The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Well took care of Stoke 1-0. Now only 2 points behind Arsenal and 4 behind Chelsea and Arsenal . Looking very, very tight and we're still to play Chelsea aswell (along with Spurs, Arsenal and liverpool-no pressure there then). Was unable to watch match, but will be watching MoTD. Apparently Mirallas did an absolute humdinger for the winner so looking forward to seeing it.

Crisis? What crisis? I smell blood
Bit ****** how they spent half an hour on the 'main' game and only five minutes on the lesser-action-packed games at the end, don't you think?

David Moyes gets his 10th MoM award. I'm not even going to say how fully deserved it is-we all know how a fantastic manager he is and the 10 years of sheer dedication he's put into the club. so I pretty much don't need to repeat whats already been said.

Though David-please stay another year....at least. Pretty pretty pretty please!!!

And to top it all off after 6 years I'm finally back in work. Just need a win against Spurs to cap off a brilliant day

Captain Phil Neville has confirmed that he will leave Everton at the end of the season after eight years at Goodison Park.
Neville, who joined the club from Manchester United in the summer of 2005, will take some time this summer before deciding on his next move but he revealed that his playing days are not over yet. The 36-year-old became only the seventh player to reach 500 games in the Premier League on Boxing Day 2012, and he has made 303 appearances for the Toffees since leaving United, where he won six league titles, three FA Cups and a Champions League crown.

In a statement on Everton's official website, Neville said: "It's been an honour to play for and captain Everton Football Club. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on Merseyside and will leave with immense pride. I would like to thank the manager, chairman, all of the staff and the players at Everton for their continued support during my time at the club.
"I'd also like to pay a special thanks to the fans, who have been amazing over the past eight years and Everton will always have a place in my heart. I want to continue to play at the top level as long as I physically can, and will be weighing up my options before making a decision on my next move. I'll now be doing everything I can to help Everton finish as high up the league table as possible."

(SSN)

Came back from work to see this and genuinely gutted. Leader, absolute pro, a real model-and an utterly professional person. There is not one bad thing i can think of to say about our leader as that is what he is. A pure leader and pro. I read one comment saying he was average. Bollocks. yes had blips-tell me a player who hasn't. And there isn't a time where he has not given all for the club. And if he was that average he wouldn't have 59 caps to his name. Imo he's played some of his best football at Everton. The only sad thing is no trophies-but my god we were so close and it's a travesty he doesn't have a medal to show.

Wishing him all the best wherever he goes or does. It's been a privelage to have him at Everton.

And to top it all off after 6 years I'm finally back in work. Just need a win against Spurs to cap off a brilliant day

6 years mate? Blimey!

And all my blue nose mates have been making sarcastic comments about Neville retiring. Don't know where he'll go next. Maybe drop a league into the championship.

Would love to have him at Charlton. I think a premier league club will sign him though.

3 points behind Chelsea. Jesus-didn't think it would be this close i really didn't

Everton have a very difficult run in mind you, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool all away. In their current form though, I think it'll be a close one.

After a 40 minute slow start finally became enjoyable. Though gibbo was a lucky boy. And Wilshere also has to learn to control himself at times and Pienaar-sigh. Some of the finishing left a lot to be desired though, although Barkley was very unlucky. disappointed there were no goals, although no points dropped is better than nothing. Some superb last minute defending by our defenders too. Judging by the runs coming up it's going to be very hard to play catch up with the rest.

Deserved to lose today. We are absolutely inept and the crossing was woeful-always going wide. So thats bye bye CL. Thanks sunderland for ruining my weekend. Though McClean was lucky not to be caught kicking out at Mirallas in 1st half-would've been red carded. That guy really ****** me off something rotten with his "play".

Off to go and sulk and be more grumpy than usual

CL might be gone for you guys, but 5th is still quite possible and I really hope you can manage that.

CL might be gone for you guys, but 5th is still quite possible and I really hope you can manage that.

If we want 5th we have to play much better than today-which will be tricky with the upcoming schedule. We were just devoid of anything bar a very brief spell. I have a horrible feeling things could go a bit **** up. We're basically throwing away our position with todays match. European football is basically ours to throw away now

Gibbo still an injury doubt at the moment, rumours going around Gerrard is out injured too-though I don't know if that's true or not to be honest. Few stats:

Liverpool have scored 9 goals in 2 matches that Suarez has missed ( :S )
We've only lost 6 times this season so far
20 red cards in this Derby-the most in in any fixture in PL history
Kevin Mirallas has a shot accuracy of 74.6% from 59 attempts
Fellaini has only been successful in 36.3% of his attempted 135 tackles
Phil Jagielka has the best defensive record in the league with defensive contributions once every 9.7 minutes while on the field of play.
Coutinho has completed a pass once every 4.9 minutes in the opponents half since he started playing

And right now I'm fluctuating between excitement and nervousness. Feel the urge to go and lock myself away somewhere til it's over lol

Sitting on the fence: 1-1

Last edited:
Gibbo does start

Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; Mirallas, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar; Fellaini; Anichebe.

1-0 up Fellaini involved once again. Hopefully the perfect send off for David in his last home appearance

Yeah me too. Scottish PL is miles apart from the EPL. And in other news which leads me to think it's going to be a topsy turvy summer:

Phil Neville pondering retirement as Everton spell draws to an end | Football News | Sky Sports

Now we all know managers leave, our favourite players retire etc, but it still leaves an air of sadness. It's just remarkable how incredibly fast time has gone by, to see one day players like Fowler, Owen, Henry, Becks, Shearer etc dazzling the Prem now they're moving on or already have. i don't like it. Make it stop :(

But Neville has been just an absolute professional in his career, truly inspirational. He'll be very, very sorely missed regardless of what other Everton "fans" say. But I think he'll make a great coach, and maybe an excellent manager. He's been around Moyes, Fergie....I think he'll do more than alright.

Back