The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Bit of a risk appointing someone with no experience of top level management. Still, the same could be said about Steve Clarke and he's done okay. Personally think Martinez would be the only one on that list of bookies favourites who I'd want were I an Everton fan. Probably better off going for a promising young manager, perhaps someone like Poyet or even Adkins.

No you can't have Poyet yet! He has to get the job at Chelsea first and get sacked within 6 months! Then you are welcome to him okay!

I'm just wondering though if the reins would be handed to Round. He obviously knows the players+club down to a tee so wonder if that would happen-would make things smoother hand-over wise. May be worth a punt in the short term

I assume Round would move with Moyes? If not then he's somebody the new managed would definitely want to keep on the books. Most recent rumours (Since FA Cup match) is that Moyes is prepared to sign a new deal.. Maybe it's because there isn't any actual interest from any bigger clubs?

I assume Round would move with Moyes? If not then he's somebody the new managed would definitely want to keep on the books. Most recent rumours (Since FA Cup match) is that Moyes is prepared to sign a new deal.. Maybe it's because there isn't any actual interest from any bigger clubs?

Honestly not sure. To be honest no one has a clue if Bill and his chums have initiated plans to bring someone in, get a backroom staff member to take over or anything. Not one word has come out the club.

Re: the contract, not heard one thing. However, Peter Reid has said (quite firmly) he will leave in the summer. And to be honest I haven't a clue anymore about other clubs interest. I do know Chelsea are watching, but I hope to christ he doesn't end up there anytime soon. It's an absolute poisoned chalice. One potential scenario could be things get worse at Newcastle, Pards gets the boot, DM takes over. Plenty of potential scenarios

Well butter my biscuits what a most excellent day so far. Just got back to find that not only has my £350 been sorted out for a new desktop, but also Osman has scored a pearler to give us a 1-0 lead. Much springing in step ensues (H)

Sigh. 2nd yellow for Pienaar. This is about to get interesting

We're capable of beating the best teams (United, City...) but we're equally capable of losing against the shittiest teams (Wigan, Norwich, Reading...). **** logic.

Everton did deserve to win it, although they have to say a massive thankyou to Lee Probert!

Howler of a decision

(That said it's been a cracking display and I'm as happy as a football fan can be)

Now-lets hear those Everton "fans" say Moyes doesn't know what he's doing shall we?

What a fantastic result-absolutely over the ****** moon with it. An chuffed for Jela. So happy I'm ****** speechless. Now off to find a decent desktop to buy to round off a great day.

This could also be the boost we need for a final push

That ref was awful!

Everton deserved the win, they worked harder, and didn't stop running. Though, Fellaini was a lucky boy not to be sent off and give away a pen

Saying City have spent 900million since Mansour, they really dont have alot of depth

Yaya, Kompany and Aguero missing and they fall to pieces

Saying City have spent 900million since Mansour, they really dont have alot of depth

Yaya, Kompany and Aguero missing and they fall to pieces

Yeah great ain't it lol. We miss Howard, play with 10 men....and score again. Time for an overhaul at City me thinks. Nothing to do with the fact I'd love to see Mancini get the sack or anything....*ahem*

How many titles is that for Utd now? Starting to lose count now lol

Everton did deserve to win it, although they have to say a massive thankyou to Lee Probert!

Howler of a decision

Not really... we got a perfectly legit goal chalked off, game should've been over in the first half.

ZOMG, FA - Fergi Association strikes again. Did you see that refereeing? It was so pro United. We hate them with passion hur dur.

Well took care of Stoke 1-0. Now only 2 points behind Arsenal and 4 behind Chelsea and Arsenal . Looking very, very tight and we're still to play Chelsea aswell (along with Spurs, Arsenal and liverpool-no pressure there then). Was unable to watch match, but will be watching MoTD. Apparently Mirallas did an absolute humdinger for the winner so looking forward to seeing it.

Crisis? What crisis? I smell blood

Last edited:
Back