's working for Liverpool so far. But you don't just show up at a rich guy's door and ask him if he wants to buy your club. Plus, you could end up with some idiotic **** as your owner, who cares little about the club and a lot about his cash, or who is involved in dodgy dealings. Maybe even get renamed to 'Everton Team Riyadh" ala Getafe. There are plenty of examples for this as well.

It's by no means 'simple'.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

After that fried Chicken Ad? Venky's all the way

Please no lol

Time to put to bed the Jagielka rumours once and for all.

Jagielka happy to stay | Sky Sports | Home | Latest

And Fellaini is close to agreeing new contract. Looks like kept core of essential players. Thank god.

To be fair, he was never going to say he wants to leave... Still hopeful.

Here's a depressing fact. Everton are the first PL team to lose 100 PL games. Interview here with David Moyes too

David Moyes 'won't put Everton club at risk' | Mail Online

Ouch. Poor Everton...

When did you become an Arsenal fan? ;)

When did you become an Arsenal fan? ;)

The moment I took a look at Everton's debt? :P

That said we are in no position to challenge for honours, so why destroy our finances to try to climb a little higher up the table?

The moment I took a look at Everton's debt? :P

That said we are in no position to challenge for honours, so why destroy our finances to try to climb a little higher up the table?

Thats the issue though. We're not in a position to challenge, but players like Saha and Baines are aiming for a top 5 finish oO)
Great players, but have they lost their flippin marbles? lol

Thats the issue though. We're not in a position to challenge, but players like Saha and Baines are aiming for a top 5 finish oO)
Great players, but have they lost their flippin marbles? lol

I doubt they actually mean that, but I won't complain if they get us into the top 5!

Well, if it's any consolation WBA are 1-0 up and playing well against Chelsea, or at least that's what the BBC claims. Guess it's not just us being **** atm!

Well, if it's any consolation WBA are 1-0 up and playing well against Chelsea, or at least that's what the BBC claims. Guess it's not just us being **** atm!

They're pretty much spot on. Hearing the words disjointed and poor from chelsea fans

it worked for Man City

Not every club gets taking over by owners that rich. We can't just get a takeover then spend 100's of millions. Id be happy with 10 million every window. That would provide a bit of cash then if we wanted to go big, then you o what every other club does.. sell.

That can't be right. Both players Fellaini and Bily we're bought AFTER Yakubu, trust me.

I think top half finish will be a big enough challenge never mind 5th :P Hmm, i think we might sneak it though, i think maybe we'll finish 9th.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

it worked for Man City

That annoys me too. We we're linked with Long all summer and last season yet finances had stopped any potential move.. and look at him now. 2 in 2, including a goal against Chelsea, what a differences a bit of pace up top would have made for us today.

He'd probably cost more than what Beckford costs now.

Back