The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I'v liked Vellios everytime he's been brought on. Know aboslutly nothing about this French bloke though but I seen on his Wikipedia that they likened him to Peter Crouch in France. On that note, I don't want him. No disrespect to Crouchy but I am enjoying the way our football has been lately, don't want another big target man for us to thump the ball up to.

Hearing Forren is in talks with Fulham too and not Everton. Transfers windows are always ***** for us blues (except he last few however), im still optimistic the Moyes can pull someone out of the bag.

On another note, was Hitzlesperger only signed on a 3 month deal? I have a feeling he was meaning this is the final month of his contract. I'd sign him up in a heartbeat, been a steady Eddy in the middle and a great back-up with bundles of experience.

Agreed on Hitzlsperger, he's been pretty good when he played, too.

On Hoarau, having someone his size on board, it's obvious we'd be tempted to hoof it up for him, but that doesn't mean we necessarily have to - after all we already have Fellaini for that :P. But having a (very) big man up front with th crossers we have and Baines' set pieces... well, it's an option worth having IMO..

Everton have announced a net loss of £9.1m during the 2011/12 season - nearly £5m less than the previous year - with wages also increasing to a record £63.4m, 75% of the annual turnover.
Turnover was down by £1.5m on the previous season to just over £80m, mostly due to fewer matches being picked for live TV coverage and a fall in season ticket numbers.

75% of the annual turnover on wages. We are playing a very dangerous game here

Everton have announced a net loss of £9.1m during the 2011/12 season - nearly £5m less than the previous year - with wages also increasing to a record £63.4m, 75% of the annual turnover.
Turnover was down by £1.5m on the previous season to just over £80m, mostly due to fewer matches being picked for live TV coverage and a fall in season ticket numbers.

Kiss your *** goodbye from Baines or Fellaini in the summer ;)

Kiss your *** goodbye from Baines or Fellaini in the summer ;)

No need to sell them. In fact Jagielka also today signed a 2 year extension to his contract. So all the big clubs can sod off :D

If Everton can get in the top 4 this season...that loss could turn into a profit. Except the high wage turnover,I think Everton are doing well..good reliable signings,not taking any risks with extravagant additions.And going step by step.If they do get in the top 4 for a couple of season then I don't think they are going to be dislodged from there in a while....

Hope you go into admin.

Well the good news is, despite our worsening financial situation DM is refusing to sell Fellaini and Baines during the window-though it's likely Fellaini will off to Chelsea in the Summer. So on the plus side-no sales to key players, though it's looking more likely Heitinga will be leaving to go somewhere else, which is a shame as when he's played he's done a good job for us.

Downside is-we're looking at loan signings this window. Again. Which is not a bad thing. I mean how many more times do we need to show other clubs you don't need to spend a fortune to do a good job against the bigger clubs? We just need to stop having to fight back from going 1-0 down all the time. Can only do that for so long.

Though I wish Bill would offer DM a new contract NOW. Seeing as he only has 6 months left before it runs out

Not sure if that's a wind up or not....so not being drawn into it

It is mate. :P

I wouldn't want to see Everton go through that. Although you need to stop doing so well in the league, I bet my mate a fiver at the end of last season that you's wouldn't finish above us again and it's not looking well!

It is mate. :P

I wouldn't want to see Everton go through that. Although you need to stop doing so well in the league, I bet my mate a fiver at the end of last season that you's wouldn't finish above us again and it's not looking well!

Be prepared to be a fiver down then :D

Though to be honest I'm cautiously optomistic of how well we'll finish what with the window being open, and of course past experience dictates, that at times our medical department can end up being like a MASH unit. It can get ridiculous at times. Though to be honest what with the surge of form Liverpool are on right now, and the way we're playing (though admittedly we've had dodgy spells) I still think both sides can make it into Europe. Hopefully though it won't go down to who has the worst injury crisis. That would just be a kick in the balls

Already sick of the ****** window due to the "agreed transfer" rubbish re: Fellaini so i'm not going to bother with that.

Away from it had a loan move for Jake Livermore rejected as apparently Spurs don't want to send a player to a "CL rival". Also being linked with Wigans £8 million valued James McCarthy as a replacement for Fellaini

Already sick of the ****** window due to the "agreed transfer" rubbish re: Fellaini so i'm not going to bother with that.

Away from it had a loan move for Jake Livermore rejected as apparently Spurs don't want to send a player to a "CL rival". Also being linked with Wigans £8 million valued James McCarthy as a replacement for Fellaini

Decent player McCarthy although somewhat different to Fellaini. From what I've seen of Livermore he's no better than Gibson/ Der Hammer and certainly not better than Osman. Don't think you're missing out too much there.

Decent player McCarthy although somewhat different to Fellaini. From what I've seen of Livermore he's no better than Gibson/ Der Hammer and certainly not better than Osman. Don't think you're missing out too much there.

Yeah pretty much. If we did buy McCarthy I'd be disappointed. Don't get me wrong good youngster and definately talented but not someone we need. We need someone who can be an anchorman and a rock solid CM. We should try and lure players like Markel Susaeta (though would probably be pricey), Yoann Gourcuff (though his fitness is a bit suspect) or Dries Mertens. I'd also welcome a bid for Adam Lallana. Though he is young, he is very talented and versatile aswell and perfect for further development due to his age

I know it's a long shot but why oh why aren't we trying to sign Moussa ******* Sissoko from Toulouse? His contract's up in the summer and he'd be a decent replacement for Fellaini if he does leave.

We've also been linked with a random brazilian left back playing in Portugal. Personally, I don't see it happening - I haven't seen him play so I'm not going to judge the player, but the only reason we'd be buying a LB is if Baines leaves (after all, we've got Oviedo, Distin, Neville and the kids to fill in at LB for the short term if anything were to happen), and if he does leave then I'm pretty sure we'd be going for a more proven replacement, seeing as he's (arguably) our most important player. That said, if the plan is to add and not to replace then it can't hurt, can it?

I know it's a long shot but why oh why aren't we trying to sign Moussa ******* Sissoko from Toulouse? His contract's up in the summer and he'd be a decent replacement for Fellaini if he does leave.

We've also been linked with a random brazilian left back playing in Portugal. Personally, I don't see it happening - I haven't seen him play so I'm not going to judge the player, but the only reason we'd be buying a LB is if Baines leaves (after all, we've got Oviedo, Distin, Neville and the kids to fill in at LB for the short term if anything were to happen), and if he does leave then I'm pretty sure we'd be going for a more proven replacement, seeing as he's (arguably) our most important player. That said, if the plan is to add and not to replace then it can't hurt, can it?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Leighton ends up going to Utd in the summer, and of course Fellaini to Chelsea. DM has said that without doubt they will not be leaving this month thank god. Will give us time to find a suitable replacement-if there is a suitable replacement of course. How do you replace a player of his calibre?

If we both got into Europe I would eat my hat.. what an achievement that would be for the city.

The chairman is leaving it late to have contract talks with Moyes isn't he? Is this a thing that has happened in the past or is something going on there?

If we both got into Europe I would eat my hat.. what an achievement that would be for the city.

The chairman is leaving it late to have contract talks with Moyes isn't he? Is this a thing that has happened in the past or is something going on there?

Well DM has said that everything is spot on, and isn't in a rush-which makes me a bit uncomfortable to be honest-and we'd hav a better chance of attracting players if they were able to see we have a manager who is committing to the club. And when he says he wants to manage in Germany that adds to the nervousness

Well DM has said that everything is spot on, and isn't in a rush-which makes me a bit uncomfortable to be honest-and we'd hav a better chance of attracting players if they were able to see we have a manager who is committing to the club. And when he says he wants to manage in Germany that adds to the nervousness

I can't imagine Everton without him as a manager. It doesn't feel right. Who do you think would come in as a replacement if he left at the end of the season?

I can't imagine Everton without him as a manager. It doesn't feel right. Who do you think would come in as a replacement if he left at the end of the season?

I honestly can't think who to be honest-be a **** of a void to fill. In FM 13 it's always Keegan, then AVB then Martin o'neill after relegation lol. Whoever comes in will have a ton of talent to work with and nurture

Back