The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Good start to the season, but in typical Everton fashion we've been great against the bigger teams and sort of dissapointing against the "lesser" sides. If we can improve our form against those sides in the second half of the season, we've got a good chance of getting a top 4 spot - yes I know I may be unrealistic here but this has been a great season so far.

You're doing fantastic. The celebrations were crazy today, looks like the squad are really enjoying themselves.

Did you see the linesman give Jelavic's goal? Weird that, he normally cancels injury time goals that are perfectly good goals. :P

You're doing fantastic. The celebrations were crazy today, looks like the squad are really enjoying themselves.

Did you see the linesman give Jelavic's goal? Weird that, he normally cancels injury time goals that are perfectly good goals. :P
Cheeky ******* :P

That said, you're not doing too bad yourselves, either. After a woeful start you seem to have achieved some sort of stability and will probably be fighting for a euro spot in no time. Whether you can get a CL spot or not will depend on who you get in January, though.

Cheeky ******* :P

That said, you're not doing too bad yourselves, either. After a woeful start you seem to have achieved some sort of stability and will probably be fighting for a euro spot in no time. Whether you can get a CL spot or not will depend on who you get in January, though.

Yeah didn't realise we were only 4 points off the pace! I agree with what you said about who we get in january.. but we've got a history for signing utter **** for more than twice their value. Hopefully Brendan won't repeat what we've done in recent seasons!

Do you think Everton will be active in the window? The squads great as it is to be honest, but I'm sure if moyes had the option he'd bring in one or two more signings.

Yeah didn't realise we were only 4 points off the pace! I agree with what you said about who we get in january.. but we've got a history for signing utter **** for more than twice their value. Hopefully Brendan won't repeat what we've done in recent seasons!

Do you think Everton will be active in the window? The squads great as it is to be honest, but I'm sure if moyes had the option he'd bring in one or two more signings.

Ufortunately he's admitted he has very little-if anyway-leeway in the market. I'd be very, very surprised if we buy anyone. Looks like it's the loan market

We'll probably squeeze in a loan or two, and maybe a freebie or one of Moyes' bargains such as Gibson

Last edited:
Fellaini named Premier League player of the month for November. No surprise to be honest-he's been on scintilating form

Mirallas will be sidelined for a "few weeks" with a hamstring problem, and Hibbert to have surgery to cure his calf problem so could be out a month or so

Looks like the MASH unit is open for it's usual business again :S

Mirallas will be sidelined for a "few weeks" with a hamstring problem, and Hibbert to have surgery to cure his calf problem so could be out a month or so

Looks like the MASH unit is open for it's usual business again :S

Naismith has been doing quite well though?

Naismith has been doing quite well though?

Yeah he's done his job well-puts in a nice shift for us. Just a shame Mirallas has this recurrance-love watching his skill on the pitch.

Got away with absolute murder. I get angry at it. How is the ref that ******* stupid and blind that he didn't see it? When Shawcross goes down three times you know somethings up. Everything about the premier league just winds me up. The SPL have better standard referees, and they're *****!

Have to say to be 4th going into christmas-never saw that coming. 5th-6th but 4th? Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming lol.

But the officiating yesterday was absolutely diabolical. Two absolutely needless red cards which should be overturned, and a goal disallowed by a linesman who must've been 50 yards away. Seriously? Can see it's offside from that far off can you? didn't think so. Fully expect the two reds to be overturned on appeal.

Have to say to be 4th going into christmas-never saw that coming. 5th-6th but 4th? Someone please tell me I'm not dreaming lol.

But the officiating yesterday was absolutely diabolical. Two absolutely needless red cards which should be overturned, and a goal disallowed by a linesman who must've been 50 yards away. Seriously? Can see it's offside from that far off can you? didn't think so. Fully expect the two reds to be overturned on appeal.

Was for a foul on the keeper wasn't it? Either way it was ridiculous.

Was for a foul on the keeper wasn't it? Either way it was ridiculous.

Aye hearing there was a foul now-not sure how I missed it tbh lol. But like you said. Ridiculous. If those 2 reds aren't recinded something is badly wrong

Good Gibson and Cole got their reds rescinded, it would have been terrible had they stuck by the ref's decisions.

Exciting news that Lewis Holtby announced he will be leaving Schalke at the end of the season. What a buy he would be. Arsenal and Liverpool are heavily linked but we're still being mentioned in the same breath as him and that pleases me. A boyhood Evertonian it would be a success story in football should he reject them two to sign for us. A bit of passion is a rarity in football now. It's a cert he's Prem bound, he's said many times before he wants to play here, the question is with whom?
A little fuel to the fire is that Moyes said today he would be looking at 'bosman' deals this January and I have no doubt he will make at least some contact in regards to his availability. Problem would lye were if Arsenal or 'Pool to bid this Jan, we couldn't match it. Everything must be done to get him, he would be a fantastic signing on a free and the prospect of him in our midfield is mouth-watering.

Chelsea are the main concerns now though - a real make or break contest. Should they beat us we would be pushed back a bit and really shrug of our 'top 4' contenders tag quietly. A win would be incredible. It would level us on points with them and keep us in the running. I'm excited but I just hope this isn't an opposite season where we have a good start but poor ending!

Good Gibson and Cole got their reds rescinded, it would have been terrible had they stuck by the ref's decisions.

Exciting news that Lewis Holtby announced he will be leaving Schalke at the end of the season. What a buy he would be. Arsenal and Liverpool are heavily linked but we're still being mentioned in the same breath as him and that pleases me. A boyhood Evertonian it would be a success story in football should he reject them two to sign for us. A bit of passion is a rarity in football now. It's a cert he's Prem bound, he's said many times before he wants to play here, the question is with whom?
A little fuel to the fire is that Moyes said today he would be looking at 'bosman' deals this January and I have no doubt he will make at least some contact in regards to his availability. Problem would lye were if Arsenal or 'Pool to bid this Jan, we couldn't match it. Everything must be done to get him, he would be a fantastic signing on a free and the prospect of him in our midfield is mouth-watering.

Chelsea are the main concerns now though - a real make or break contest. Should they beat us we would be pushed back a bit and really shrug of our 'top 4' contenders tag quietly. A win would be incredible. It would level us on points with them and keep us in the running. I'm excited but I just hope this isn't an opposite season where we have a good start but poor ending!

This may sound arrogant, but I wouldn't class a win against Chelsea incredible anymore. We have a sqaud that has caused headaches for all the major clubs in the Premier League. As things stand, we can pretty much hold our own against a lot of the teams on the PL. But at times complacency in matches against "lesser" clubs in the Prem (and certain cup games) has cost us. There's not a team in the PL that is easy anymore be it Reading, WBA, Sunderland. We have to raise our game against not only the biggest clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea but also the medium clubs like Man City. Yes Man City have great players but come on-the biggest clubs wouldn't get beat of Sunderland and Man City have better players than Man Utd. But the advantage we have against Chelsea is that it's pretty much very very soon after the window opens and on paper-we have the ability to match them

Last edited:
I think he meant incredible in a beating Chelsea putting you level with us and realistically being contenders for 4th kind of way. I wouldn't class you as contenders just yet as WBA are still up there and I'd expect them to drop off pretty soon paving the way for the real teams chasing 4th. No disrespect to you or WBA at all.
Beating Spurs to 4th is the real challenge in my opinion and you also have Arsenal and maybe Chelsea (I think we are in between top 2 and top 4 so to speak, its not a big 3 yet but we could catch the Manc clubs while also being dragged into the 4th place battle. Just realised I've described 3rd place..) to contend with. 4th is a better race than the title these days..

I think he meant incredible in a beating Chelsea putting you level with us and realistically being contenders for 4th kind of way. I wouldn't class you as contenders just yet as WBA are still up there and I'd expect them to drop off pretty soon paving the way for the real teams chasing 4th. No disrespect to you or WBA at all.
Beating Spurs to 4th is the real challenge in my opinion and you also have Arsenal and maybe Chelsea (I think we are in between top 2 and top 4 so to speak, its not a big 3 yet but we could catch the Manc clubs while also being dragged into the 4th place battle. Just realised I've described 3rd place..) to contend with. 4th is a better race than the title these days..

Think you're right. Having trouble reading properly due to be absolutely full of flu right now. FML

Back