The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Can bring myself to sell Osman-he's come up trumps at times and just can't part with him lol. Same with Hibbert. Had offers but rejected them all. They were their hearts on their sleeves-they stay lol. I also make thim coaches too

Hibbert always ends up in my backroom staff. Most of the times, so does Osman... after a three year spell at Besiktas.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Die.

What is it about Arsenal and Everton players this summer? Jagielka, Baines, Arteta, Cahill......although the latter three are all rumors but still.

And so it begins. Won't happen. Arteta would only consider a move away from the club if it was in Spain. Nothing more than a rumour so it definately won't happen. But this is what happens when BK states to the press the squad is pretty much for sale except for Baines, Jagielka, Howard and Fellaini. Idiot.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

What is it about Arsenal and Everton players this summer? Jagielka, Baines, Arteta, Cahill......although the latter three are all rumors but still.

What about Wenger though. Warnock said to Arsene he should buy Jagielka from Sheff Utd-yet he didn't. Big mistake

tbh dont want arteta and he doesn't want to leave as he said himself yesterday on football focus.

and Jags will be staying i also think as it seems Dann is now our main target according to SSN

tbh dont want arteta and he doesn't want to leave as he said himself yesterday on football focus.

and Jags will be staying i also think as it seems Dann is now our main target according to SSN

Dann would be a good buy. Would be a good fit for us too. But we can only dream of buying players right now-hence the reason I go a bit mental with transfer budgets in FM lol

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Just seen quite a few tweets (yes I know-it's twitter lol) saying that there's going to be a final offer of £13.5 million for Jagielka. Seriously, I hope thats a rumour. Because if it's true, that is major insult to not only the club, but the player. Taking the absolute **** with that sort of offer (if true).

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

DM has admitted now that he is prepared to sell players to finance the club-including "star players" (interview with People). It's going to be a very interesting next 9 days to see what happens with this situation.

Not sure if that's good.

It is and it isn't really. Money from Yobo transfer, money from TV rights next month....should keep us a (very little) bit stable in short term. But, alas, more money that has to be repaid. At least the bank was willing to lend the money. Good job DM has a good relationship with them.

And then you have this little beauty:

Columns - ToffeeWeb - Season 2011-12

That was a real eye-opener (and a fantastic article). You have to read it to see who the owner of the club NEARLY WAS. There is something seriously wrong behind the scenes now.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Any truth to the rumour Arsenal are preparing a bid of £13.5 million for PJ? Hearing it's between £13-£15 million

That was a real eye-opener (and a fantastic article). You have to read it to see who the owner of the club NEARLY WAS. There is something seriously wrong behind the scenes now.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Any truth to the rumour Arsenal are preparing a bid of £13.5 million for PJ? Hearing it's between £13-£15 million

Dunno but if its true Everton will probably reject.

For Jags? Wenger is wasting his time with that

For Jags? Wenger is wasting his time with that

After reading that article have a feeling we genuinely may have no choice. The situation is much worse than I thought. Genuinely devestated Man Citys owners were so nearly EFC owners. I just cannot get my head around it.

After reading that article have a feeling we genuinely may have no choice. The situation is much worse than I thought. Genuinely devestated Man Citys owners were so nearly EFC owners. I just cannot get my head around it.

The big issue is kenwright wants and invester not a buyer,and the stadium. Without a new stadium, or the approval for one, no one will invest/buy in Everton.

The big issue is kenwright wants and invester not a buyer,and the stadium. Without a new stadium, or the approval for one, no one will invest/buy in Everton.

Think his face after the QPR match said it all too. Actually felt sorry for him. No denying he's got blue blood-don't doubt that all. But this whole situation is an absolute train wreck. And with the deb situation being at a net liability of £95 million, on top of the recent £13 million loan, the situation is that money from transfers will go straight to the banks, then once again, they'll be happy to lend, putting us deep back into the red again, and by the looks of it, for a good while to come. We're now in a dam viscous circle and I just can't see in a break in it in the near future.

Think it really is time that Moyes and BK have to swallow their pride, and let the players go. We're simply going to have to enter a transition period and slowly build up from scratch. I just cannot see us having any other choice.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Which reminds me. FT score from Everton Reserves vs Fulham Development Squad. We lost 2-0. And Yakubu and Yobo were playing.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Everton have reduced acceptable transfer amount from £20 to £18 million for Jagielka

Last edited:
Yo can shoot me, but I'm not sure I'd be happy if Mansour had bought the club. Moyes would've probably got the boot, his successor would've got the boot, our kids would never have a chance to play, since we'd be splashing out on duds... IDK, it would no longer feel the same way. I understand the club would be challenging for honours and so on, but I'm not sure it'd taste the same.

[video=youtube;T1gbqEDeIgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gbqEDeIgU&feature=related[/video]

Hope fans from Merseyside will take a moment to remember Rhys Jones who was tragically killed this day 4 years ago. Never forget the tribute that was held at Anfield. Truly heartbreaking.

R.I.P

---------- Post added 23/08/2011 at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was 22/08/2011 at 08:37 PM ----------

Everton's David Moyes acknowledges lesson of Sheffield United's plunge | Football | The Guardian

Bleak, downbeat interview with DM there. He is right though. Tomorrow night will i feel be a tricky match with potentially no Fellaini, Cahill or Saha.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;T1gbqEDeIgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gbqEDeIgU&feature=related[/video]

Hope fans from Merseyside will take a moment to remember Rhys Jones who was tragically killed this day 4 years ago. Never forget the tribute that was held at Anfield. Truly heartbreaking.

R.I.P

---------- Post added 23/08/2011 at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was 22/08/2011 at 08:37 PM ----------

Everton's David Moyes acknowledges lesson of Sheffield United's plunge | Football | The Guardian

Bleak, downbeat interview with DM there. He is right though. Tomorrow night will i feel be a tricky match with potentially no Fellaini, Cahill or Saha.

I can see us loosing it just as much as i can see a victory. Take nothing for granted, the players have been saying this week how much they want to kickstart the season and the ol' famous Everton phrase "Our Season Starts Here" which im sick of hearing. There is a logical reason as to why we don't start the season well, every year there is a bleak dark-side to the start of our season. The players will say they are happy with no signings but deep down, they no the club is going nowhere. None of them will say this because they no the consequences. Everton have been long known as a club built on heart and believe.. for a long time our hard work and determination was the key ingredient to success, but in the modern era.. money is the key. Without money your going nowhere unfortunately.

The club are still trying to find a way of getting a new stadium after the Kirkby bid failed, but their are no available properties (disregarding Stanley Park) in Liverpool big enough to build a stadium and everything that comes with it. I seen Kenwright say that John Henry (liverpool chairman) is open to a ground share, Liverpool fans are furious and i would be too if the circumstances we're different. It would be the last thing id consider, but at the minute seems the best solution. Goodison Park holds a lot of memories, packs a **** of an atmosphere, but is out-dated and just not good enough for our ambitions anymore. A ground share would help us out financially as well, which is another burden. If we can't loan money for a transfer, how are we going to persuade them to spend even more money on building a new stadium!

Im also glad the Sheiks didn't take us over, but the thought of Randy Lerner being interested and we waved him on disappoints me. Lerner has provided money to the Villa coach whenever it was required, he splashed out on Young when needed and even Downing. Lerner is quite wealthy and would of been a much better owner that BK. After reading that article, youget the sense of "what and how?". Why did we not take the Sheiks offer or Lerners but other Prem clubs did and are much better off financially? It doesn't add up, we can't be that goddam unlucky! BK is being to picky on who he sells too, seems to me like he is waiting for either a fellow Evertonian or an English buyer. I agree with his mentality, not selling the club to someone who promises to pump a few millions in at the beginning but then fails at a business plan on how they will run the club or what will happen if one bad deal goes down. Everything must be considered but if he is waiting for preference on a buyer, then we have a problem. AS said, his sadness was visible on Saturday, this IS after all his favorite club, he adores the club, born and bred Evertonian.

Finally, with the Jagielka bid, seems to me like Wenger is testing the situation at the club and being quite disrespectful. Lowering the bid from something that was rejected seems ludicrous, whatever reason he had behind it, it failed. We obvisouly aren't in DEEP trouble, Moyes has said that he will not bankrupt the club by buying players, so obvisouly we do have some cash.. nothing that can buy a player, but we are not at the stage of having to sell our players quick. Hope Jags stays though, and i have to say, i have the utmost respect for him for going about it so professionally, got on with his job on Saturday and has not made a fuss about the potential move. Although i wouldn't grudge him a move, i think at this stage he must be thinking as well as a few players at the club, Everton aint going to be in CL for a long, long time, this may be the last chance to play their and challenge for cups. Dark days.

Back