The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
We would have been so close to you lot had we got those two points in the derby! :(

To be honest the way we were in the 2nd half, if we keep this up we can kiss goodbye to any chance of Europe. And if you start winning it's going to be reversal position wise. I know City aren't a bad team but still. To play like that in the 2nd half is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow.

Phil Neville makes his debut on MoTD tomorrow night. Finally a reason to watch it

If he's half as good as his brother he'll improve the show immensely.

Christ yeah-seen one episode and immensly unimpressed I was. And our poor results haven't motivated me to watch it either lol

Everton v Man City lineups:

Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Naismith, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic. Subs: Mucha, Oviedo, Heitinga, Hitzlsperger, Barkley, Vellios, Gueye.

Manchester City: Hart, Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Y.Toure, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, K.Toure, Sinclair, Garcia, Aguero, Balotelli.

Judging by our recent run of form I'm not holding my breath. Be happy to get a point

Yeah?
I'd REALLY not be surprised by a score draw here.

As long as we don't play badly in the 2nd half like the last game. Played well in the 1st, and were pants in the 2nd-never got out the boxes for some reason.

Kolorov is off-groin injury

Well apart from a stupid pen to concede, on the plus side, we have absolutely dominated Man City. A passing lesson has been taught. I hope to god we keep up the performance in the 2nd half and don't start slow like last time. We absolutely deserve something against them-they've been made to look woeful in the first half due to our play

As expected-we're being dominated in the 2nd half. This might be a good time to go and do my shopping

Game of thirds. Played great first half, silly mistake. Second half Man City dominated. Final period Tevez went off and City were dire. Least we got a point so can't complain.

ibzDMc7oVnuo8P.gif

Wait for it to load if you need to. It's worth it.

He would have shot a long shot at the point when barry comes for tackle i bet my house on it when he was playing for us. (A)

Last edited:
I'm happy with the point. It was always going to be a tough game and for once we can't complain about being disappointed with a draw.

However there is a recurring trend amongst top players and managers, after Everton take points from them, they seem to label us as one dimensional. Fergie did it after Fellaini tormented his defence and we beat them, Wenger did it after we matched Arsenal in terms of quality, Gerard had the audacity to say it despite the stats stating otherwise and now Mancini has come and said that we can only score from set-pieces. That is quite obviously wrong.. I couldn't tell you the last time we scored a set-piece.

It seems to me as if the 'big' clubs are now afraid that Everton are becoming just as good as them and that they can't beat us when we show up to play.

Good start to the season, but in typical Everton fashion we've been great against the bigger teams and sort of dissapointing against the "lesser" sides. If we can improve our form against those sides in the second half of the season, we've got a good chance of getting a top 4 spot - yes I know I may be unrealistic here but this has been a great season so far.

Back