The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I honestly can't think who to be honest-be a **** of a void to fill. In FM 13 it's always Keegan, then AVB then Martin o'neill after relegation lol. Whoever comes in will have a ton of talent to work with and nurture

I think it could be only O'Neill. But then he does tend to get frustrated at clubs who dont show his ambition!

I think it could be only O'Neill. But then he does tend to get frustrated at clubs who dont show his ambition!

That case he wouldn't be out of place. Entire club wants European football and if things keep going the way they are we'll get it. Not sure about CL-if we got it that I'd be doing cartwheels down Newcastle's Bigg Market lol. I'd be happy enough with Europa-as long as we beef up the squad and are ready for it. Last thing we want to do is overachieve and be stuck with a small squad

That case he wouldn't be out of place. Entire club wants European football and if things keep going the way they are we'll get it. Not sure about CL-if we got it that I'd be doing cartwheels down Newcastle's Bigg Market lol. I'd be happy enough with Europa-as long as we beef up the squad and are ready for it. Last thing we want to do is overachieve and be stuck with a small squad

Yeah mate, bit like Newcastle this season..
Hope Everton do achieve europe, think Moyes an the team deserve it so far, an have far more quality this time compared to their last venture into europe! Could actually do very well..if they can keep the star players their a match for anyone!

Why would you sign Dries Mertens if you sell Fellaini? Mertens is a class winger, not a midfileder.

According to DM, "der Hammer" signed an extension till the end of the season.

David Moyes insists that he is 'not concerned' about reports suggesting Marouane Fellaini could be on the verge of an Everton exit.
The versatile midfielder has been regarded by Chelsea as a long-term replacement for Frank Lampard, who will leave Stamford Bridge when his contract expires in the summer.

Reports have suggested that a fee upwards of 25 million pounds will be required to avoid negotiations with Everton, but Moyes believes there is no need to panic about the 25-year-old's future and is hopeful the Belgian will stay at Goodison Park beyond the end of the current campaign.

"I'm not concerned (about Fellaini)," Moyes said on Friday.

"I'm quite cool with it, I think that's what they say nowadays. I'm quite comfortable.

"Hopefully Marouane will be here much longer than this season, even longer."

Fellaini has notched eight goals in 16 Premier League appearances so far this season, equalling his best-ever return since arriving at Everton in 2008

Am I the only one who thinks that DM isn't convinced he's going to stay? Just sounds hopeful he won't leave :S

You'd just get knocked out in qualifying, again. (;

You'd just get knocked out in qualifying, again. (;

Woooooahhh low blow man lol. Each time I see "that" disallowed goal it still rankles me a bit. Was obvious that UEFA were scared we'd upset the apple cart and did their usual best to "things out" ;)

*conspiracy alert*

Though what I find more alarming, is coming across an interview with DM in Decemeber (which I missed and have only just read) saying that if we don't make the CL he is seriously considering leaving the club-possibly to manage abroad. Which i find alarming-only just found that article. Though it would explain why he's not signed a new deal yet :S

Thinking today is not going to be our day. Already had a few shots cleared off the line by the Swans D. We need to stop going sideways-doing it far too much and it's giving them a chance to get back, sit and defend

Had chances to take the lead but poor finishing costing us. Need to improve in the 2nd half. Swans though aren't going without a fight. Can see this finishing 0-0 if I'm honest

As I predicted 0-0. Very disappointing finishing when we created enough chances. Credit to Swansea though they dug in and defended well, and frustrated us. 2 costly points dropped.

Though I was also annoyed with the time wasting tactics of Vorm-deserved his yellow

Obviously ****** by the result but on the bright side it's been our first clean sheet since forever, so I'm not too mad about it.

The uncertainty over David Moyes's future is intensifying and it is down to him to sort it out and do this immediately. Why?
He is in danger of derailing the push for Europe by unsettling the squad. This happened last time be delayed renewing his contract; team performance dropped and we finished poorly.
Any view that says this is about David Moyes playing a canny game on funds is wide of the mark. The Club cannot conjure money out of thin air. Why would anyone (especially Moyes) think this will fundamentally change in the near future? Why would you make a decision about the next 5 years of your career based on such a short-term issue? He knows it's more of the same from Bill Kenwright so I don't see this as a reason not to sign now.
Negotiating his contract should be easy. His pay is already amongst the best in the world for a manager. He knows the score in terms of team building per comments above. What's left to discuss?
Finally, he owes it to the Club to sign. Even if he does move in the summer, at least Everton will get compensation. At the moment, we will get diddly squat. If he doesn't want to stay now he should say so and allow Everton maximum time to find his successor; not be pushed into a rushed decision in June.
A new manager will need the maximum time possible to bed in as Moyes has influenced every level in the Club over the years and it is now moulded in his image. I'd like to think the Board are already succession planning but, given their track record, I doubt it: if he isn't going to sign, he needs to say, so that they are motivated to act.Moyes's declaration of intent in the negative would derail this season, but allowing the current situation to persist will do that anyway, in my opinion; players need certainty and the Club and its supporters deserve it too. In the same way, declaring he will stay could give the lift that gets us into the Champions League

(Toffeweb (laughable at times))

Right or wrong? To be honest, this is one of the things that REALLY boils my urine at times with our fans. WHY DOES HE OWE EVERTON? Everything he has had to put up with, the players he's managed to attract, the stick he's had to put up with. Every other club has been invested in, or been able to attract players of quality. We've had to rely on loan signings, free transfers, and the occaissional big signing. Or we've, sorry David, has been able to convince players, top quality players, like Fellaini, Pienaar, Arteta to join the club and take us forward when we, as a club didn't have much to offer, but he brought them in because of his ambition of the club. And ambition that we couldn't match financially, but was wrongfully promised by the board. Bring in Championship players like Cahill and turn them into feared Premier League quality players. Basically, get the best out of any player and spot quality an absolute mile off for a next to nothing pricetag-a lesson other big clubs could learn from. There's very few managers who can pull that off-it's the fans who should be owing David, not vice versa. He's given us our best spell for as long as I can remember-as far back as Howard Kendall in the 80's. And not many managers would've put up with what he's had to put up with.

Yes he loves the club, but how many broken promises has been made to him? There's an investor on the verge of coming, yes there will be money to spend...yeah okay. Promise to find an investor as soon as possible. Yeah okay good one. All fine and well getting an investor. But you'll only get one when you don't vastly overprice the club by a stupid amount. Wish to god some of these so called fans looked at the bigger picture and stop being so incredibly naive.

Rant over.

Last edited:
An Everton fan has been found guilty of racially abusing Victor Anichebe and QPR's Park Ji-Sung at a Premier League game in October. William Blything denied a single count of racially-aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress but was found guilty at West London Magistrates' Court. He will be sentenced next month but is not facing prison, District Judge Jeremy Coleman said.

Blything, who was at the Loftus Road match with his wife, children and grandson, was reported to stewards by two fellow Everton supporters who both gave evidence in court. Passing verdict, District Judge Coleman said: "This took place at a football match, and we have a major problem as far as racist behaviour at football is concerned. "Speaking outside court Blything, 42, said: "I have never used that kind of language in my life - never have done and never will. There is something wrong with the justice system as far as I am concerned."

(SSN)

It's sickening enough when a fan of the club racially abuses the clubs own player and opposing players, but to do it in front of his wife and kids is....well I don't think I need to say any more. Scarey to think he has kids

Blything, who was at the Loftus Road match with his wife, children and grandson, was reported to stewards by two fellow Everton supporters who both gave evidence in court.

Ughh... what hope does this guy's children have?

Ughh... what hope does this guy's children have?

Not much if they're being taught by someone like that on life. Saying that, they may not be far off an age where they know right from wrong-can't really say as age unknown. But if he was my father I'd be incredibly ashamed

Appalling display. Southampton playing very well has to be said and hit the post. Also, lost Coleman to injury following a challenge. How we're not behind is beyond me-Ramirez and Lambert link up is superb to be honest.

Anichebe on to replace Coleman

0-0 FT. We keep up that level of performance we won't make Europe simple as. Mirallas is exempt though as it's his first game in a good while

Back