The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Doubt it will be a problem as you managed to keep all players. I think lot depends how ready your chairman is to sell players when big bids start to come in and how much of the incoming money is there to reinvest.

Well, good thing is Jags signed a new long term contract not far back, Leighton-mixed signals so won't be surprised if there's a lot of offers, and Fellaini-well it's obvious he'll be leaving. It is now essential to make top 4-or we will be without a manager

Well, good thing is Jags signed a new long term contract not far back, Leighton-mixed signals so won't be surprised if there's a lot of offers, and Fellaini-well it's obvious he'll be leaving. It is now essential to make top 4-or we will be without a manager

I think Europa qualification is good enough for Moyes to stay. I also think Fellaini is off pretty quickly. Main thing is how much of that 25(release clause?) is there to spend.

Even if Baines is quiet and doesn't say anything he will invite offers on form he is. Main thing is can you keep him or if not how much can you get from him.

I think Europa qualification is good enough for Moyes to stay. I also think Fellaini is off pretty quickly. Main thing is how much of that 25(release clause?) is there to spend.

Even if Baines is quiet and doesn't say anything he will invite offers on form he is. Main thing is can you keep him or if not how much can you get from him.

Based on past experience, and how high the debt is now even with additional income, there's probably going to be either just over or just under a third of the money to spend. Be surprised if any higher. If Leighton continues to get even better-if that's possible lol-we'd really, really struggle to keep him. There'd be sizable offers and they could prove hard to resist. Again,not much of that would be available to spend. Saying that, also depends where we finish aswell.

Re: the gaffers contract, still remember an interview few months ago saying that if we didn't make the CL he wouldn't stay any longer. And if we lost not 1 but more of our key players during the next window-he definately won't hang around. For the money we'd have to spend following such transfers, it won't be enough to replace such quality with similar quality. That would be the primary spine of the squad gone

Oh Anichebe you fat ******* I'm starting to grow a soft spot for you. He's really improved this season.

God this is why I hate the Villa matches at times.

Would like to send much love to Fellaini though-ensured I had a rage free next few hours. Proving his quality once more. We are going to have such an incredibly tough time filling his position once he leaves

Bit of an ****-clencher wasn't it?

Well played lads. I'd have taken the point before the game so I'm not too disheartened, dispiriting though it is.

Bit of an ****-clencher wasn't it?

Well played lads. I'd have taken the point before the game so I'm not too disheartened, dispiriting though it is.

Epic understatement lol. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but christ on a Harley it was taking the mick pmsl.

But have to give credit to Villa. They know how to fight, and if they keep this up they'll be safe. Remains to be seen though how this will affect them only getting 1 point-could fill them with a lot of "what ifs". Be surprised if that happens though-may have only got 1 point, but should be proud of how they played today. Well played.

Epic understatement lol. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but christ on a Harley it was taking the mick pmsl.

But have to give credit to Villa. They know how to fight, and if they keep this up they'll be safe. Remains to be seen though how this will affect them only getting 1 point-could fill them with a lot of "what ifs". Be surprised if that happens though-may have only got 1 point, but should be proud of how they played today. Well played.

I think the reason why a lot of Villa fans are ****** off at the moment is because we kind of don't know how to fight when the game enters the final 15 minutes. It happened again today, we should've had those three points wrapped up. It's nice to feel proud in how we played, but we need to start getting points on the board, and quickly.

I think the reason why a lot of Villa fans are ****** off at the moment is because we kind of don't know how to fight when the game enters the final 15 minutes. It happened again today, we should've had those three points wrapped up. It's nice to feel proud in how we played, but we need to start getting points on the board, and quickly.

Fair point. Maybe against another team those 3 points may have been wrapped up. But Everton annoy opposing fans for a reason. Every time we go behind, or are threatened with a loss it's like someone flicks a switch-we swarm all over the opposition goal mouth like flies around poo, and just enter a 6th gear and just launch everything including the kitchen sink. I have a feeling that if Fellaini wasn't playing the result would have been different-he's important to the club as Leighton is. Take away those 2 and we'd struggle.

What concerns me is the number of times we have to keep coming from behind, against teams we should be beating on paper. It's like at times we can only play well after we concede sometimes. Which isn't a dig at Villa btw. On paper we have better players, but against some other teams we play erratically. And before long that could cost us a European spot. Or a cup run.

I do think really that Villa should be safe come the end of the season though.

KOPITE Paul Feeney put footy rivalry aside to help Marouane Fellaini when the Everton star broke down outside his house.
Paul was sitting down for his tea earlier this month when he was interrupted by a knock at the door from the Belgian midfielder who was on his way to the airport when he suffered a puncture outside his house in Broad Green.

Once he got over his surprise, Feeney, a “proud and outspoken” Red, cast footballing differences aside and organised transport for Fellaini while also allowing the player to keep his car on the family’s driveway while he went abroad. Detailing the encounter in his blog, Marouane and Me, he expressed his relief that the car was untouched and when Blues midfielder Fellaini returned from his trip a few days later to pick up the car, he brought an Everton shirt for Feeney’s Bluenose brother and promised him match tickets.

(Liverpool Echo)

Awesome story and great gesture from Fellaini. Awesome fan aswell-what rivalry? lol

[video=youtube;z9OzB2H2YsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OzB2H2YsI[/video]

Time to stoke the fire for tomorrow :D

Though I'd rather not have another heart attack inducing match XD

KOPITE Paul Feeney put footy rivalry aside to help Marouane Fellaini when the Everton star broke down outside his house.
Paul was sitting down for his tea earlier this month when he was interrupted by a knock at the door from the Belgian midfielder who was on his way to the airport when he suffered a puncture outside his house in Broad Green.

Once he got over his surprise, Feeney, a “proud and outspoken” Red, cast footballing differences aside and organised transport for Fellaini while also allowing the player to keep his car on the family’s driveway while he went abroad. Detailing the encounter in his blog, Marouane and Me, he expressed his relief that the car was untouched and when Blues midfielder Fellaini returned from his trip a few days later to pick up the car, he brought an Everton shirt for Feeney’s Bluenose brother and promised him match tickets.

(Liverpool Echo)

Awesome story and great gesture from Fellaini. Awesome fan aswell-what rivalry? lol

Fellaini doesn't know how to change a tyre?

Everton Lineup: Howard, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar, Anichebe, Mirallas, Gibson

RVP and Rooney start against us along with Rio

Safe to say I'm well prepared this time and have my meds. Green ginger wine-2 bottles worth lol

1/4 final draw will be Wigan providing we have a better defensive display against Oldham

The words I've been dreading. The gaffer isn't going to sign a new contract in the near future. Going to wait until the summer to consider his options. Obviously something has happened behind the scenes as he was going to talk it over after the transfer window closed

The words I've been dreading. The gaffer isn't going to sign a new contract in the near future. Going to wait until the summer to consider his options. Obviously something has happened behind the scenes as he was going to talk it over after the transfer window closed

Unfortunately for Everton I just genuinely think the time has come where David Moyes wants a new challenge. I think he is aware that there will be a lot of interest so he is being pretty clever about it. The only way I can see him staying is if you achieve Champions League football, which is by no means an easy task considering you have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal to contend with.

Back