The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
We would have had a better chance with Fellaini, Gibbo and Neville in there. Just glad that unlike some other managers, DM admitted he was wrong to do what he did confronting the Ref. It was wrong to do and owned up to it.

We would have had a better chance with Fellaini, Gibbo and Neville in there. Just glad that unlike some other managers, DM admitted he was wrong to do what he did confronting the Ref. It was wrong to do and owned up to it.

I just love the guy. In a world without a trigger happy owner, Moyes is the perfect long-term manager for us
in my opinion

I dont think he was wrong to be honest, he could have picked a better time to do it. But from what I heard he wasnt abusive or anything. But I do love the way he conducts himself. I really want to see him tested in the CL

I dont think he was wrong to be honest, he could have picked a better time to do it. But from what I heard he wasnt abusive or anything. But I do love the way he conducts himself. I really want to see him tested in the CL

Would you take him at United Mike?

Valid point I guess. At least there wasn't any pushing or anything. Like you said the ways he's conducted himself have for the vast majority been spot on. When it comes to CL would love to see it to. We have some unfinished business there following harsh eliminations in the past. This time around we'd have a pretty good run. Though we still have a fairly small squad, on the pitch-we have the perfect balance in all positions.

If Heitinga does in fact leave during the window like his agent says he wants to do, we could use the funds to beef up the squad either with loans or cheap players and improve our chances. Once in Europe, a small squad can kill your season

FERGIE FERGIE SIGN MOYES UP.

Oops wrong thread ;)

Only joking though, I thought Everton were brilliant today and the intensity they imposed on Chelsea for the first 20 minutes or so I have not seen that from any team in the Premier League this season. It was really good to see and shame you couldn't of bagged a few more to kill the game off during that period.

David Moyes is doing miracles with the players at his disposal, looking at your starting line up and bench today was actually quite scary and shows the magic Moyes is achieving. Hitszelsperger (bad spelling) was a good coup though and I think he adds something different to your line up and is great to have as a squad player. However looking at it today you had a Centre Back (a truely great one I might add) playing at Right Back, a central mid mentioned above on a free, a few of your most key players out and still outperformed Chelsea especially in that opening 30 mins. It was very much even after then I thought. Losing the game was very harsh, a draw was at least merited. Just shows how far Everton have come and I love watching them play as a United supporter.

Last edited:
Yeah was more talking along the lines of what a win WOULD of done for us, had we beat Chelsea. I don't think we can feel disheartened by the performance though, from start to finish we were ****** brilliant! Controlled the opening 30 minutes or so and I think that is also where we lost the game, not getting that important second goal.
That being said after the ball struck the post for the 3rd time I was beginning to think it was going to be one of those days. Gutted we weren't able to take a point but a valiant performance against some of the best players in the league. We held our own and did not look out of place against them.
Another massive positive is the performance of Anichebe. He was easily one of our best players, never gave the Chelsea defense a break, great running and hold up play. Osman also did well in the midfield although I think we started feeling the effects of chasing the ball down in the second half, players looked a little jaded. Jelavic as unlucky as he was needs to start finding the back of the net again and also needs to stay onside! Distin was brilliant too as was an out of position Jags.
Into January I don't think we need a massive overhaul of players. I would like to see a playmaker in midfield (Gibson injured and looks like a recurring injury), a striker (can't rely solely on an out-of-form Jelavic) and possibly a defender. Most of all, I hope we can fight off teams looking to buy our players. If we can get through this window with no major departures (I'd let Heitinga go ONLY if Moyes was allowed to spend the money).

2012 was fantastic for Everton, only the two Manchester clubs had more points than us in it. Let's hope 2013 brings more of the same and gets us back into Europe!

Well it's been a great start to the 2012/2013 campaign, we've extended Colemans contract by 5 years which he's delighted with. Even though Gibbo is out for a month, I am very optomistic about the 2nd half of the season.

And as this will be my last post of 2012 going to wish all a happy new year and all the best for 2013 :)

Not the way I was hoping 2013 to begin. Power cut all day yesterday, and now 1-0 down to Newcastle.

Sigh. Some things never change

Bit of a soft free kick though. But still. 1-1. Would be nice to cut down on the games when we have to keep coming from behind all the time

It was kind of a soft goal to concede from a Newcastle point of view, but I think Krul expected the free kick to go over the wall and it caught him by surprise.

Tiote was lucky by yanking down Naismith in the 6 yard area. Less people in there that would have been a pen-would've been visible. Very lucky.

But hey ho. Anichebe makes it 2-1. Guys on fire lately

Good luck trying to throw Anichebe to the floor like you did to Naismith...

Apparently Hoarau has been told he's free to leave PSG now instead of waiting until the summer and he's already in talks with an unnamed club. We were linked with him several times in the last year, could it be that Moyes is about to pull another coup in the transfer market?

Apparently Hoarau has been told he's free to leave PSG now instead of waiting until the summer and he's already in talks with an unnamed club. We were linked with him several times in the last year, could it be that Moyes is about to pull another coup in the transfer market?

Been reading about this. Expected to hold talks with 4 clubs. Everton, Sunderland and 2 Chinese clubs

Needless to say I'd be a very happy man if it goes through. As much as I love Nikica and how hard he's worked for the team during this dry run of his, we need someone to start banging them in, or at least provide competition and put some extra pressure on him (although one could argue that he's putting enough pressure on himself already), considering Vellios has hardly played this season (I'm clueless as to why).

Back