The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
First Everton game I'm watching this season and so far looks pretty impressive.

I can see Romelu bagging you 20+ goals this season whilst Eto'o, Torres and Demba Ba struggle to get 20 + between the three of them. -sigh-

Why couldn't we have done this against Fulham? Very nice

Couldn't have wished for a better 1st half. I expected a tougher game tbh.

Much bro-love to Lukaku.

Another stellar performance by Barkley. Fully justified standing ovation.

And look at that. It's 3-2. wtf?! :@

This is why I hate football sometimes-can't see that much watching through fingers at the end

I hate to say this as a Liverpool fan, but im really enjoying watching Everton playing right now. Lukaku and Barkley are beast. Deloufeu is great to watch too.

I hate to say this as a Liverpool fan, but im really enjoying watching Everton playing right now. Lukaku and Barkley are beast. Deloufeu is great to watch too.

Yeah, this is why I was calling for Martinez to be given a chance. I like his style and philosophy. Lot of Everton fans weren't so keen, but this is why he should've been given that chance. We've got the players for his style. Just need to work on closing out a match more comfortably lol

Yeah, this is why I was calling for Martinez to be given a chance. I like his style and philosophy. Lot of Everton fans weren't so keen, but this is why he should've been given that chance. We've got the players for his style. Just need to work on closing out a match more comfortably lol

Hmm, this sounds familiar...

One of those days today summed up by the Howard OG. Off his ****** bonce-what are the odds lol

Still, suppose it's about time a squad with players of that quality defeated a team that has always dominated them-by being a team.

Not meaning to troll, but based off what I know of Martinez, I'd say when it's good for him, it's great, when it's bad it's awful.

Kind of expect Everton to be a on/off team this year

We've lost Gibbo for "several months". Damaged cruciate ligaments on International Duty. Just.....sigh

We've lost Gibbo for "several months". Damaged cruciate ligaments on International Duty. Just.....sigh
I saw that on the news, not good news for Everton. There's much more squad depth this year, though, I think - they'll cope with his absence.

Worked for Moyes, to be fair.

Worked for Moyes, to be fair.

Yeah I didn't word that properly to be honest. Wasn't really a criticism of DM (nothing to do with bias or anything.......ok thats a lie), but sometimes the players last time round made mistakes that lost us a lead in games we should have won. But on the flipside, I guess there were circumstances that would've probably caused it like injuries during a game, mental fatigue or just lack of awareness during the match-which also on the flipside could have been caused by lack of playing time.

Halfway through the season, and the 2 Merseyside clubs are in the top 4-and we're only 2 points off the top. When was the last time that happened. Just like the good ol' days

*wipes away a tear of nostalgia*

Also credit to Martinez. He's slotted into the managers spot effortlessly and made a great impact. completely vindicates what I've been saying about him

Back