The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Unfortunately for Everton I just genuinely think the time has come where David Moyes wants a new challenge. I think he is aware that there will be a lot of interest so he is being pretty clever about it. The only way I can see him staying is if you achieve Champions League football, which is by no means an easy task considering you have Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal to contend with.

To be honest I've forgotten about CL which was pretty much going to be one of the conditions of him staying along with bringing players in. We just don't have the squad depth and the fatigue is starting to kick in, which is pretty noticeable with erratic performances creeping in. Most people say well how can you say he's been a success at Everton when he's won nothing? Erm....how about lower table mediocrity to quaifying for Europe a few times and consistently finishing top 8-10. With nothing?

I just hope to god the board have a contingency plan in place or the brown stuff will hit the fan. As not only will we also lose Fellaini the summer, but some other key players aren't guaranteed to stay either.

If Tottenham don't get that CL spot, I hope it is Everton who does. You guys need it. Big club, great history it's sad to see them struggle because they don't have the cash of Chelsea or Man ******.

Having a quick break from Warcraft, read through the comments post-Norwich match and my god some Everton fans really do spout bollocks (pardon my French). Oh he has to go he doesn't know what he's doing, he's too stale and all that ****. The fact is we didn't put Norwich to the sword and paid the price, even though we domintaed the match. You can dominate a match for ages, but it counts for sod all if you don't put the ball in the back of the net. And Norwich (imo) is always a banana skin tie for clubs where you don't know what they will do. And Norwich deserved the win because of one simple fact-they did what we didn't do and did what you should-score winning goals. Simple as.

163be32e-fd73-4312-8501-171f5a0cf72e

Looks like it's pretty certain he's going to be the new Manchester United manager.

Well, these next games (including the one kicking off in a few ticks) are pretty much going to make or break our season. Strapping myself in for some turbulence

Jose Baxter incredibly unlucky to hit the post. Mirallas very well taken goal but Gibsons pass for the goal was an absolute pearler. But we are by no means comfortable even being 1-0. Oldham giving an excellent account of themselves and missing Fellaini is clearly affecting the entire gameplan. This is going to be a rough ride-Oldham are causing problems as demonstrated by their wide play earlier down the left.

2-0 up but up until the pen, Oldham were still well in the game-and some their play was excellent-especially from Jose Baxter. His shot he took when he hit the post was screaming goal down to the quality of placement-was a fantastic attempt imo. Although we have breathing space, we still don't look comfortable at all at times and still panic. And Jelavic-don't question his work rate, but the fact he looked bereft of confidence and looked frustrated after only 15 minutes speaks absolute volumes. Shadow of himself compared to last season. 1 more goal to be absolutely sure-Oldham are still showing glimpses of creating something and scoring.

And full credit to the Oldham fans-they are by far the loudest in the stadium. Our fans need a kick up the ****

Game on. Osman scores 3-0. That man Matt Smith scores immediately in response. 3-1.

Satisfactory performance. Can't fault Oldham. Kept going to the very end and their fans were great. But how they weren't given a pen via Gibson handball is just beyond me. Even he thought it was a pen. but meh. Oldham have nothing to be ashamed of at all. They made us work really hard to get this win and deserve credit for getting this far. Though I feel if Matt Smith had started it may have been a different story-that guy can cause problems

Looks like Jags could miss the FA cup game against Wigan. Had surgery on his ankle and is a major doubt after the challenge by Le Fondre. Big blow if he's out

Oh well. Good to see that when we **** up we do it in style :@

Congrats to Wigan. Fully deserved their win and scoreline did not flatter. Some of our passing was an absolute disgrace today.

Just having a laugh reading all the status' and tweets that want Moyes sacked!

Meh. If they can't handle the occaissional shocks that happen they shouldn't be football fans. I simply refuse to go on those forums today because it's going to go way ott-it's the FA Cup. These things happen. Idiots.

Meh. If they can't handle the occaissional shocks that happen they shouldn't be football fans. I simply refuse to go on those forums today because it's going to go way ott-it's the FA Cup. These things happen. Idiots.

I think Moyes does really need to leave this season while he can still get a top job. There's no denying how good he is as a manager but no trophies under his tenure is starting to frustrate people and they are beginning to ask questions. No idea where he will end up though.

Also, how come I haven't heard any talk of the new Everton manager? Moyes has less than 3 months left on his contract, and it's almost certain he'll leave as long as there is a solid job offer on the table.. So where's all the rumours? I personally think Martinez would be a good appointment (and not just because of the FA Cup match).

I think Moyes does really need to leave this season while he can still get a top job. There's no denying how good he is as a manager but no trophies under his tenure is starting to frustrate people and they are beginning to ask questions. No idea where he will end up though.

Also, how come I haven't heard any talk of the new Everton manager? Moyes has less than 3 months left on his contract, and it's almost certain he'll leave as long as there is a solid job offer on the table.. So where's all the rumours? I personally think Martinez would be a good appointment (and not just because of the FA Cup match).

I wouldn't mind Martinez personally-he's talented. But I suspect the people who want Moyes out now wouldn't be too happy. They seem to think we should get a top class manager-which is all well and good but it's hard to attract quality with a stadium that's falling to bits, hardly any money in the transfer kitty etc. interestingly, the odds on the next gaffer are:

Martinez 9/2, Mark Hughes 12/1, Harry Redknapp 14/1, Steve Bruce 25/1, Jimmy Boyle 25/1. Even Brendan Rodgers is mentioned at 80/1-if that happened I'd get some popcorn, sit back and watch the EFC forums go into complete meltdown lol. But I'd give Martinez a chance to be honest. When DM does leave, it's going to be a rough transitional period bearing mind we'll be losing Fellaini, and potentially Leighton Baines and maybe Jagielka too.

I'm just wondering though if the reins would be handed to Round. He obviously knows the players+club down to a tee so wonder if that would happen-would make things smoother hand-over wise. May be worth a punt in the short term

Last edited:
I'm just wondering though if the reins would be handed to Round. He obviously knows the players+club down to a tee so wonder if that would happen-would make things smoother hand-over wise. May be worth a punt in the short term

Bit of a risk appointing someone with no experience of top level management. Still, the same could be said about Steve Clarke and he's done okay. Personally think Martinez would be the only one on that list of bookies favourites who I'd want were I an Everton fan. Probably better off going for a promising young manager, perhaps someone like Poyet or even Adkins.

Back