The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Here's Evertons line-up for the CC match against Sheffield United

Mucha, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka (c), Arteta, Barkley, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Anichebe. Subs: Distin, Neville, Howard, Vellios, Baxter, Wallace

Strong starting XI

This will indeed be a tough match. Low morale amongst the players and the fans...and there were still plenty of tickets

Here's Evertons line-up for the CC match against Sheffield United

Mucha, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka (c), Arteta, Barkley, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Anichebe. Subs: Distin, Neville, Howard, Vellios, Baxter, Wallace

Strong starting XI

Well, it's not like we have too many players to rotate :P

Just as I thought. 1-0 down. god frickin dammit

Edit-no it's not-just equalised lol. christ almighty nearly filled my pants with brown discharge lol

Just as I thought. 1-0 down. god frickin dammit

Edit-no it's not-just equalised lol. christ almighty nearly filled my pants with brown discharge lol

Can't find a proper stream, following it via BBC - not bad, 3-1.

Can't find a proper stream, following it via BBC - not bad, 3-1.

can't get a stream for love nor money. Needed to concede a goal to get a kick up the backside though. Still, wins a win.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

I wonder if this speculation about him, or Evertons plight is getting to Jags now. That's 2nd goal conceding mistake this season. Bit concerned about that. Rejected a £15 million bid for him aswell, so think can finally put this whole saga to bed now and just move on.

It has to be hard for him to remain focused, but I think once September comes and the transfer window is shut he'll be back to being his usual self, wether it's in an Everton shirt or not.

It has to be hard for him to remain focused, but I think once September comes and the transfer window is shut he'll be back to being his usual self, wether it's in an Everton shirt or not.

He'll be in an Everton shirt. The £15 million from Arsenal was their final offer.

He'll be in an Everton shirt. The £15 million from Arsenal was their final offer.

Even better, then. I think we'll have a good season, even if most people think otherwise. Even if we didn't sign anyone I think Barkley is going to be a great addition to the first time and he may be all we need to stay in the top half of the table. I'm not asking for anything higher than that.

Even better, then. I think we'll have a good season, even if most people think otherwise. Even if we didn't sign anyone I think Barkley is going to be a great addition to the first time and he may be all we need to stay in the top half of the table. I'm not asking for anything else than that.

Think it'll be a mixed season. not because we have bad players-just that other clubs have been able to strengthen. Year by year the Premiership has been increasingly difficult in nearly every match, as demonstrated by newly promoted teams from the Championship. Think Davids been a bit sly by saying to the fans not to expect a top ten finish-that'll get the players up for it.

me personally i think you will be top 7 as your first 11 when fit are a great team who can beat and loose to anyone ! :)

me personally i think you will be top 7 as your first 11 when fit are a great team who can beat and loose to anyone ! :)

Depends though. Key will be fitness. Along with Mr. Wenger keeping his hands off other players (like Rodwell, Baines). If I'm not mistaken, Wenger couldn't splash out unless Arsenal qualified for the CL (if I'm not mistaken-correct me if I'm wrong). And there's still clubs like Villareal lurking in the background too. But I'd be happy with 10th-13th considering all thats happened. Just have to be realistic.

If I'm not mistaken, Wenger couldn't splash out unless Arsenal qualified for the CL (if I'm not mistaken-correct me if I'm wrong)..

Dont know but i have had heard rumours about it :)

Ross Barkley looks like n interesting talent, hopefully we can have him n Rodwell in the future CM. If Arteta n Cahill can stay fit i can see us having a good season but we need a win against Blackburn on Saturday, QPR result was awful

Heard an interesting stat about Cahill, he hasn't scored in an Everton shirt since 2010..

He has been blighted with injury, but still thats a crazy fact for a man that scores so much goals for us and without him and his goals for the first half of last season, we would of been in deep trouble!

Barkley was great again, but as Mr Moyes said, he did make a few mistakes. They can be overlooked easily because he is young and exciting but at times he fails to see the better pass. All will come in time, he is only 17. Really exciting prospect, as long as we can keep SAF away from him, he will be a vital player for us in coming seasons. I haven't been this excited about a prospect since Rodwell and Gosling.

I think if we can get into September 1st with the squad we have now, we will be very luck and i will be over the moon! I think we need to strengthen, but i am against selling to buy, especially if it involves our better players. I think the Yobo deal is set to go through, and Yakubu is out of Moyes' good books playing in the reserves, so i can see him moving on too.

Great talent, reminds me a bit of Rodwell (I was watching Rodwell on MOTD and I was like "Who's he?" and then found out he was quality) and hopefully he helps you do well or you get money from selling him.

You guys have one of the best First XIs in the Premier League, in my opinion, it's just whether they all stay fit as you don't have much money and hardly any depth. I hate Everton, even more than United, but I do feel sorry for you and I hate to see a club like this - very, very poor.

You would have really done with a European run, that would give you a lot of much needed cash - maybe you should concentrate on winning a cup this year?

Oh yeah, hope Barkley signs for us! ;)

Any one else heard about arsenal and valencia fighting out for arteta for 10 million? If we get an offer I would 100% take it!

Back